• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I like what they showed here. Definitely hitting some Dr. No/Goldfinger notes but also feeling very modern.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I thought it was a great way to build some hype after the wet fart of Skyfall

I mean...I liked Skyfall, lol. Just really funny to see so much effort poured into something so small that won't really get used for production in the final film outside of extras, ha.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, Cary is going to knock it out of the park. One of my favorite directors.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
each craig bond has been worse than the last, so i don't see why they don't just do the obvious: bring back martin campbell.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Fukunaga is great director. Can't wait to see this!

giphy.gif

Fuckin had no idea Fukunaga was directing this! Get me on dat hypetrain

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen any movie by Fukunaga. What should I watch?

BTS footage looks great here

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Oh man, I had no idea Fukunaga was directing the new 007. I am fucking IN. I should tell my dad about this. He'll be overjoyed. He loved True Detective S1, and he's a huge Bond fan.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...how long is the one-take action scene going to go for?

It's basically Fukunaga's trademark now.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Hopefully they don't go with the "Bond is a codename" thing at the end that was previously rumoured.

Such a fucking shitty idea.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Craig seems to have made sure he's motivated for this one, he got his personal choice screenwriter to work on the script and on the production, he's got a director he respects, so yeah, no excuses this time.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This man introduced me to a 8 minute long cut. Can we expect that kind of work in bond 25?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I actually didn't really get a "I don't give a shit about this" vibe from Craig at all in Spectre. But I do remember him saying on the press tour that year that the huge success of Skyfall felt like an albatross around Spectre, so maybe the pressure of following up the biggest ever Bond movie had some effect on him and Mendes. Doesn't really excuse the dumb Blofeld shit though...

Haven't seen his first two features, but Beasts of No Nation and True Detective season 1 are must watches.
I'd throw in Maniac too. The first ep was horrible and the finale was underwhelming, but I was pretty hooked on eps 2-9.

Last edited: