• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Cool clip.

One thing I love about the Avengers movies specifically is the interactions between each of the characters when no big action set piece is take place. Hope we get more of that in this film.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Movie Carol is actually fairly tame. Disappointingly so.

Just like Doctor Strange, I think the time skip between movies is a good enough place to imply power growth and mastery.

She will be significantly more capable than at the end of her own movie. I can already see Iron Man and Thor blasting her with energy so she can quickly go binary.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Got no problem with her confidence actually. I just hope they let her back it up instead of placating the man babes. I'm sure there will be a few in my theatre when I watch. Going to lather my popcorn with their sweet salty tears

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Prove what? People are simply being judged by what they say, and how they say it. No one's saying Carol is immune to criticism, but we aren't idiots either, where we're suddenly incapable of detecting the increasingly obvious casual sexism that's popped up not just here, but in other threads involving the character as well. It's not just about calling out the "disgusting comments". Saying people are tired of it all is an understatement. But of course, then it gets described as a "dogpile" if too many people dare to rightfully call it out lol
When it overtakes the actual discussion of the clip then it is a dogpile. You over here calling out the semantics of my use of dogpile when you know damn well what I meant. You have people are legitimately afraid to post anything negative against Carol or Brie for fear being labeled something they are not and that's not right no matter how you try to justify. There's some genuine good discussion going on in this thread and I just hope that we can allow the people with good intentions (NOT THE SEXISTS OR MISOGYNIST SINCE I KNOW YOULL TRY AND FRAME IT LIKE IM SAYING THAT) to feel comfortable here.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the first page, there are 4 posts criticizing her and over 15 replying against those 3 comments.
I'm not trying to pedantic but the proportions are definitely going more towards the latter than the former.
The posts criticizing Carol/Brie read as the same sexist remarks made in the other threads discussing Captain Marvel. There's a huge discussion in the main CM thread where people criticize her character and/or Brie's performance and it's tiring to see, especially in the first page of a thread about an AVENGERS clip. There's a good number of "critical" posts surrounding Captain Marvel that are obviously sexist that it's hard to give people the benefit of the doubt.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
When it overtakes the actual discussion of the clip then it is a dogpile. You over here calling out the semantics of my use of dogpile when you know damn well what I meant. You have people are legitimately afraid to post anything negative against Carol or Brie for fear being labeled something they are not and that's not right no matter how you try to justify. There's some genuine good discussion going on in this thread and I just hope that we can allow the people with good intentions (NOT THE SEXISTS OR MISOGYNIST SINCE I KNOW YOULL TRY AND FRAME IT LIKE IM SAYING THAT) to feel comfortable here.
Yeah, yeah...people calling out all the dumb posts are dogpiling and virtue signalling.
If the discussion is off topic, which it is not, a mod will let us know.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Considering that you used virtue signaling unironically watch this before posting in this thread again:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Ya ya, those people are the real victims, heard it all before with another movie that shall not be named lol

So am I the only person that genuinely enjoyed Doctor Strange?

No.

I'm not one of them tho, it was just ok

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The posts criticizing Carol/Brie read as the same sexist remarks made in the other threads discussing Captain Marvel. There's a huge discussion in the main CM thread where people criticize her character and/or Brie's performance and it's tiring to see, especially in the first page of a thread about an AVENGERS clip. There's a good number of "critical" posts surrounding Captain Marvel that are obviously sexist that it's hard to give people the benefit of the doubt.
If this is a consistent thing here then I apologize and I might be wrong on all of this but from the skims of those threads I typically find people all for Brie and Captain Marvel.
So am I the only person that genuinely enjoyed Doctor Strange?
I hated Doctor Strange both the movie and character because he came off as so arrogant and condescending and by the climax of the film I felt he hadn't earned any of the power he had obtained. It's at the bottom of my MCU list by far. Luckily, IW and Ragnarok fixed that somewhat so i'm optimistic about a sequel now.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Carol is one of the most powerful mofos in the universe of course shes gonna be cocky

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If this is a consistent thing here then I apologize and I might be wrong on all of this but from the skims of those threads I typically find people all for Brie and Captain Marvel.

I hated Doctor Strange both the movie and character because he came off as so arrogant and condescending and by the climax of the film I felt he hadn't earned any of the power he had obtained. It's at the bottom of my MCU list by far. Luckily, IW and Ragnarok fixed that somewhat so i'm optimistic about a sequel now.
No worries.

And yeah, Strange's movie wasn't my fave either. He was arrogant before AND after his injury and I had a hard time finding him likable. I still enjoyed the movie but it's definitely on the low end of MCU movies for me.

Oct 29, 2017
OK I guess I'm crazy because I'm the only one who wishes carol was MORE COCKY in her movie and this clip.
I want her to be like Valkyrie but without the comic relief stuff.
Wish she had side eyed war machine a little harder when he called her little girl.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
One of my favorite things about these kinda sequences is how fluidly the MCU incorporates new characters. AFAIK there was only one jarring character introduction/inclusion in the entirety of the MCU (Spider-Man). Nothing feels forced, nothing feels out of place. It's fantastic and it really shows that these characters live within the same universe and have connected paths.

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
I love Doctor Strange as a character, but found the movie slightly above average. I loved Doctor Strange much more in Infinity War.

It's a movie which I struggle to get through since it simply can't hold my interest. It's lifeless and the perfect definition of forgettable imo (a lesser Iron Man origin film in it's construction) and I'm convinced that a sequel isn't sniffing a billion with Derrickson at the helm. Easily the most overrated MCU movie which would benefit from a new voice as in new director because I have zero interest in a sequel otherwise. It's also funny that it's been mentioned since Stephen Strange was easily one of the most arrogant character within the MCU before being humbled. :P

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
he came off as so arrogant and condescending and by the climax of the film I felt he hadn't earned any of the power he had obtained. It's at the bottom of my MCU list by far. Luckily, IW and Ragnarok fixed that somewhat so i'm optimistic about a sequel now.
How did they fix it? His characterization is pretty similar. If anything he might be even more full of himself in those movies than he is at the climax of Dr. Strange.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
How did they fix it? His characterization is pretty similar. If anything he might be even more full of himself in those movies than he is at the climax of Dr. Strange.
I think people just like seeing him do more cool stuff? I always get kind of confused at posts like "I liked his character more in IW/Ragnarok" because his character is basically the exact same at the end of Dr Strange. He just used more "magic" magic

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think people just like seeing him do more cool stuff? I always get kind of confused at posts like "I liked his character more in IW/Ragnarok" because his character is basically the exact same at the end of Dr Strange. He just used more "magic" magic

That and I felt he was funnier

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I enjoyed his interactions with Thor and Tony. The mansion scene in Ragnarok is hilarious and funnier than anything that happened in Doctor Strange. His interaction with Tony in Infinity War was also funny because he is one of the few characters in the MCU who is just as arrogant as Tony is. The character traits are still there but he seems to be more disciplined towards to duties as protector of Earth and less about his ego. Plus if i'm being honest, his fight scene against Thanos is probably one of the 5 moments in the MCU period.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Brie Larson really needs some coaching, she wasn't appropriately deferential to the big male heroes and she should probably play up her sex appeal more to be more likeable; show some midriff or something.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I enjoyed his interactions with Thor and Tony. The mansion scene in Ragnarok is hilarious and funnier than anything that happened in Doctor Strange. His interaction with Tony in Infinity War was also funny because he is one of the few characters in the MCU who is just as arrogant as Tony is. The character traits are still there but he seems to be more disciplined towards to duties as protector of Earth and less about his ego. Plus if i'm being honest, his fight scene against Thanos is probably one of the 5 moments in the MCU period.
I felt that the protector of earth part was already cemented in the climax of dr strange. The plan against Dormammu was a huge sacrifice he willingly took with little recognition as a payoff. Don't think he was serving his ego with that. All my opinion of course

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I felt that the protector of earth part was already cemented in the climax of dr strange. The plan against Dormammu was a huge sacrifice he willingly took with little recognition as a payoff. Don't think he was serving his ego with that. All my opinion of course
Yeah the end of Dr. Strange really pulls it altogether for me and made me a fan of the character. It was clever and selfless. My enjoyment of his character only continued with Ragnarok and Infinity War but it was mostly due to an escalation of his magic and ego.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
They're going to lose the first round,aren't they?
Marvel,Thor and Hulk teaming up sounds like a solid chance of winning but i guess something bad will happen.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The whole clip is definitely being built up as Avengers going in half cocked and getting their asses handed to them by Thanos. That's what it feels like to me. Tony no where in the scene and it's implied that Rocket and Nebula are in the scene as well.

Also why the hell is Mark Ruffulo smiling while delivering his second line? Seems so awkward lol. Like he is almost making the "you guys are SO screwed!" face from IW!

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I guess the pace at which he went from arrogant to selfless felt unearned to me and was the main reason I disliked him as a whole. Up until that point, he was a character with nearly 0 redeeming qualities.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cool clip.

One thing I love about the Avengers movies specifically is the interactions between each of the characters when no big action set piece is take place. Hope we get more of that in this film.
Indeed, I can't wait to see Rocket interacting with everyone, especially Tony and Banner/Hulk.
Wonder what animal they call him this time. (We've had hamster, fox, puppy, rabbit, talking woodland beast, etc)