• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
They need to nerf the range of the Signal jammer. It's currently too powerful, doubly so since you can spam 4 of them. We killed the entire enemy team, moved into the objective room and looked the entire time and never once heard the sound of a signal jammer and lost... Doesn't feel fair.
I really haven't had much trouble with finding a signal jammer but I guess 4 might actually be overkill since the time left to hack the laptop is low after you kill the entire team.

May 17, 2018
This is the first VR game that I've actually played for more than a half-hour at a time. Absolutely love it. Makes me nostalgic for old shooters like Zipper Interactive's stuff.

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
Terrible at my first attempts but the atmosphere this creates is great.

I would say the comparisons to CS / RS6 are more than fair.

What i want from future updates:

- a presidential plane level (surely!)
- lower unlocks or more XP
- money capital unlocks for those who dont that the time capital to unlock via the grind
- ability to go into games of 3x, 5x or 10x matches with xp earned included in the match overall scoring
- ability to neutralise targets non-lethal and restrain them, equalling xp and unlocks

So far a solid 8.5/10

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
Terrible at my first attempts but the atmosphere this creates is great.

I would say the comparisons to CS / RS6 are more than fair.

What i want from future updates:

- a presidential plane level (surely!)
- lower unlocks or more XP
- money capital unlocks for those who dont that the time capital to unlock via the grind
- ability to go into games of 3x, 5x or 10x matches with xp earned included in the match overall scoring
- ability to neutralise targets non-lethal and restrain them, equalling xp and unlocks

So far a solid 8.5/10

Also, if taken out non-lethal, maybe those players unable to access the post death security cameras. Reward that risky yet tactical play.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
More thoughts after playing about 8ish hours or so

-The community is fantastic. 99% of the people I have played with have been friendly and talkative. I've added 4 or 5 people to my friends list because we played so long together.

-I'm officially addicted to this game. My fiance and I bought tickets to a 1:30PM movie, but I told her to push it back to 2PM. It wasn't a hassle because we have AMC Stubs so it was easy to cancel and choose a different showtime.

This is the best VR game released.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a big community for VR games like this? I remember RIGS being well liked but I don't hear anything about it after release

Glas

Oct 30, 2017
Watch out with "snipe-ya_", he's a heavy toxic user, which kicks out both enemies and teammates in public matches.

Apparently, I am not the first one meeting him, another guy on the FW Discord had a moment with him as well https://i.imgur.com/M8c6vOk.png

The only thing we can really do is to spread awareness, and if you ever match with him on the same team, let your teammates know and leave.

Just my 5 cents

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Wish matches were like 5 rounds instead of one. Way too much downtime.
This, I played it for the first time last night and spent most of my time loading in and out of lobbies. I'm not sure why they don't do first to three wins and then do the same again with the attackers and defenders swapping around.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
This, I played it for the first time last night and spent most of my time loading in and out of lobbies. I'm not sure why they don't do first to three wins and then do the same again with the attackers and defenders swapping around.
The only reason I can come up with is that they are afraid of people quitting. But a best out of three should be totally possible without people leaving. Even when one team gets totally destroyed it's only two rounds to play which is done in less than 10 minutes.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks really cool, is voice chat obligatory to comunicate with your team though?

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Played a few rounds last night, got disconnected twice and a network error once, very natural aiming but I just need more practice at this point.

Hope they get some new modes in future updates and the option to add best of 3/5 etc

Oct 26, 2017
Game looks really cool, is voice chat obligatory to comunicate with your team though?
Pretty much. If you play silent your team will be at a big disadvantage if the opposition are communicating.
Once you're eliminated calling out enemy locations using the security cameras makes a huge difference.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It's finally in delivery preparation and I should get it around Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope people are still playing by then. xD

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So I found some guys online and we formed a 4-man-squad. We can open a lobby but nobody joins. Waited for 15 minutes, reopened 2 times. Normal?

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Not obligatory. Obviously it's better if you do, even if only sporadically. As long as you listen to those that do talk tho it's okay imo. Main thing is making team aware of where the opposition is, either by using cameras when dead or when you encounter them, letting others now where they are.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am so hooked. Played several hours without waiting a lot with communicating teams and balanced teams. Had some of the most exciting firefights, crawling in cover, blindfiring the shit out of the other teams, throwing grenades, yelling at my teamates.

When everything comes together this is a 10/10 game for me. So much fun and I normally don't even like tactic shooters.

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
had a lot of fun with it lastnight

probably the most fun I've ever had in VR since the first moment I put on a VR helmet a year ago

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a big community for VR games like this? I remember RIGS being well liked but I don't hear anything about it after release

Both the Rift and Vive have sold less than a million units (had they crossed the million unit mark they would have announced it by now)

PSVR has sold 3 million units so one would assume that those numbers would help keep something like this populated

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
You open a lobby? Do you mean join a public or a private? Talking of which should we arrange a resetera Firewall get together? We only need 8 of us to fill a private lobby....
No I was in a squad of four people and we joined a public game. We were alone in the game for quite some time, then we tried to reopen but no one joined again.

I am now playing in a two-man squad and we don't have problems finding a game.

Man I am playing for four hours straight now I am getting exhausted xD

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Just played for an hour and noticed none of my XP was saving. :( Anyone else have this issue?
It's a bug only in the display. You will get your XP and money back when you restart the game or play some more rounds. Happened to me several times. I actually was back to level 1 again once and then even leveled up to level 2 before I got my original level back.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
eurogamer said:
There's nothing quite like the feeling of physically ducking behind or leaning around objects to fire at targets. Holding your arms up over walls and shooting down at advancing attackers is deliciously fun and the way your gun clatters off of walls rather than passing through them like most games just adds to the physicality and believability of your surroundings.

None of the above is possible when playing with the DualShock 4, though.

That's not correct, is it? When you are using the DS4, you can still hold it up to shoot over cover, and the gun still slides against a wall instead of interpenetrating right?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I got the AK last night. Really like it, still full auto but slower than the Kreguer but it has higher damage.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I got the AK last night. Really like it, still full auto but slower than the Kreguer but it has higher damage.
Not sure about getting it. 25.000 seems steep and I actually prefer faster shooting guns. I will first upgrade my Kruger to maximum and see. I can still use all the attachments on new guns.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I want to go home and start playing again. Mondays suck.

So what does your guys loadout look like?

I am playing RED for the extra grenade and the tough russian guy attitude. Straight out of an action-movie. I think he's the coolest character in the game.

Grenades are really powerful in this game, love them. I am level 16, using the Kruger with Muzzle Break 4, Grip 1, red laser and the second sights with the bigger crosshair. Next unlocks are already planned out on level 18, 19, 20 and 21. Will go for grip 2, bigger magazine, green laser, signal modifier and bullet-sponge, as second skill. Then I will try out some other weapons like the Volkov and the faster shooting SMGs. And yeah I will get that revive pistol ASAP.

I am a bit concerned about the grenade launcher attachment. These are usually super-lame in FPS. I hope it's balanced enough and doesn't one-hit you (it probably will ... :( ).

I was a bit disapointed that I can't change my flashbangs to proximity mines. I didn't know that there is always one lethal and one tactical equipment. So no changing the flashbangs against proximity mines :-/ Wasted 9.000 Crypto here.

Oct 26, 2017
Damn I want to go home and start playing again. Mondays suck.

So what does your guys loadout look like?

I am playing RED for the extra grenade and the tough russian guy attitude. Straight out of an action-movie. I think he's the coolest character in the game.

Grenades are really powerful in this game, love them. I am level 16, using the Kruger with Muzzle Break 4, Grip 1, red laser and the second sights with the bigger crosshair. Next unlocks are already planned out on level 18, 19, 20 and 21. Will go for grip 2, bigger magazine, green laser, signal modifier and bullet-sponge, as second skill. Then I will try out some other weapons like the Volkov and the faster shooting SMGs. And yeah I will get that revive pistol ASAP.

I am a bit concerned about the grenade launcher attachment. These are usually super-lame in FPS. I hope it's balanced enough and doesn't one-hit you (it probably will ... :( ).

I was a bit disapointed that I can't change my flashbangs to proximity mines. I didn't know that there is always one lethal and one tactical equipment. So no changing the flashbangs against proximity mines :-/ Wasted 9.000 Crypto here.

I've got Monday morning FW withdrawal as well; stupid real life getting in the way.

I'm halfway between lvl 12 and 13. Was hoping for more game time at the weekend, but had two BBQs to go to. Still no sign of my double XP bonus; raised a support ticket with Sony.

I've been sticking with Texas for her Bullet Sponge, with faster movement as secondary.
Main loadout is Kruger with dot sight, laser and lvl 2 muzzle brake, with a silenced dot sight pistol. Used to use the laser a lot, but now only occasionally since I've got better at using the dot.

I normally switch to a shotgun for the hotel and shoothouse maps, as things get cosy and it's handy for blindfire around doors and corners.

What are the sticky grenades like? Any good?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I've got Monday morning FW withdrawal as well; stupid real life getting in the way.

I'm halfway between lvl 12 and 13. Was hoping for more game time at the weekend, but had two BBQs to go to. Still no sign of my double XP bonus; raised a support ticket with Sony.

I've been sticking with Texas for her Bullet Sponge, with faster movement as secondary.
Main loadout is Kruger with dot sight, laser and lvl 2 muzzle brake, with a silenced dot sight pistol. Used to use the laser a lot, but now only occasionally since I've got better at using the dot.

I normally switch to a shotgun for the hotel and shoothouse maps, as things get cosy and it's handy for blindfire around doors and corners.

What are the sticky grenades like? Any good?
I don't use the sticky grenades because it's useless for my character. He only gets one more frag grenade so I am basically stuck with them. That said I don't see the advantage of sticky grenades. The good thing with the frags is that you can toss them around corners and make them bump from the walls.

Shmunter

Banned
May 28, 2018
Really close to pulling the trigger despite my indecent backlog. A bonafied killer title where VR genuinely elevates an FPS beyond the traditional it would seem.

xillyriax

Game Test Analyst
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California, USA
the dumb thing about the Double XP is that there's no indication anywhere that it's in effect :|

and dont waste your coins on that extra Crypto perk - only gives you an extra 4 coins

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Really close to pulling the trigger despite my indecent backlog. A bonafied killer title where VR genuinely elevates an FPS beyond the traditional it would seem.
Do it. It so much fun. It's what I have wanted from a VR game. The community is great as long as you talk. People were super friendly to me as I was getting started and not getting any kills in the first couple hours.