• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
So getting back on topic, what's the likelihood that items may be modifier like street x tekken gems? Or hell, like smash?
(Inb4 blade of the Ruined King too op.)

EscapingJail

Oct 26, 2017
So getting back on topic, what's the likelihood that items may be modifier like street x tekken gems? Or hell, like smash?

Maybe Items work like the vskill system of SFV? Choose one at the start and it changes stuff. I never player the new MK's but I think they have a "type" system like that right?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

I could see items. You select an item alongside the character and items have their own meter you need to build up in the match to activate it. Some might be temporary effects, etc.

Banshee's Veil could block one projectile special of your opponent and you can just walk through it as if nothing happened or even full projectile invincibility for a short period of time

Phantom Dancer or some AS item temporarely modifies the speed of your normals and specials which could lead to unique loop combos or juggles or just crazy pressure due the faster normals and specials

Infinity Edge normally all about crit in League could in Project L boost your next counter hit. Instead of a regular CH it will be more like a Mortal Counter in Guilty Gear which could lead to unique combos.

Guardian Angel if you manage to build the bar for it revives you once and health depends on how much super meter you had when you died

Zhonya's Hourglass could give you some sort of combo breaker. In league the invincibility lets you mitiage damage, in Project L it mitigates damage by getting you out of a combo.

Also the game will 100% have Summoner Spells in some form. Flash command grab with a grappler

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They could just use the items as motifs for the universal mechanics. I actually have a hard time seeing it require people to mess with a lot of item customization, even Dissidia toned it down.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Play under night or skull girls

I own them. I put time into them. I dislike the character designs and art style in those 2 as well.

I actually buy every fighting game to give it a chance (as I love the genre). Some games just don't get their hooks in me. I just really enjoy playing SFV, T7 and SC6 and keep going back to those currently.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Holy actual shit.

You say you aren't compltely sold on a game based on approximatly 200 total frames of early footage and everyone starts losing their minds.

nwld.gif

It's not that you're not sold on it, to me at least, it's just how you initially started talking about it. First you compare it to Rising Thunder and say it looks "reserved" as a point of negativity. Then you say their previous game was very "Street Fighter-y", again, as a negative. And then the very next thing you bring up is "mobility...like King of Fighters"

How else am I supposed to look at what you're saying other than someone, with actual sway in the industry, trying to turn a game into what he prefers. You're entitled to your opinion, absolutely. You can like what you like. But don't act like you don't know the reach of your opinions.

But, back on topic...

I'd like to see how they tried to do items like warmogs or Morellos.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
And then people wonder why high profile content creators don't chime in on public forums.

Dude can't give his opinion because of who he is?

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
The people hyping this game up seem to be living in a bizzaro world where they think riot can release a mediocre fighting game and somehow be the biggest competitive fighting game because they have money to throw around. How many times have we been through this?

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing another member, Recent similar infraction
Holy actual shit.

You say you aren't compltely sold on a game based on approximatly 200 total frames of early footage and everyone starts losing their minds.

nwld.gif

Hello Max. One, non-antagonistic question :) At the start of your video, you said" I'm one of the rare few...I have achieved actual purity, I have never played League of Legends or Fortnite. What you're looking at is genuine human purity. Non- tainted human being."

What was the thought process behind it, was it just for comedic effect or was there an undercurrent there revealing your feelings on League of Legends as the source material for the game? I can't speak for anyone else but it gave me the impression that you were not a fan of the source material.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
It's not that you're not sold on it, to me at least, it's just how you initially started talking about it. First you compare it to Rising Thunder and say it looks "reserved" as a point of negativity. Then you say their previous game was very "Street Fighter-y", again, as a negative. And then the very next thing you bring up is "mobility...like King of Fighters"

How else am I supposed to look at what you're saying other than someone, with actual sway in the industry, trying to turn a game into what he prefers. You're entitled to your opinion, absolutely. You can like what you like. But don't act like you don't know the reach of your opinions.

But, back on topic...

I'd like to see how they tried to do items like warmogs or Morellos.

You can have your opinion as Long as it's the right one otherwise stay silent.

That's what you're saying

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
You can have your opinion as Long as it's the right one otherwise stay silent.

That's what you're saying

What I'm saying is that I think Max is somewhat "port begging" but instead of wanting a game to come to a console, he's wanting to change an apparent "Street Fighter-y" game it into something more like KoF. He's allowed to do that. And I'm allowed take issue with it since I know what he says can make it's way to devs planning their game.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Good grief.

Anyway, Max is currently streaming GRANDIA - that super well known high-profile fighting game that's trending at the top of all metrics, to rake in those Twitch subs.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Yikes......poor Max, best just not respond to the silly poster anymore.

All this over a first look impression to which he gave his honest take on too......

OT: I think they can implement items/equipment......question is if they can pull it off corectly without it getting out of hand.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Sorry for the bump (Didn't feel like a new thread was necessary) but has there been any update on when we might hear about/see more of this game?

Last edited: