• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
User warned: port-begging
"I'd love to see a world where hundreds of millions of people can enjoy our games"

Put Bloodborne on Steam then

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Fireside is one of the latest studios they acquired, right? I lost track of this stuff lol.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
User banned (1 week): inflammatory comparisons, prior bans for platform warring
He comes off like Donald Trump Jr. trying to pretend he's an average every day person.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
Fireside is one of the latest studios they acquired, right? I lost track of this stuff lol.
Firesprite.

Fireside is not a studio. It basically just means an interview like this:
1.png

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
That's Firesprite, hehe.

I imagine, like Xbox, they want to have PS Now be on TVs and other platforms
This. I expect they intend to expand it back out again once they complete updating their system to handle higher scale, since they said that was one of the main issues they were working on a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The take away from this interview from me was that he has been a hardworker that went through tons of ups and down from 1994 to the present.

Felt genuine, especially with how he talked about the times they struggled in Europe or how they got motivated again after the PS4 e3 conference.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
His style in his responses reminds me of Phil Harrison (at his height). I guess they went on the same marketing training back in the day.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Pretty much little of interest beyond what is already essentially known about their plans for growing their IPs.
I hope that his comment about Horizon God of War and GT7 dropping one after another actually means that Ragnarok is targeted to release not long after the other two games.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched the chat yet, but perhaps more talk about the content and not the person? Really, who cares--isn't like we're going to be personally hanging out with any of them.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't Sony hire someone more in tune with younger generations as the SIE head? I don't get it. Not to be ageist, but the guy is as bland as they come.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Because he comes off like an out of touch rich person trying to pretend he's normal, like Donald Trump Jr.

Donald Trump JR - the guy who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, never had to do an honest days work in his life - is the same as a guy who has worked from the ground up to be in the succesful position he is in? Ok then.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Because he comes off like an out of touch rich person trying to pretend he's normal, like Donald Trump Jr.
Saying someone is a wealthy corporate mouth piece is not the same as comparing them to a seditionist, fascist megalomaniac. No one deserves that kind of comparison unless they have a lot of truly bad shit under their belt. It was a terrible comparison.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
The take away from this interview from me was that he has been a hardworker that went through tons of ups and down from 1994 to the present.

Felt genuine, especially with how he talked about the times they struggled in Europe or how they got motivated again after the PS4 e3 conference.

crazy to see how far they've come in europe to really dominating there. They also have so many 1st party studios there now, he's done well

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Ah the classic Era combo, a thread about one of the big 3 platform holders and a first page derail.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Why can't Sony hire someone more in tune with younger generations as the SIE head? I don't get it. Not to be ageist, but the guy is as bland as they come.

You want someone who knows what he's doing and gets the job done with nearly 3 decades of experience in the company, or you want a pretty face for the young folk who wants to be their BFF?

Oct 27, 2017
Are you asking why a longtime veteran Sony executive and now head of a multinational corporation is an older person?

What would "in tune with younger generations" look like to you?
I haven't had the chance to watch the interview, and since so few posts are actually about it, has Jim said anything that would warrant the comparison to Donald Trump Jr.(why him of all people?) or accusations of being out of touch?