• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over this game.

store.steampowered.com

Fireworks Mania - An Explosive Simulator on Steam

FIREWORKS MANIA is a small casual explosive simulator game where you play around with fireworks, create beautiful firework shows or just blow stuff up.

It is just an open sandbox, with tons of fireworks available immediately. You can set however many you want and then light them up.

The results are spectacular.

Apparently there's a mega firework hidden in both levels, gotta find it. But yeah...it's hard to even talk about this game, because it is very much what it is. And few games are like that anymore.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
That looks super fun!! But the fps drops when fireworks started... Lol.
I am wishlisting for now.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Oooh, I did an interview with the creator of Fireworks Mania not too long ago, he wanted to make the game because nobody else had.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I appreciate it's one guy making the game and the extra work required to make a VR version (and do it justice) probably isn't feasible right now, I want to see a mind blowing fireworks display in VR.

Regardless, bought. This looks so awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't get over this game.

store.steampowered.com

Fireworks Mania - An Explosive Simulator on Steam

FIREWORKS MANIA is a small casual explosive simulator game where you play around with fireworks, create beautiful firework shows or just blow stuff up.

It is just an open sandbox, with tons of fireworks available immediately. You can set however many you want and then light them up.

The results are spectacular.

Apparently there's a mega firework hidden in both levels, gotta find it. But yeah...it's hard to even talk about this game, because it is very much what it is. And few games are like that anymore.

Omg lol

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Yeah, that FPS drop is legit awesome lol. This game is going to be the next "can it run it?"

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
That looks super fun!! But the fps drops when fireworks started... Lol.

To be fair as he was laying down all these fireworks I was thinking "if the FPS doesn't go to shit the moment they start going off, this guy is a freaking wizard".

Oooh, I did an interview with the creator of Fireworks Mania not too long ago, he wanted to make the game because nobody else had.

Frankly any indie dev that has any other reason to make a game other than "nobody else has" really has to sit down and think things through.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
World's prime benchmark for CPUs.

Epileptic seizures also included.

It does look very nice though.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017

there-were-no-survivors.jpg

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Here ya go!

AMD Ryzen™ 9 3950X 16-Core - 4.7GHz Max Boost
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 64GB (4x16GB) - 3200MHz
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ - 8GB
That's a really good rig.

I guess I'm trying to gauge whether that would happen with mine. And for the love of Pete this isn't some e-peen things but here's my specs -

[email protected] all core
64gb 3600 Vengeance ddr4

Looks really good. Could see it being a good diversion.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who doesn't want to dump a whole bunch of propane tanks on top of loads of rockets. Played with kid, and was hilariously fun. Those little squeaker fireworks and flamingos add hilarity

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i've been playing this "game" for a few hours and it's really well made, the sound effects are also very satisfying. I hope the dev adds more variety and more destructible environments in future updates.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
tempted and Chubi's video really sells it, but can't help thinking it'd be used very rarely - to do exactly that.

I think VR would tip me over the edge

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
The only fireworks creation that I enjoyed before was in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.
It's pretty advanced too with timeline, variation and when to activate in certain time.

This one seems more focus on that alone.