• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
They need to nerf the range of the Signal jammer. It's currently too powerful, doubly so since you can spam 4 of them. We killed the entire enemy team, moved into the objective room and looked the entire time and never once heard the sound of a signal jammer and lost... Doesn't feel fair.
On certain maps, the signal jammer has a greater vertical distance. So if it's not in the laptop room, go to the room above it.

Shoothouse appears to be the opposite. Depending where it spawns (like the room with the couch and two desks) you can actually place it near the catwalk.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
On certain maps, the signal jammer has a greater vertical distance. So if it's not in the laptop room, go to the room above it.

Shoothouse appears to be the opposite. Depending where it spawns (like the room with the couch and two desks) you can actually place it near the catwalk.

I think a nerf to like... 7 ft would be better rather than the current 10.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I bought the aim controller. Sure it makes a difference.

I tried also Farpoint and didn't experience firewall's drifting with Aim. I hope that they can improve it to Farpoint's levels at least.

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really think this game has legs. Everyone playing online is so damn enthusiastic about the game.
outside of the great gameplay its the interactions with others that really makes the game fun

so much so that if a lobby is quiet or no one is talking i'll back out

and this is coming from an introvert who hates socializing in real life

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man played against a team that we just could not beat. Insanely accurate, grenades that seem to lock onto people, you die in a few shots, and they could tank so many. It was a herculean feat just to down a single person.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Had some awesome games with some truely awesome people, for my first proper couple of hours online with this I can't wait to get back in an hr or so.

Shout out to Triple, Call, Slip, B-rett, and Jag for the awesome games.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the community stays like this (mostly friendly and welcoming) for a good while, it will end at some point won't it?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the community stays like this (mostly friendly and welcoming) for a good while, it will end at some point won't it?

Hopefully not but it will likely will. People need to understand that the game will always have a somewhat small playerbase, we can't afford (not that it should be ever done in any game community) to gate people off. If a person with VR gets the game and the first game everyone is just raging on them, then they're going to think twice about playing more.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
UK

The multiplayer shooter, which is exclusive to Sony's PlayStation VR (PSVR) headset, debuted just outside of the top 10 in the 11th spot. Given that the rest of the list is filled with games releasing on platforms with well over 10 times the three million units PSVR has sold, that's pretty impressive to us.

https://uploadvr.com/firewall-debuts-just-outside-of-uk-top-10-games-sales-charts/
UK representing. That is really good tho, let's see what happens from here.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I played for 4 hours straight last night in a party with a mate - worked flawlessly, no host disconnects and was absolutely brilliant :-) Such an improvement from last time we tried it when we could barely get 2 matches in a row and were always split up.

Some of the items are gonna take an age to unlock but in a way that might actually serve to keep the games fresh as you'll start to see more items start to come into play as people slowly level up - I'm not expecting to see a level 42 door blocker any time soon!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's great when you lose and the whole team laughs. Everybody seems to love this game :)

The one thing that still bothers me is controller drifting. I can't entirely fix it no matter what I try. But it seems most people have it and everybody's just telling me "shake!". I need to get over this. To be honest I am very sensitive to this. I already complained about it during Wii/PS3 lightgun days and never was totally happy with the input devices. PS2/Xbox/Arcade lightguns spoiled me :(

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine this game with precision 360 tracking. Sony better have either this or Firewall 2 ready for PSVR2 at launch. System seller....

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine this game with precision 360 tracking. Sony better have either this or Firewall 2 ready for PSVR2 at launch. System seller....
Yeah, I hope they improve the tracking with the next device it can get a bit annoying. But I shouldn't worry too much. My accuracy is pretty good anyways and its so damn fan. I got Dragon Quest XI today, my most wanted game since God of War and I didn't even open it. Played 3 hours of Firewall and had to force myself to stop to at least try out DQXI for the next two hours :D

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
The tracking seems more like a limitation of the hardware than anything else. I'm always battling drift of some sort. I've gotten it to "good" and am resigned that it will never be perfect, despite my best efforts.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Have no issues with drift with my aim on this game, could it be environmental?
Hardly. I tried all combinations of lightning (even the green/yellow light trick), distance to camera, heigh of camera, four different chairs, standing, recalibrating dozens of times. It always comes back sooner or later. But like I said, my aim is still good and it works most of the time. I just have to stop focusing too much on the drifting. It's minimal most of the time anyways and when I stop fiddling around with it and just play the game it's good. Like I said I have that problem with modern "lightguns" since the Wii era. I played almost all of the lightgun games available since PS2 days and some arcade machines. And oldschool lightguns simply felt much better IMHO.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
Hardly. I tried all combinations of lightning (even the green/yellow light trick), distance to camera, heigh of camera, four different chairs, standing, recalibrating dozens of times. It always comes back sooner or later. But like I said, my aim is still good and it works most of the time. I just have to stop focusing too much on the drifting. It's minimal most of the time anyways and when I stop fiddling around with it and just play the game it's good. Like I said I have that problem with modern "lightguns" since the Wii era. I played almost all of the lightgun games available since PS2 days and some arcade machines. And oldschool lightguns simply felt much better IMHO.

What trick? I assume you just shake the aim every now and then to resolve? It is weird...I don't recall any issues when Move launched, I loved the accuracy, I remember playing many games of table tennis and that frisbie game...sooo nice

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I've had it in Farpoint, but not Dick Wilde though. So, at the very least, there's some difference between how some games handle the AIMs limitations.
Interesting. I only played Bravo Team, Farpoint and Firewall with the aim and they all had drifting. Move controllers in games like Rush of Blood also have slight drifting. I never ever had any problems with my headset though. Head tracking works absolutels flawless for me.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
What trick? I assume you just shake the aim every now and then to resolve? It is weird...I don't recall any issues when Move launched, I loved the accuracy, I remember playing many games of table tennis and that frisbie game...sooo nice
Flooding your room with green/yellow light because it does the biggest contrast to your move controller colors. There is a huge ass topic over in reddit about it.

Shaking resolves the problem for a short time, but then it drifts again.

Move and Wiimote are accurate enough. Stuff like table tennis and so on never was a Problem for me either. But spot on aiming with those devices never felt as accurate or stable like a "real" lightgun. But maybe that's just personal taste or feeling.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
Flooding your room with green/yellow light because it does the biggest contrast to your move controller colors. There is a huge ass topic over in reddit about it.

Shaking resolves the problem for a short time, but then it drifts again.

Move and Wiimote are accurate enough. Stuff like table tennis and so on never was a Problem for me either. But spot on aiming with those devices never felt as accurate or stable like a "real" lightgun. But maybe that's just personal taste or feeling.

For me Wiimote was useless whereas Move was perfect...as an example - with Wiimote in gold the club would glitch out and often go completely the wrong way, and in tennis I'd miss the ball for no reason even though in table tennis it's move faster and you had for more control (spin etc).

Thanks for the tips tho.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I am very lucky, out of my time with the AIM on various games, there was only one time I got drift and it happened in Firewall for like a few min but hasn't happened since.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Drift happens, sometimes more, sometimes barely noticable. A little shake now and then is usually enough. If that is needed too often, I put it down for 30 seconds on a flat surface.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Man I really want to play Dragon Quest, but this game keeps my occupied. It's so good. I will skip ehe Battlefield Beta. No room for another online Shooter currently.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
So I guess I killed the host with a well aimed grenade after knocking down his teammate, because the match was cut short immediately after xD

Also, those moments when you take out the final 3 guys yourself can be really tense, but also super satisfying:

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
Turning the controller on/off also helps. Keep it still for 10-20 seconds after tunrning it on.

Yeah, I played a bit last night and forgot the old 'turn on and leave still for a while' and was getting bad drift until I turned it off and on again!

Finally had my first online play, got powned in all the games...was very demoralising playing against a guy (Gozzer) who clearly knew the maps inside out and exactly where to throw grenades. Having said that, there was a group of us and whilst frustrated we were enjoying the games...in the end we managed one win lol.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Man I hope the matchmaking is taking skill levels into account. People are hitting those high levels and learning all the mechanics, levels, meta etc... It's going to be hard on newbies or people who don't have x amount of time to put into 'gettin gud'.

I say this because my last session was hard going man. Kept getting matched up against high level teams that proceeded to wipe the floor with me and whoever else I was unlucky to be matched with.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
Man I hope the matchmaking is taking skill levels into account. People are hitting those high levels and learning all the mechanics, levels, meta etc... It's going to be hard on newbies or people who don't have x amount of time to put into 'gettin gud'.

I say this because my last session was hard going man. Kept getting matched up against high level teams that proceeded to wipe the floor with me and whoever else I was unlucky to be matched with.

This is the risk these games present in terms of accessibility. This especially will make or break this title as it could be the best thing ever, but the user base will shrink and shrink as only the time rich / pro players will enjoy a fruitful experience.

Bring down the equipment costs, matchmake at appropriate levels.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
This is the risk these games present in terms of accessibility. This especially will make or break this title as it could be the best thing ever, but the user base will shrink and shrink as only the time rich / pro players will enjoy a fruitful experience.

Bring down the equipment costs, matchmake at appropriate levels.

Overall the game needs to seriously rebalance leveling and cost of everything. Currently even pre-level 20 leveling begins to sloooooooooooooooooooooow down and getting enough money to buy stuff feels like a challenge. Worse yet, losing gives you so little so if you're on a losing streak your just getting nothin.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017

Yeah, doesn't help that I'm a level 10 (my son levelled me up inadvertently)

Overall the game needs to seriously rebalance leveling and cost of everything. Currently even pre-level 20 leveling begins to sloooooooooooooooooooooow down and getting enough money to buy stuff feels like a challenge. Worse yet, losing gives you so little so if you're on a losing streak your just getting nothin.

So true...my I have about 8k and the cheapest gun is 15k, last night I was getting ~100 per game lol

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Unlocking is slow, but the guns are (as far as I can see on level 21) well balanced. There is no "best" gun, all have their advantages and disadvantages.

The attachments give advantages for sure. But you have all the grips, magazines and laserpointers unlocked at Level 20. Some of the secondary skills are harder to get by. I am still working on getting to Level 24 for the bulletsponge skill. But I never felt in a huge disadvantage and my experience with teams was overall rather balanced. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And if a game gets too one-sided you can still quit if you aren't having fun. This "problem" isn't new to online-gaming though.

BTW: You can also grind for money and XP in singleplayer and coop if you really want to.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Today was tough. Got owned almost three hours long, lol. But I at least hit Level 22. 2 more to go for my bulletsponge skill.

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Today was tough. Got owned almost three hours long, lol. But I at least hit Level 22. 2 more to go for my bulletsponge skill.

giphy.webp

OK, I caved and ordered...jumping in tomorrow when it arrives! Excited to fire up PSVR again...it's been a while.
i know some of u guys prefer physical over digital but digital is simply more convenient with VR games because you don't have to constantly take off your Helmet to swtich games

I bought RE7 physical and regret not buying it digitally, made sure not to make the same mistake with the rest of my VR titles

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
i know some of u guys prefer physical over digital but digital is simply more convenient with VR games because you don't have to constantly take off your Helmet to swtich games

I bought RE7 physical and regret not buying it digitally, made sure not to make the same mistake with the rest of my VR titles

Brother, with a baby I wish I had enough time to play games that I could switch! I really only get to blast through one game each night so it's not annoying. And it's £10 cheaper than digital, which is nuts.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Had some real issues with matchmaking tonight but it's the first time I've tried in a 4 man party - we would just sit there waiting and no one would join, makes me wonder if the game was waiting for another party of equal size rather than putting individuals in with us.