• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
UNPcy6T.png

Introducing the Apple Music Awards, a celebration of the best and boldest musicians of 2019 and the enormous impact they have had on global culture this year. The Apple Music Awards honor achievements in music across five distinct categories and winners are chosen through a process that reflects the service's editorial perspective, combined with what customers around the world are loving most.
An Award That is Uniquely Apple

Apple has designed a series of awards to celebrate the extraordinary craftsmanship integral to creating music. Each award features Apple's custom silicon wafer suspended between a polished sheet of glass and a machined and anodized aluminum body. The wafers start as a perfect 12-inch disc of silicon with nanometer level flatness. Copper layers are deposited and patterned by ultraviolet lithography to create connections between billions of transistors. The result of this multi-month process, before it is sliced into hundreds of individual chips, is stunning and distinctive. In a symbolic gesture, the same chips which power the devices that put the world's music at your fingertips sit at the very heart of the Apple Music Awards.

Artist of the Year/Album of the Year/Songwriter of the Year: Billie Eilish

Breakthrough Artist of the Year: Lizzo

Song of the Year: "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Rich people high fiving each other. The award looks way cooler than a grammy at least.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
There's like a concert tmrw with Billie Ellish I think at like 6:30pm pacific. Free I think even to non Apple Music subscribers. I'll check it out.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad to see these monstrously successful mega-millionaires receiving more acclaim and awards.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Those are really good-looking awards, even though they mean pretty much nothing. Happy to see a plus-size black woman and a young black queer artist get them tho.

They couldn't have picked a more predictable trio of industry plants to award lol

... yeah because Lizzo who's been working her ass off since frigging years is obviously an industry plant. /s