• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a thread for this.

toysthatmadeus-001.jpg

I remember first hearing about this on the other site, and it's finally out on Netflix. For those who haven't heard of it, it's basically a documentary of iconic toy lines.

First four episodes cover Star Wars, Barbie, He-Man, and GI Joe. Another four episodes should be coming early 2018, and will supposedly cover Transformers, Lego, Hello Kitty, and Star Trek.

https://www.netflix.com/Title/80161497

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
If this is anything like Toy Hunter, with informative history about the toys...I am going to love this.

Going by the trailer, that seems to be the case. Must watch!

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Currently watching the star wars episode; the series has kind of a obnoxious voice over but its interesting enough to where i dont mind it too much

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I watched The Last Jedi with the Cincinnati Star Wars guy- he seemed like a cool dude.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Watched the first episode and thought it was cool. Been following the series on Facebook for the past year. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta watch that He-Man episode. First toys I can remember ever playing with, and still have my He-Man and Battlecat to this day.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Caught a couple, pretty awesome...

...but it's only reminding me that they haven't released any new information about that cool as fuck Castlevania series.

Why does Netflix cut their shows up like this, now? Is there just some kind of psychological game they like to play making a series seem like hot shit when they announce a few days after they were released that a BRAND NEW SEASON has just been ordered, even though they're clearly making more?

I guess I get it, but I don't get it. Whatever, I spose, it's a cool niche topic to explore.

Last edited:

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Holy Santa Claus shit, Barbie's knees can bend?! I always thought her legs were stuck in a standing position. I think this is the most amazing thing I've learned all year.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
I never knew how the Star Wars 3 3/4" figures came to be. Now I know.

RatCupcake

Oct 26, 2017
This looks cool! Seems like a good thing to watch over the Christmas break. Looking forward to a (potential) Star Trek episode.

Not Asleep

Oct 25, 2017
That blow-up doll chair behind the former Mattel CEO they interviewed for the Barbie episode is... unique.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best thing I ever did was salvage all these toys from my parents attic when I bought my first house at like age 24. I knew they'd pitch it and figured "if they could store it for that long now I can". Still have a ton of Star Wars and GI Joe stuff in my basement today in boxes.

I want an episode on the b-tier toys, the M.A.S.K, Go-Bots, Construx, etc.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Holy Santa Claus shit, Barbie's knees can bend?! I always thought her legs were stuck in a standing position. I think this is the most amazing thing I've learned all year.

Based on my daughters barbies it depends on which tier you buy. The cheaper ones ($5-$10) dont bend but the more expensive ones do. She doesnt seem to care so the bending ones arent worth it.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Just watched Star Wars, He-Man, and GI Joe. What a fantastic show! Brings back all kinds of childhood memories. I still have all my GI Joe figures. Got rid of both Star Wars and He-Man. I don't think until I watched this show I realized why I got rid of my Star Wars stuff at the time: it was worthless. I had no recollection that it was basically a dead line for almost a decade.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Is this just nostalgic jerkoff fodder or is there actually interesting information in here?

Sorry, that sounds dismissive, but I'm actually curious (enough to ask but not watch it blind).

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How would you forget that you had that?
The biggest toy I ever had (from any line) was the Cobra Firefox...er, Night Raven.

Memory is a funny thing. My mom worked at a preschool so she would often "donate" my older toys to the school around Christmas time to make room for new toys. That's how I lost most of my Masters of the Universe, Real Ghostbusters, and Ninja Turtles toys. I probably didn't have that carrier and jet for very long.

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on Netflix yesterday but skipped past it. In hindsight, it's right up my alley. Will check it out over the holidays.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched all 4 episodes back to back. Wish the other 4 episodes were uploaded. So many memories and very informative.