• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2019/03/fire-pr...scenario-the-vanishing-from-suda-51-announced

Fire-Pro-Wrestling-World_03-22-19-600x800.jpg

Spike Chunsoft has announced Fire Pro Wrestling World downloadable content "The Vanishing," an additional scenario from Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special scenario writer Goichi "Suda 51" Suda.

EDIT: Gematsu has updated their story and it's not a remake, but a new story. The biggest thanks humanly possible to BronsonLee for updating the title.

EDIT 2: It's a sequel to Fire Pro Special! https://www.famitsu.com/news/201903/23173639.html

it would be 24 years old if Reiko Abataki gave birth to a child with Junsu. At the right age he was imagined that he was at a good age and "what if he had become a pro wrestler?"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hasney

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gematsu updated the story, not a remake, but a NEW Suda story.

With the title The Vanishing, I'm guessing it's a sequel to the Fire Pro Special one, but only personal speculation.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Forgive my ignorance on this series... So there's a campaign of sorts? And they have guest writers?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Forgive my ignorance on this series... So there's a campaign of sorts? And they have guest writers?
There's a main story mode where you learn about wrestling and the NJPW and there are several other campaigns from DLC

The series is known for having storylines because this is what wrestling is about, building stories rather than meaningless matches

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Woah, this is huge!

Looks like I have to buy this game now.

Edit: that's not meant as snark against the base game, it's just not my genre of interest normally.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They should make the protagonist's son fall in love with Ric Flair Dick Slender's daughter Charlotte Caroline

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Wow. I should finally get around to playing that first story. I hear it's damn dark for a wrestling game.

Oddly enough, I think the best original story in a wrestling game comes from WWE 2k19.

OP
OP
Hasney

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not usually guest writers, but Suda51 was just a normal writer for the game Fire Pro Wrestling Special. It was the second game he ever worked on.

Bionic-Boost

May 12, 2018
I really wasn't convinced on the DLC for this game but with Suda51 involvement, guess now I will have to bite the bullet.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
So the protagonist killed himself never knowing he had a son from his ex-girlfriend and his son is now participating in Champion's Road 2 that his father had participated in.

This is either going to be wholesome or extremely heartbreaking

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
There's a main story mode where you learn about wrestling and the NJPW and there are several other campaigns from DLC

The series is known for having storylines because this is what wrestling is about, building stories rather than meaningless matches

Not usually guest writers, but Suda51 was just a normal writer for the game Fire Pro Wrestling Special. It was the second game he ever worked on.

Very cool. I should check it out! Thanks!

OP
OP
Hasney

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Think this is translated from the Famitsu interview:

Suda says scenario writing is a very personal thing for him – so he's doing it at home, outside of office hours. That means release timing is still up in the air, but he hopes it'll be out some time this year.

Additionally, Suda has been talking with Spike Chunsoft producers about getting Fire Pro Wrestling Special on Steam – an idea that's not yet set in stone, but it does mean that we might finally see that infamous ending in English.

Tentatively titled Champion Road II, the new Fire Pro Wrestling World DLC follows up on those events now 25 years later. It casts you as the son of the main character from the original story, who's now a rookie pro wrestler, too. Suda tells us he's still working on the scenario writing, but the idea is to portray the internal workings of a pro wrestler, and all the drama that comes along with that – though he's too early in the process to comment on whether it's going to go as dark as the original story.

Yes, release the original on Steam!

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this will bring back bootleg real life wrestlers. I always loved that in FPW and wish there was more default real parody wrestlers on the roster.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any fan translation to play Fire Pro Wrestling Special story mode?