• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tricky Diver

Oct 28, 2017
UK / USA

I've known people to lose six figure salary jobs because they accepted a $20 bottle of wine from a client and didn't declare it properly. What about people who get caught accessing data / sensitive information without a proper reason - there are often no monetary damages at all yet in most organisations this would (rightly) also be a sackable offence? I've seen people lose six figure jobs for doing this, too.

Gross misconduct, bringing the organisation into disrepute and a whole host of other reasons can be used to fire people for trivial and minor offenses like this. If somebody is happy to mug people off for $10 and is stupid enough to get caught and admit to it, and especially if they're just doing a job answering calls and responding to emails which anybody else could do after a couple of weeks of training - then any organisation with its salt will cut the fucker loose because it isn't worth dealing with their bullshit. And after this incident has gone viral, I'd imagine people have figured out where this is, and the business has been getting some bad publicity and nuisance / malicious calls etc. Why would any business put up with this?

Doesn't matter if its just $10.

Also, fuck DoorDash and the gig economy.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That lady deserves what came to her. Not only essentially stealing that money back, but putting that drivers job in jeopardy. Thank goodness he was able to keep his job.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
The lady is a shit head for sure. But I dash on the side and have had atleast 3 instances of people saying they didnt get their food that clearly did and doordash still didnt terminate me. You kinda gotta have low overall numbers and numerous issues to have this happen.
So three instances of false complaints when doing on the side. Is it unreasonable to assume if you did it full time you would have at least triple the amount of false complaints?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
No but the customers think it's the drivers fault, don't know how? 99% of orders are in a sealed bag and we are not allowed to open them.

I would say around here it's about 50/50 with being really sealed or not. Some things are "sealed" but either the sticker is loose, or there's not enough coverage that you can easily slip things in and out. Then there's stuff that just isn't sealed. That said, I've never assumed it was the driver that took the item and that it was a mistake on the part of the restaurant. I just didn't want me reporting that it happened was going to impact the driver since I didn't think they were at fault. If it did, I'd actually reconsidering reporting it depending on the scale of the item.

We don't have Door Dash here but in similar apps it happened to me, they ask if the bag was sealed (so it's not the drivers fault) and refund you

Ah, Door Dash has never asked that as far as I can recall. It would just let me select the items and then state what the problem is.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
We get a lot of food delivered to who knows where.. I don't really suspect it's drivers "stealing the food" but maybe something weird with our address.

Although it does suspiciously happen most often when they forgo taking a picture.

Occasionally it's at the next door neighbors, but if they don't post a picture at best I'm looking out my window at their porch... if I don't see it I'm filing a "not delivered" complained.. I don't order delivery so I have to get dressed and wander around my neighborhood looking for my lost food lol

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
We get a lot of food delivered to who knows where.. I don't really suspect it's drivers "stealing the food" but maybe something weird with our address.

Although it does suspiciously happen most often when they forgo taking a picture.

Occasionally it's at the next door neighbors, but if they don't post a picture at best I'm looking out my window at their porch... if I don't see it I'm filing a "not delivered" complained.. I don't order delivery so I have to get dressed and wander around my neighborhood looking for my lost food lol
I mean if you dont get your food you dont get your food. You have to report that.

It has happened to me. Damn right I reported it. I dont know what happened and I dont care but I paid for food.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I don't have any sympathy for fucking thieves.

That said, the fact that DoorDash can fire this guy with zero review process is fucking ridiculous, fuck Doordash.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I'm super surprised that all it took was one of these reports and the dude gets fired? is doordash just that flush with drivers that they can drop someone on the first strike? apparently without any investigation or whatnot? damn

also fuck that lady for lying that aint cool man

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I don't have any sympathy for fucking thieves.

That said, the fact that DoorDash can fire this guy with zero review process is fucking ridiculous, fuck Doordash.
You have no job security with gig jobs. No rights. No nothing. One day you can just wake up and find your income has ended simply because you pressed accept for a bad person.

So yeah agreed

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wait, they can get fired just like that??? I reported that a food was never delivered once using DoorDash but I didn't know they could be fired for just that!

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
I'm super surprised that all it took was one of these reports and the dude gets fired? is doordash just that flush with drivers that they can drop someone on the first strike? apparently without any investigation or whatnot? damn

also fuck that lady for lying that aint cool man

Doordash doesn't fire you for one contract violation. You either need a handful of low reviews or multiple contract violations in a given period (they drop off your record after 100 deliveries).

Oct 27, 2017
I order way too much and I can't say I've ever had an actual issue with the driver.

Cold food, something missing, got someone else's order? Sure, and I'll "report" that for the credit. I would certainly hope DoorDash doesn't fuck over drivers in those situations.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
I'm always in favour of ripping off companies anyway possible but not when it hurts the little guy like this….fucking sucks.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Wait, they can get fired just like that??? I reported that a food was never delivered once using DoorDash but I didn't know they could be fired for just that!

It's hard and nobody wants to get a delivery driver in trouble but if you actually didn't get your food, well, you should report it. You ordered something you didn't receive.

Though I would say it may be a better idea to contact the restaurant first and just check if there wasn't some miscommunication there before going to Uber Eats/Doordash/etc, since I don't know what kind of investigation they do. I've done that before when I was missing a fairly large item in my order and it was indeed the restaurant's fault; they cleared it all up, contacting Uber Eats themselves and getting me a refund.

(I also generally try to order from the restaurant directly, but of course many places nowadays don't have their own delivery drivers and rely on these other services.)

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I really can't get on board with people being mad at folks "stealing" food. Like I said before, maybe she's a total dick. But I don't blame people for trying to get one over on corporations because look the fuck around. But it really sucks that she made a choice, this guy got fired, and then DoorDash gave him the tools to go confront her (and the restaurant probably ate the cost of her refund, too). Nothing here is good for anyone, and yet DoorDash skates.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I really can't get on board with people being mad at folks "stealing" food. Like I said before, maybe she's a total dick. But I don't blame people for trying to get one over on corporations because look the fuck around. But it really sucks that she made a choice, this guy got fired, and then DoorDash gave him the tools to go confront her (and the restaurant probably ate the cost of her refund, too). Nothing here is good for anyone, and yet DoorDash skates.
How are you equating someone fucking over a food delivery person to "getting one over on corporations"?

I worked in the service industry while in college and I know plenty of bartenders/servers who had to pay the tab when customers walkout without paying their bill. That's what you are condoning here. The only person that gets fucked is the service worker at the end of it. There has to be a better way to get back at the evil corporations than trying to fuck over another human being.

Oct 25, 2017
Stealing some random shit from Walmart is "getting one over on corporations." This lady straight up asserted that a specific individual did not perform their job, putting their livelihood at risk, in the pursuit of a slight gain for herself.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
If this is real or just a small part of the story or whatever, it's still interesting to see People have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that their shitty actions can hurt real people.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Stealing some random shit from Walmart is "getting one over on corporations." This lady straight up asserted that a specific individual did not perform their job, putting their livelihood at risk, in the pursuit of a slight gain for herself.
I don't disagree that she did a terrible thing here. But without knowing more, I think it's equally likely she was just ignorant or in need. People in need will make all kinds of choices. It's really easy to justify without thinking through to who might get hurt. Or maybe she's just an asshole. REGARDLESS, she didn't fire this man.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So three instances of false complaints when doing on the side. Is it unreasonable to assume if you did it full time you would have at least triple the amount of false complaints?

It's possible. I'm just basing my prior comment off of my conversations with customer service after these complaints. They straight said they wont fire me over these unless the system detects a pattern, or I'm under a certain customer rating or completion rating as well when the complaint hits. All that said I should of never commented what I originally did. It comes off as victim blaming and dismissive

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017

Strong disagree. If you use one of these delivery services you should pay for it, and you should also be tipping the driver generously. In particular with these kinds of gig economy jobs the true person being exploited is the drivers (and to a lesser extent the restaurants), and it's obvious who would be held accountable for a failed delivery.

If you want to take the "moral high ground" against this corporation don't use the service.

May 14, 2021
It's funny some of y'all are blaming him and saying he must have not delivered food in the past. Or ya know, it could be there's a lot of shitty people reporting their food wasn't delivered and he paid the price.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree that she did a terrible thing here. But without knowing more, I think it's equally likely she was just ignorant or in need. People in need will make all kinds of choices. It's really easy to justify without thinking through to who might get hurt. Or maybe she's just an asshole. REGARDLESS, she didn't fire this man.

If you are "in need" you aren't gonna garner much sympathy over trying to DoorDash chipotle

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
Is it really equally likely that someone 'in need' is paying the extra to get their burrito delivered at work then lying about it? I agree she might not have considered the consequences would land on the driver out of extreme ignorance, but 'in need' seems like a really unlikely element to add as 'equally likely' to just thinking she could get away with it.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Isn't the gig economy absolutely fantastic?

Good on the guy to get his gig back but dear lord Door Dash is a trash company.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
Strong disagree. If you use one of these delivery services you should pay for it, and you should also be tipping the driver generously. In particular with these kinds of gig economy jobs the true person being exploited is the drivers (and to a lesser extent the restaurants), and it's obvious who would be held accountable for a failed delivery.

If you want to take the "moral high ground" against this corporation don't use the service.

Hit the nail on the head. The customer knowingly screwed over the driver. I've had food delivery jobs where people have brazenly lied about their service since they were unhappy with things outside of my control. Once had somebody claim I ate some of their food in front of them after they angrily confronted me at the door about their wait time. I explained to them that we were understaffed and that I was still under estimate, and they sure weren't happy about that. Luckily management had my back.

People that do this are total scumbags.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
This happened to me one time when I working for doordash. It was at the very beginning of the pandemic. The person had noted to leave it at their door. I placed it down(it was before taking pics was the norm), rang the doorbell and walked back to my car. Never saw them come out and get it before I left. About 2 hours later while I was still working, I got a call from doordash asking if I delivered that order because the customer never got it. I said yes, then luckily the person just said Ok and I never heard about it again.

It is very bold of these people to fuck with drivers livelihoods when they know where they live/work

Sonny Cheeba

Jun 4, 2022
It wasn't even about the $10, she did it because scamming culture is super prevalent with delivery workers. I see it all the time on social media.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Why are some people here saying this isn't termination worthy?

-She caused an uproar that made her employer look bad.
-She's proven herself to be untrustworthy and petty trying to grift over a $10 lunch.
-She pulled this shit WHILE ON THE JOB, which says she doesn't respect her position or employer enough to at least wait to do this scamming on her own time.

Any sane employer would terminate an employee that did this. Her being fired should be the least surprising thing about this.

Last edited:

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't even about the $10, she did it because scamming culture is super prevalent with delivery workers. I see it all the time on social media.

Which is sad because even if (and this is a big IF) the logic is "oh well I'm cheating this large corporation/business", they will take any excuse to put the blame on someone else and make them suffer for it.

Like there's "fair play, get yours" (within reasonable limits) and then there's "are you aware that by doing this, all of the damage goes straight to the people at the bottom, the top won't even flinch, because they will never take responsibility?"

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
I was on the dude side until I saw all comments about how he has antisemitic stuff in his YouTube. And has admitted to holding people's food if they don't tip.

So I guess nobody is a winner here.

sounds like you're afraid of the truth about pfizer and BLM

OL2ySy0.png

0O7fZV9.png

Seriously though, fuck this guy. He deserved to be fired. You don't get fired for one report. You do get fired for multiple and when your situation becomes a hot topic on the internet for a moment you delete your youtube channel detailing how shitty of a DD employee you are. The alt-right conspiracies, racism, and general bigotry is just the cherry on top of this guys shit sundae.

Shoutout to everyone calling for eye for an eye justice because you took this video at face value.

Edit: I forgot, in the original youtube video he fully doxxed her too. Fun!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Why are some people here saying this isn't termination worthy?

-She caused an uproar that made her employer look bad.
-She's proven herself to be untrustworthy and petty trying to grift over a $10 lunch.
-She pulled this shit WHILE ON THE JOB, which says she doesn't respect her position or employer enough to a least wait to do this scamming on her own time.

Any sane employer would terminate an employee that did this. Her being fired should be the least surprising thing about this.
I think people are simplifying things by saying nobody should lose a job over a sandwich missing the forest for the trees. That or they always side against corporations. The only thing I can think of. Obviously people that have never done gig work or they would have more sympathy having to deal with these people near daily.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
sounds like you're afraid of the truth about pfizer and BLM

OL2ySy0.png

0O7fZV9.png

Seriously though, fuck this guy. He deserved to be fired. You don't get fired for one report. You do get fired for multiple and when your situation becomes a hot topic on the internet for a moment you delete your youtube channel detailing how shitty of a DD employee you are. The alt-right conspiracies, racism, and general bigotry is just the cherry on top of this guys shit sundae.

Shoutout to everyone calling for eye for an eye justice because you took this video at face value.

Edit: I forgot, in the original youtube video he fully doxxed her too. Fun!
I mean it does seem like he was right in this case, she did steal the food and he did get fired.

He is a piece of shit too but how can you call anybody out here, for actually being right?!

If that is his youtube, fuck both of these trash people.

Last edited:

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Glad she lost her job. How despicable can you be to lie and then get that person fired? Even when he approached her she didn't seem fazed, like no care in the world.