• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now a whole new generation can thirst over Minerva Mink

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but Amblin decides where it goes. It was on Nickelodeon for years instead of CN/Boomerang now they chose Hulu.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Here's an article from back then talking about the show going to Nickelodeon.

Pinky and Animaniacs get Nicked

Warner Bros. TV sold three popular Steven Spielberg animated series to rival kids net Nickelodeon in a deal estimated to have cost the kids channel US$20 million. Meanwhile, Warner's own Cartoon Network recently sealed a deal for 182 half hours of...

Up until very recently, it was quite common for networks to sell syndication rights for certain shows to networks owned by competitors.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Is it weird to anyone else, it starts with jokes about not having seen animation like this since the 90s... yet the clip looks very digital, and on par with modern stuff?

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
7gfg7surpqm21.png

Good Idea: Bring animaniacs back after 22 years
Bad Idea: Bring animaniacs back after 22 years, on Hulu*

*only because I can't view Hulu here in Canada and love Animaniacs

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for this.
Hopefully we also get Slappy Squirrel. Maybe they'll bring back Minverva Mink since standards are different now.
Just don't bring back Mindy and Buttons. Those were always so annoying.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Don't care about the humans inking style...

They are
BRINGING BACK
PINKY AND THE BRAIN !!!! (Minus et Cortex local ver.)

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The art style is pretty damn similar to the original series. It's just not created using old school cel animation.
The art style is the same but design wise, it's different enough to really stand out to me. The lack of two tone, the uniform line weights, the simplified BGs all make it look like an early 00s flash webtoon.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
They've directly said Minerva Mink isn't returning.

I know some people might say "good", but it'd have been interesting to see how they might've adapted her to 2020, sort of like Tawna.

Isn't it also said the Hello Nurse ain't returning either? Not sure that was confirmed either.

Yes. Lol. I think Warners and PatB are the only two that have been confirmed to return...

I guess we'll find out who else is returning by the time the show airs.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Yes. Lol. I think Warners and PatB are the only two that have been confirmed to return...

Hopefully if this does well in S3 they'll get more of the other characters back. Part of what made Animaniacs work was that the show had such a variety. I am slightly worried a show focused on just the warners and PAB won't be as entertaining. Yes I did watch the stand alone PAB show, and while I enjoyed it, I felt even back then PAB stand alone couldn't always carry a full episode on their own.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The original creators not even being told this was a thing is wack. The teaser looks pretty close to the original though.

Status
Not open for further replies.