• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm starting to think we should shut down YouTube, Mixer and Twitch and stop giving platforms, attention and z-list fame to absolute losers. Make it a requirement to join that you're a responsible adult, with references from at least one woman you've dated for more than 6 months.

There are starting to be enough of these depressing threads to fill a forum channel of its own.

In all seriousness, it's good that people are exposed for wrongful behaviour and the victims get support but it's all just so sad. They don't have being a decent human-being on school syllabus' sadly.
I honestly believe giving just anyone a social media platform has caused more harm than good. There are far too many people who think the faces they see on screen are trustworthy and in turn there are disgusting amounts of people ready to take advantage of the situation. It's horrible.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like other people in the community that have dealt with him have to have known about his creepy behaviour and politics?
it's almost a certainty. mangs was not shy about who he was and the fact that it took less than a day for all this shit to come out shows you didn't even need to dig deep to show it. the stuff he's said with a mic in front of him has been rife with some truly vile shit that he's never apologized for and at best quietly kicked into a closet

truly makes you wonder why people continued to associate with him and why it took this long for him to be disavowed

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
He closed down his Twitter due to "all the negativity surrounding people being abused" and that he wants to "commend these brave people for telling their stories and I have nothing but respect and sympathy for each and every one of them" and that he actually quits due to being abused himself in the past and that all these stories reminds him of that happening.

These new revelations however, shine a whole different light on that particular situation.

What a mess you made Mangs. It's abhorrent.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Fuck. This hit close to home.

I was there that day at Anime North. To hear this shit happened behind the scenes disgusts me. I always loved Mangs' content, but this is just horrifying. To see even the FE community, a tight niche of content makers has skeletons in the closet is heartbreaking. The proof is fairly irreputable.

Edit: It seems Chaz, Ghast, Lucky Crit, and more have supported Gooseaphone at least.

Last edited:

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Mangs has always come across as an asshole and regularly made creepy remarks, so this isn't surprising at all.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He closed down his Twitter due to "all the negativity surrounding people being abused" and that he wants to "commend these brave people for telling their stories and I have nothing but respect and sympathy for each and every one of them" and that he actually quits due to being abused himself in the past and that all these stories reminds him of that happening.

These new revelations however, shine a whole different light on that particular situation.

What a mess you made Mangs. It's abhorrent.

The worst thing is that it isn't really surprising. Like that image about civilization isn't really surprising given his FE YouTuber video where he mentioned he didn't gel with a user because
He was an sjw

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I honestly believe giving just anyone a social media platform has caused more harm than good. There are far too many people who think the faces they see on screen are trustworthy and in turn there are disgusting amounts of people ready to take advantage of the situation. It's horrible.
On the other hand, social media has given these victims a platform to come forward on. It's a powerful double-edged sword with great benefits and dangers alike.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
On the other hand, social media has given these victims a platform to come forward on. It's a powerful double-edged sword with great benefits and dangers alike.
That's a valid point. Not like sexual harassment didn't exist before the internet. The only shred of hope I've seen these past few weeks is that many more people have gained the courage to come forward when seeing others post their stories.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal

God DAMN that editing is crisp. The only Mangs content I watched were some of his Unit Reviews since Mekkah provided a lot of good insight, and some of his FEH banner reveals as background noise when dishwashing and whatnot. Seeing some of the incredibly terrible moments from his LPs, such as this or his oh-so-creative homophobic bow name for Leon in Echoes, makes me glad I never watched any of them.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What a piece of shit.

Considering his creepy fucked up comment about a minor, I'll report his channel for child endangerment.

Oct 28, 2017
Least surprising thing, guy was always an asshole in the sort of way that you just knew would be shitty towards people in private. Sexual harassment is just expected to be honest from Mangs.

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i do know this guy, spent too much time in the fe community unfortunately. Hes also a boarderline neo nazi

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I'm not entirely surprised. He's pretty well known in the FE community and I've watched a few of his playthroughs because it used to be pretty hard to find decent quality ones of some of the older games, but his commentary was always fucking awful shit, like an adult stuck in his early 2000s high schooler phase, someone that never learned or doesn't care it's not ok to talk the way he does about women. He had some decent content but I always had to force myself past the dumb comments or jokes. Now knowing it went further though, fuck him.

FloofyMoofys

Aug 19, 2019
he was always in my reccomendeds, watched a video and it was such a major eyeroll Lol I think I recall him calling Odin from fates gay or smthn or just being homophobic cause of his outfit plus the way he talked abt female characters was gross. Deffo had the 4chan stink ❤️

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
this runs far deeper than we thought. jesus

Ecbi0lOXgAImHp-
The classic "I don't hate women, but I do spend my free time watching conspiracy theories about how they're evil."

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The classic "I don't hate women, but I do spend my free time watching conspiracy theories about how they're evil."

The classic "Before anyone yells 'misogyny' at me, all I'm saying is that women being empowered literally ruins civilizations"

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I think I told YouTube to not show me this guy's videos anymore after hearing some of the stuff he said in one. Glad the victims felt comfortable coming forward hopefully they can get all the support they need.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised about Mangs. I have even posted on era over a year ago that he's awful. And it's saddening that it's happened to actual victims as well rather then him just saying stupid/awful stuff on his channel.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Wow I can't believe I never knew he used racist and homophobic slurs in his videos as well. Feel gross for giving him even one view. Hope he gets fucked.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia

She's unsure if this led to anything further, but if it did, then I have no words. This is revolting enough already.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising. He always came off as a creep. Didn't he make a video rating the looks of Fire Emblem female characters?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has any of the usual youtube FEtubers who collaborate with Mangs coming to his defense? I always pegged most of them as simply tolerating his bullshit, especially the women he'd have in a video with him who were visibly/audibly uncomfortable with his perverted humor.

I'm not entirely surprised. He's pretty well known in the FE community and I've watched a few of his playthroughs because it used to be pretty hard to find decent quality ones of some of the older games, but his commentary was always fucking awful shit, like an adult stuck in his early 2000s high schooler phase, someone that never learned or doesn't care it's not ok to talk the way he does about women. He had some decent content but I always had to force myself past the dumb comments or jokes. Now knowing it went further though, fuck him.
Same boat here.

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
Has any of the usual youtube FEtubers who collaborate with Mangs coming to his defense? I always pegged most of them as simply tolerating his bullshit, especially the women he'd have in a video with him who were visibly/audibly uncomfortable with his perverted humor.

Fake Edit: And tweets like Chaz's prove my point!

Same boat here.

no one's really defended him at all besides some of his own fans immediately going on the 'forgiveness' train.

Mekkah was probably the one closest to him, and he seems to be more in shock than anything.

now trying to solicit nudes from a minor. god what a trainwreck

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I watched Mangs a lot when I was younger, but unsuscribed a long time ago for several reasons, including the fact he went too far with his jokes many times, so not surprised with this. Will have to read all of these accounts later. I remember watching a few of his videos featuring other women and he gave me such creepy vibes in some of them. The most recent thing I watched of his was parts of his 3 Houses LP and he seemed to have mellowed out, but I see that wasn't the case.

Wondering the effects of this in the FE community. He was very close with a lot of other FE youtubers, probably the huge majority.

Last edited:

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Same boat here.
I genuinely hope the likes of Mekkah and others who have collaborated with Mangs take this as a moment for reflection; it wasn't okay for Mangs to have used the r-word, n-word or any other slurs years ago, it isn't okay now, it will not be okay going forward, and they should have been condemned by them/they should have stopped collaborating with them a long time ago. If they're a friend of yours, you would want them to be a better person. If you're still friends with someone who acts like that after that, it speaks volumes as to what you're willing to tolerate (or in Mekkah's case, who you're willing to promote/expose your own audience to).

The indifference to how Mangs has acted in his videos is part of how they gained as large a platform as they did. And they used that platform to prey on women or, as the above case has noted, a girl.

EDIT: I also hope they take down any videos collaborating with them.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how Mekkah can be shocked at Mangs sexually harassing people. The guy was clearly a piece of garbage just from how he speaks, how is any of this stuff shocking at all. Sexual harassment through the internet is only one step further from what we see in his videos.

The racism isn't surprising either, I've only seen a few videos of his but it was clear he had a very odd definition of what could be defined as racist. Mangs could not comprehend how Ingrid could be seen as racist. I mean come on, her C support is the most hamfisted example of a racist individual. The only thing she didn't do is wear a white hood. To dismiss the entire point of that C support with people being sensitive and PC gone wild should have given people the tingles.

What I love about all of these sexual harassment/racism/rape/pedophilia/etc allegations happening in the gaming sphere are collaborators being shocked and speechless that garbage people are indeed garbage people. Gee, maybe you should listen to what the people you're hanging out with are saying for once.

Last edited:

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how Mekkah can be shocked at Mangs sexually harassing people. The guy was clearly a piece of garbage just from how he speaks, how is any of this stuff shocking at all. Sexual harassment through the internet is only one step further from what we see in his videos.

The racism isn't surprising either, the guy could not comprehend how Ingrid could be seen as racist. I mean come on, her C support is the most hamfisted example of a racist individual. The only thing she didn't do is wear a white hood.

What I love about all of these sexual harassment/racism/rape/pedophilia/etc allegations happening in the gaming sphere are collaborators being shocked and speechless that garbage people are indeed garbage people. Gee, maybe you should listen to what the people you're hanging out with are saying for once.

I frankly don't believe Mekkah's "shock," nor his statement. Half the videos on Mekkah's channel are collaborative with Mangs; Mangs is the reason Mekkah blew up.

When I, as someone who was only cursorily aware of Mangs and never watched his videos, knew he was a sleazebag, and knew he was both rampantly misogynistic as well as used racist/homophobic/ableist slurs frequently... there is a 0% chance that someone like Mekkah, who spends so much time hanging out with him, wasn't well aware and condoning.

Guess what, guys? People who are so verbally disgusting usually don't stop there. When they're as deep down the rabbit hole as Mangs is, this is almost inevitable. There's a reason no one is actually surprised that it's Mangs this came out about. The lesson is not to ignore -- and not to support -- festeringly toxic presences in your community.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
That's surprising. He seemed like the type of guy that would embrace the people that still supported him and would just continue on as if nothing happened. I hope his editor is ok. Hopefully she just deleted everything out of embarrassment. It can't be easy realizing you are just another person in a line of young women he hired to crush on.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I had subscribed to him and watched some of his videos. Mainly what got me interested in his channel was his videos on Advance Wars tier lists.

Suffice to say I hit that unsubscribe button last night. I didn't know all this other stuff about him, such as dropping the n-word and other things. I hadn't watched too many of his videos. Good bye and good riddance.

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
That's surprising. He seemed like the type of guy that would embrace the people that still supported him and would just continue on as if nothing happened. I hope his editor is ok. Hopefully she just deleted everything out of embarrassment. It can't be easy realizing you are just another person in a line of young women he hired to crush on.

the FE youtube community is small but very tightly knit, he'd never be able to carry on in any real capacity if he ignored this. sure, he'd find loyal supporters and all, but a ton of his content is based on collabs and other FE youtube folk

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, good statement. Now do actually get help, don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.