• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Shock32

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing co-op matches and feel like I've learned most of the maps. It was rough at first but now our teams are surviving the entire round.

Game is super addicting.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Based on the impressions on here I am buying this (love R6 siege) have recommended to all my friends to!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a pro patch?

Because some VR games have not day one.

Pretty sure there is. I don't think we got the full details but the Pro version is a little bit crispier but still slightly blurry.

Based on the impressions on here I am buying this (love R6 siege) have recommended to all my friends to!

Yes, yes- yes! Use the power of the shill! We must get the game even more popular. :D

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
Do it and join the multiplayer sensation. :D

Yeah do it. These games are best when new. The servers are full and everybody is finding out how to play best. It's the most fun phase of any multiplayer-only game.

I'm useless with online games as I get such little game time...I suppose at least with this I'm at the start with everyone and most of the 'hardcore' (who headshot me every 5 seconds) won't be fussed vs their usual fix...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I can never see enemies on the wrist tablet. Running or shooting.
Am i just slow?

If you're using the aim, use the right side button to change the map on the wrist tablet. Pressing it twice will make it show the entire map which may allow for it to better to see.

Have First Contact provided any details on how Pro differs from the base PS4?

I do not believe they have. I want to say it's sharper but that's just from what people said. Still not the sharpest PSVR game.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Other than the aforementioned Wipeout by Overflow, I'd say that Job Simulator is pretty sharp. Typically the more cartoony, the more sharper they tend to be.
Makes sense. I didn't play any cartoony VR games yet. Job Simulator, Shooty Fruit and that 80's inspired bullet-hell-shooter are on my wishlist though.

TheLoCoRaven

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Loving the game. Which gun should I buy first? I'm currently sitting on 16k crypto but waiting to see what guns sound good.

OP
OP
Shock32

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
I hit rank 5 this morning, i'm surprised by the amount of customization. If there's strong post release support this game can have a nice community for it.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Its annoying that the big review sites are not bothering to review VR games, games like this are not getting the exposure they deserve.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I don't own one but it's super cool that the Aim controller exists for games like this. Looks like a blast. Would love this on PCVR but, without the Aim controller, I dunno if it'd even be half as fun.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I was having a mixed experience initially last night; my camera was at about eye level and I realized that that's why my ADSing was not the greatest (the lights of the gun and the headset were being overlapped and mixed up). I moved my camera more above me and had a way smoother experience.

The gameplay is really really fun, but unfortunately it's a lot of waiting in menus the way it's set up now. My first hour of playing was going in and out of pregame lobbies trying to get onto a team with a friend of mine. Once we gave up on playing together and I got a few games in a had a good time. The core of the game is solid, just needs some quality of life improvements. Looking forward to playing more

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing this one of a kind experience only enjoyed by a small group of VR enthusiasts is a little sad. This should be the new big thing, but I'll take what I can get and I'll give massive props to the dev team.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
Is this worth picking up an aim controller for? I was keeping an eye on it for a while but haven't been doing much PSVR stuff since it's been so hot out lately lol

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I played for a few hours last night, and this game is legit. This might be my favorite PSVR game to date. More so than Superhot and Wipeout!

The gameplay is silky smooth and the community is friendly.

Here are some minor issues:

1. My Aim controller seems to drift more than any other game. Not sure if its the game or my controller.
2. I wish it wouldn't go back to the lobby after each round, I want to go directly to another game
3. Host quitting was a problem for me. Happened 4 times last night
4. I would like PS PRO support

This game has tons of potential and I will play more tonight. I would love an ERA meet up.

PSN: Vintendo Just mention you are from era

EDIT: Just want to mention if Bravo Team left a bad taste in your mouth, this game is wayyyyyyyyyy better.

Last edited:

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Is this worth picking up an aim controller for? I was keeping an eye on it for a while but haven't been doing much PSVR stuff since it's been so hot out lately lol

I found a lot of cheap bundles, I'm sure you can pick up a Farpoint bundle for cheap.

I played for a few hours last night, and this game is legit. This might be my favorite PSVR game to date. More so than Superhot and Wipeout!

The gameplay is silky smooth and the community is friendly.

Here are some minor issues:

1. My Aim controller seems to drift more than any other game. Not sure if its the game or my controller.
2. I wish it wouldn't go back to the lobby after each round, I want to go directly to another game
3. Host quitting was a problem for me. Happened 4 times last night
4. I would like PS PRO support

This game has tons of potential and I will play more tonight. I would love an ERA meet up.

PSN: Vintendo Just mention you are from era

I had the same drift issues, the PS Camera was picking up on the headset's reflection on a mirror. Make sure there's nothing reflective in view. Also dim the lights and clean the camera.

Some people swear on positioning the camera higher or even having it hang from the ceiling, I have nothing higher than my TV to place it on so I don't know if that would actually help.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
ooh, exciting! I assume they're decently cheap on ebay these days? I remember for a while you could only get it with farpoint, dunno if that's still the case

Depending on where you're there is actually a bundle:

https://www.gamestop.com/games/firewall-zero-hour-with-aim-controller/164407

Not sure about the ebay price since I got mine with a Farpoint Bundle a while back.

Remember, the game still does work with the DS4, so if you don't feel like buying it all at once you can always get the game and then the AIM controller on it's own later. :)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Im still waiting for my copy but I played a bit paintball in Rec Room today and I can instantly see where all you guys are coming from, that alone was immersive as fuck and felt amazing.

Can't wait to play like this in a real tactical shooter.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Im still waiting for my copy but I played a bit paintball in Rec Room today and I can instantly see where all you guys are coming from, that alone was immersive as fuck and felt amazing.

Can't wait to play like this in a real tactical shooter.

Man, Rec Room paintball is shit in comparison to this game with the Aim.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Rec Room paintball is shit in comparison to this game with the Aim.

Maybe so, but you can't deny that for a completely free game that it's pretty good!

I do hope that First Contact Entertainment starts talking with the fans soon. We all love this so much but it's been mostly quiet on their front other than then acknowledging the squad issues. But they're also on the west coast so they're probably just getting into work now.

So hopefully we hear some good stuff!

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
This game deserves the hype. After getting my bearings with movement and controls, the game play is everything I've wanted from VR. The tracking is not perfect and hopefully can be ironed out with a patch (if it isn't based on the typical tracking issues associated with the PSVR itself), but it's like playing classic R6 in VR.

Funny that the small PSVR userbase is probably a strength for this game, as almost everyone that i encountered last night was mic'd up and mature. A must own title for PSVR users and it could be a system seller is marketed correctly.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a PSVR but this looks really cool. I watched a couple of video reviews earlier and aside from the lack of modes (which I believe is a developer choice at the moment to not split the audience) they only had good things to say. Sounds really solid and I hope there's lots of post launch support.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Its annoying that the big review sites are not bothering to review VR games, games like this are not getting the exposure they deserve.

Only got review code this morning at Push Square, hence the delay. I think Sony wanted to wait until it knew the servers would be populated, but it is a bit of shame because it's going to delay reviews from coming out.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Lobbies definitely need some work. Being in a party and getting placed on separate teams, dropping out randomly, etc all can be frustrating but it's nothing that can't be patched out.

I agree with the above poster about not wanting to go back to lobby since that's a long wait but I understand the need to coordinate with teammates and adjust your loadout.

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i want this

but my gut is telling me that since its mp only and not alot of ppl have PSVR (3 million is good, and its sold more than the VIVE and Rift but u know what i mean) that i should wait til its like 10 dollars off which will probably be really soon (xmas)

Plus i'm not rich and I'm already committed to Spiderman/Red Dead 2/ and RE2 remake

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone explain a funny thing I experienced with a group, we killed the entire enemy team and hacked the laptop then we were told that reinforcements are coming, we watched the entrances waiting for the supposed reinforcements and the game just suddenly ended with a loss for us, what did we miss?

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
i want this

but my gut is telling me that since its mp only and not alot of ppl have PSVR (3 million is good, and its sold more than the VIVE and Rift but u know what i mean) that i should wait til its like 10 dollars off which will probably be really soon (xmas)

Plus i'm not rich and I'm already committed to Spiderman/Red Dead 2/ and RE2 remake

Will be interesting to see see the community legs, but it's another reason to jump in now. Might be a ghost town by December, but I hope not.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain a funny thing I experienced with a group, we killed the entire enemy team and hacked the laptop then we were told that reinforcements are coming, we watched the entrances waiting for the supposed reinforcements and the game just suddenly ended with a loss for us, what did we miss?

Was it a PvP match? Never seen that happen.

May 22, 2018
Man, you all are really selling this game well and getting into my head. I just bought two games yesterday too!

I don't have any friends that have PSVR, so I'll be forced into matchmaking alone. Any problems with going solo?