• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Okay, so I am remembering right. I figure she must be a guaranteed roster pick and she's the only one I'm sure about. I have no idea who is popular that isn't a lord or, uh, whatever you'd call Hilda, Dedue, and Hubert.
I believe Marianne/Lysithea and Felix are the most popular non-lord characters, though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure that Gatekeeper is going to end up being playable as well. He even made it as a playable unit in FE: Heroes.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Okay, so I am remembering right. I figure she must be a guaranteed roster pick and she's the only one I'm sure about. I have no idea who is popular that isn't a lord or, uh, whatever you'd call Hilda, Dedue, and Hubert.

I believe Marianne/Lysithea and Felix are the most popular non-lord characters, though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

After the lords, the following are mega-popular:

Felix

Marianne

Lysithea

Bernadetta

Sylvain

It's more of a toss-up after these characters.

But Felix/Marianne/Lysithea are the most popular with Bernie a little below them. Sylvain used to be super-popular but he did fall off in recent years.

Last edited:

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
What about Petra and Dorothea? Did they fell off? I was sure they were the most popular Black Eagles after Edelgard

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Aside from the lords and Hilda, who is in regardless of also being popular because she's a retainer, I think the top two characters from each house are Bernadetta, Dorothea, Felix, Ashe, Marianne, and Lysithea. The last two already won CYL in Heroes and the rest ranked highly the past couple of years. For the church I think it's literally just Rhea and Sothis who are decently popular.

Idk about Sylvain and Petra, they seem to still be popular but not as much as the above. The rest are all over the place.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
What about Petra and Dorothea? Did they fell off? I was sure they were the most popular Black Eagles after Edelgard
Aside from the lords and Hilda, who is in regardless of also being popular because she's a retainer, I think the top two characters from each house are Bernadetta, Dorothea, Felix, Ashe, Marianne, and Lysithea. The last two already won CYL in Heroes and the rest ranked highly the past couple of years. For the church I think it's literally just Rhea and Sothis who are decently popular.

Idk about Sylvain and Petra, they seem to still be popular but not as much as the above. The rest are all over the place.

Unfortunately, Petra was never popular in Japan. She's way more popularin the West. The people that did Three Houses Super Smash Bros. stage certainly though she was going to end up popular though but she never took off.

It was Bernadetta that was overwhelmingly-popular in Black Eagles after Edelgard.

Jun 2, 2019
I admit I got hyped watching this trailer.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is one of my favorite Switch games and my favorite Fire Emblem of the ones I have played since it at least tried to tell an interesting story with interesting characters for once, so more content is welcome.

I actually thought Three Houses would make a good Musou game when I was playing some of the large scale battles with punished Dimitri slaying waves of enemies while rushing towards Edelgard. When Age of Calamity was announced, part of me hoped Three Houses would be next.

And here we are now!

So can we expect every single character to be playable? Personally I don't think so, unless they are all clones like in the first Warriors game. And even if there are clones, I expect some cuts since there are like +60 named characters more or less.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Hubert. I wasn't sure if he would make it in a Warriors sequel since he didn't do well in CYL compared to other male TH characters, but I like him. Hopefully he will be playable.

Also please GIVE ME PLAYABLE JERITZA! He would make too much sense in a game like this (he would be the Lu Bu equivalent). Please, I want to play as the dark edgy empire with Edelgard, Hubert and Death Knight!

And Gatekeeper should be playable no matter what. Maybe as a secret character that you can unlock or something, but do it! He is too popular not to include him!

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Unfortunately, Petra was never popular in Japan. She's way more popularin the West. The people that did Three Houses Super Smash Bros. stage certainly though she was going to end up popular though but she never took off.

It was Bernadetta that was overwhelmingly-popular in Black Eagles after Edelgard.
5de.png

Petra deserved better smh.

On the other hand I don't get Bernadetta's popularity. I mean, I do, but I don't like it.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Last edited:

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
If they take the clone route, then maybe there will be everyone (from the three classes at least).

Wonder how they'll manage DLC though. Characters from other FE titles? Cindered Shadows?

I'm pessimistic but still curious NGL.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Guess i need to read a plot synopsis of three houses then(I still have awakening in my backlog and I'm not buying another FE till I finish that).

On the plus side at least the odds of seeing every weapon/class in 3H repped in the roster is high. Wonder if they'll include a class change mechanic and have some clones as a result

If you're not feeling Awakening, I'd recommend just skipping. It was a good swan song of a game when it released as the series' last hurrah but 3 Houses, despite my faults with it, is better in my opinion.

Still ultimately up to you. That's a lot of game to get through before the Musou release lol so a plot synopsis might be necessary.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this one has changes to the story even before the siege of Garreg Mach.

Maybe Jeralt doesn't die, meaning Byleth never falls in Solon' strap and doesn't need to fuse with Sothis? I'm curious they showed him, since he's there to just fulfill the old FE parent tradition. A playable Jeralt would be great

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If you're not feeling Awakening, I'd recommend just skipping. It was a good swan song of a game when it released as the series' last hurrah but 3 Houses, despite my faults with it, is better in my opinion.

Still ultimately up to you. That's a lot of game to get through before the Musou release lol so a plot synopsis might be necessary.
Yeah even if I gave into 3 houses I'd just aim for one route. Probably Edelgard

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Roster guess, using 25 as the baseline -

Unaffiliated/Church:
Byleth
Sothis
Rhea
Catherine
Gatekeeper

Wub Wub Underground:
Kronya
New OC
Nemesis
Thales
Solon

Eagles:
Edelgard
Hubert
Bernadetta
Dorothea
Ferdinand

Lions:
Dimitri
Dedue
Felix
Ashe
Ingrid

Deer:
Claude
Hilda
Marianne
Lysithea
Raphael

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Unaffiliated/Church:
Byleth
Sothis
Rhea
Catherine
Gatekeeper

Wub Wub Underground:
Kronya
New OC
Nemesis
Thales
Solon

Eagles:
Edelgard
Hubert
Bernadetta
Dorothea
Ferdinand

Lions:
Dimitri
Dedue
Felix
Ashe
Ingrid

Deer:
Claude
Hilda
Marianne
Lysithea
Raphael
Sothis and Gatekeeper over Shamir and Seteth? Ehhhhhh

Rest of the list looks likely though.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017

Unaffiliated/Church:
Byleth
Sothis
Rhea
Catherine
Gatekeeper

Wub Wub Underground:
Kronya
New OC
Nemesis
Thales
Solon

Eagles:
Edelgard
Hubert
Bernadetta
Dorothea
Ferdinand

Lions:
Dimitri
Dedue
Felix
Ashe
Ingrid

Deer:
Claude
Hilda
Marianne
Lysithea
Raphael
I'm 100% certain everyone with a relic will be playable, so you're at least missing lady boy.

Ane given the focus on 3H I'm almost convinced they'll go the clone route and every house student will be included.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Getting everyone in is easy if you embrace clones, which would be useful if there is a route split.
  1. Byleth
  2. Edelgard
  3. Dimitri
  4. Claude
  5. Hubert
  6. Dedue
    • Gilbert if you simply must
  7. Hilda
  8. Cavalier
    • Ferdinand
    • Sylvain
    • Lorenz
    • Jeralt??
  9. Archer
    • Ashe
    • Ignatz
    • Shamir
  10. Swordmaster
    • Petra
    • Felix
    • Catherine
  11. War Master
    • Caspar
    • Raphael
    • Alois
  12. Gremory
    • Dorothea
    • Annette
    • Lysithea
  13. Bishop
    • Linhardt
    • Flayn
  14. Holy Knight
    • Mercedes
    • Marianne
  15. Wyvern Lord
    • Seteth
    • Cyril
  16. Ingrid (Peg Knight)
  17. Bow Knight
    • Bernadetta
    • Leonie
  18. Trickster
    • Yuri
    • Anna
    • Manuela lol
  19. Constance
  20. Hapi
  21. Hannamen
  22. Balthus
  23. Jeritza
  24. Rhea
  25. Monica
  26. Purple OC
You can expand or consolidate the classes to preference, but it works

Last edited:

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see Lorenz and Sylvain not getting in since they have relics. Honestly I wish they go the Hyrule Warriors route and make all of them unique, don't care if that means we get a smaller roster.

Also do what 3Houses didn't do and make Rhea playable.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Sothis and Gatekeeper over Shamir and Seteth? Ehhhhhh

Rest of the list looks likely though.
Sothis is getting in just looking at the artwork.

Gatekeeper is getting in because he won CYL last year and they pay attention to that. Shamir was my 6th place.

I'm 100% certain everyone with a relic will be playable, so you're at least missing lady boy.

Ane given the focus on 3H I'm almost convinced they'll go the clone route and every house student will be included.
Lorenz has a relic too.

The last one launched with 25 characters even counting clones, IIRC. So I doubt everyone is making it in right out of the box

and the most anti-classism house
False

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Rather than 25, I'll take a stab at guessing 24 base roster characters without regard to class or moveset.

Unaffiliated/Church:
Byleth
Jeralt
Rhea
Seteth
Catherine
Shamir

Black Eagles:
Edelgard
Hubert
Bernadetta
Petra
Ferdinand
Dorothea

Blue Lions:
Dimitri
Dedue
Felix
Sylvain
Mercedes
Annette

Golden Deer:
Claude
Hilda
Lysithea
Marianne
Raphael
Lorenz

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
If they do manage to get all of the Three Houses characters in, it would be pretty fun (and cheap) to just reuse the models from Warriors 1 and get the cast from the other games in. They could even have a crossover story mode or some such.

I just want Bernie, Petra, and Dorothea and I'll be happy. If they're in + Edelgard I can't imagine I'd be using anyone else when I don't have to.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Getting everyone in is easy if you embrace clones, which would be useful if there is a route split.
  1. Byleth
  2. Edelgard
  3. Dimitri
  4. Claude
  5. Hubert
  6. Dedue
    • Gilbert if you simply must
  7. Hilda
  8. Cavalier
    • Ferdinand
    • Sylvain
    • Lorenz
    • Jeralt??
  9. Archer
    • Ashe
    • Ignatz
    • Shamir
  10. Swordmaster
    • Petra
    • Felix
    • Catherine
  11. War Master
    • Caspar
    • Raphael
    • Alois
  12. Gremory
    • Dorothea
    • Annette
    • Lysithea
  13. Bishop
    • Linhardt
    • Flayn
  14. Holy Knight
    • Mercedes
    • Marianne
  15. Wyvern Lord
    • Seteth
    • Cyril
  16. Ingrid (Peg Knight)
  17. Bow Knight
    • Bernadetta
    • Leonie
  18. Trickster
    • Yuri
    • Anna
    • Manuela lol
  19. Constance
  20. Hapi
  21. Hannamen
  22. Balthus
  23. Jeritza
  24. Rhea
  25. Monica
  26. Purple OC
You can expand or consolidate the classes to preference, but it works
I really hope they do this. Clones can be a bummer, but it makes sense for a series like this that's so inherently class based.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Lorenz and Sylvain not getting in since they have relics. Honestly I wish they go the Hyrule Warriors route and make all of them unique, don't care if that means we get a smaller roster.

Also do what 3Houses didn't do and make Rhea playable.

Tiki is in FE:Warriors and has a transformation gauge, so I imagine it'll be possible, even if she's a late-game/'secret' or hard-to-unlock character.

Thinking on the list, it's kind of wild that Ingrid would be the only pegasus knight.

I don't imagine we play any of the underground save maaaaabye Monica/Kronya. I can't imagine we play as Thales or Solon, I'd more easily see Shamir/Seteth sweep into those spots (Especially as Seteth opens up another flying unit as a wyvern lord)

I don't see the DLC Ashen Wolves getting unique movesets over the base game characters (or honestly, really getting any significant roles), but we'll have to wait and see.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I think if Rhea is playable, it will exclusively be as The Immaculate One, similar to the Divine Beast battles in Age of Calamity.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
You know what I didn't realize before is that there's a pretty good chance we'll get a KT-Styled, Buttrock Flavored, rendition of God Shattering Star.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I think if Rhea is playable, it will exclusively be as The Immaculate One, similar to the Divine Beast battles in Age of Calamity.
Not necessarily. If Byleth sticks to being a normal sword user in this one, they could have Rhea take the sword/magic hybrid role, since she used those two as an NPC.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
She is. But you know popularity polls…
I liked Shamir and Catherine more than most of the house members to be honest, mostly as they offered a bit more variety whereas the others were limited in their relationships with each other and the MC by all being students of a similar age. It's not like I really disliked anyone though. TH has one of the stronger FE casts for me.

Jun 2, 2019
First off, even though I expect most characters (like the students) to show up as NPCs in the story, I don't think everybody will be playable since there are just too many characters and some of them would play too similar to each other (unless there are clones like in the first Warriors game, I guess) and also there are some characters who are way more popular than others, so they would take priority.

With that said, these are my predictions:

– Byleth (female default, male alt)

Black Eagles

– Edelgard (confirmed)

– Hubert (he is shown in the foreground alongside Edelgard and got a new design like the Lords, in addition to playing an important role as Edelgard's second in command, so of course he will be playable)

– Bernadetta (as much as it pains me to admit it, she is clearly the most popular Black Eagles student besides Edelgard. I mean, she just got third place once again in CYL6, so I definitely expect her to be playable)

– Dorothea/Petra (if we get someone else besides Bernadetta, it will be either Dorothea or Petra. The former is the more popular of the two, judging by the fact that she ranked higher in CYL6, but the latter would be easier to translate into gameplay since she's a warrior, not a singer. I just want Petra dammit! I want her with Lyn's moveset!)

Blue Lions

– Dimitri (confirmed)

– Dedue (I'm not entirely sure about him to be honest, since he's not very popular compared to other characters, but I guess it would feel wrong to have Hubert and Hilda but not Dedue for some reason)

– Felix (he is by far the most popular male character in the game after Dimitri and Claude. He just got 3rd place like Bernadetta in CYL6, so of course he'll be playable here)

– Ingrid (Yeah, that's right, Ingrid. She may not be one of the most popular female characters in the game, but she's the only canon pegasus knight, so I'm sure she'll be playable. Also I doubt they would make Blue Lions male only)

Golden Deer

– Claude (confirmed)

– Hilda (we can see her protecting Claude from Dimitri's attack in the trailer. If Hubert is playable, she will be too)

– Lysithea (most popular female character in the game besides Edelgard, perhaps rivaled only by Marianne. She literally won CYL alongside the Lords when Three Houses came out, so of course she will be playable)

– Marianne (most popular female character besides Edelgard and Lysithea, she literally won the next CYL after them. I'm sure she will be playable. She may be also the reason why we may get four students per house instead of three: they most likely want to make both Lysithea and Marianne playable, but it would feel wrong for the Golden Deer to have more playable characters than everybody else)

Church/Misc.

– Seteth (he's like the second-in-command of the Church and the "Lord" of the route where you reject Edelgard, as well as being the only canon wyvern rider other than Claude, whose moveset would be very different from his. We need some flyers, so he gets in)

– Catherine (she is like the strongest fighter in the Church. She is made for this game, so she should be playable)

– Shamir (she's cool. If Catherine is playable, so will she)

– Gatekeeper (you know he is coming. The madman literally won the next CYL after the Lords. He deserves to become the badass he was always meant to be!)

– Jeritza (the Death Knight would feel right at home in this game. He would be the Lu Bu equivalent)

Well, that's it. 18 characters, just like Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Since this game is somewhat similar to it, I guess the initial roster would be too.

We basically get a full squad of 4 characters per House/Church + Byleth and Jeritza as the badass lone wolf.

The characters that I haven't mentioned still could show up as non-playable NPCs, just like Judith and Randolph, who we can see in the trailer fighting against Edelgard and Dimitri. Also we can see Rhea as The Inmaculate One. Hopefully she will be playable in her human form (I want to punch people as her), but she might just be a boss fight or a huge character for a special mode like Ganon in Hyrule Warriors.

Jeralt will probably die again lol.

Monica/Kronya and the purple-haired OC will just be enemy NPCs.

No Anna or Ashen Wolves. I don't feel they are very popular in this game. Perhaps as DLC again?

Last edited:

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I feel very neutral towards that title. Age of Calamity disappointed me tremendously because of its atrocious performance, and I grew tired of Musou games. I will certainly skip this one for these reasons. And, well, this probably being a golden route gives me a sentiment of déjà-vu.
I will definitely listen to the OST though, and Female Byleth being front and center is appreciated.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
First off, even though I expect most characters (like the students) to show up as NPCs in the story, I don't think everybody will be playable since there are just too many characters and some of them would play too similar to each other (unless there are clones like in the first Warriors game, I guess) and also there are some characters who are way more popular than others, so they would take priority.

With that said, these are my predictions:

– Byleth (female default, male alt)

Black Eagles

– Edelgard (confirmed)

– Hubert (he is shown in the foreground alongside Edelgard and got a new design like the Lords, in addition to playing an important role as Edelgard's second in command, so of course he will be playable)

– Bernadetta (as much as it pains me to admit it, she is clearly the most popular Black Eagles student besides Edelgard. I mean, she just got third place once again in CYL6, so I definitely expect her to be playable)

– Dorothea/Petra (if we get someone else besides Bernadetta, it will be either Dorothea or Petra. The former is the more popular of the two, judging by the fact that she ranked higher in CYL6, but the latter would be easier to translate into gameplay since she's a warrior, not a singer. I just want Petra dammit! I want her with Lyn's moveset!)

Blue Lions

– Dimitri (confirmed)

– Dedue (I'm not entirely sure about him to be honest, since he's not very popular compared to other characters, but I guess it would feel wrong to have Hubert and Hilda but not Dedue for some reason)

– Felix (he is by far the most popular male character in the game after Dimitri and Claude. He just got 3rd place like Bernadetta in CYL6, so of course he'll be playable here)

– Ingrid (Yeah, that's it, Ingrid. She may not be one of the most popular female characters in the game, but she's the only canon pegasus knight, so I'm sure she'll be playable. Also I doubt they would make Blue Lions male only)

Golden Deer

– Claude (confirmed)

– Hilda (we can see her protecting Claude from Dimitri's attack in the trailer. If Hubert is playable, she will be too)

– Lysithea (most popular female character in the game besides Edelgard, perhaps rivaled only by Marianne. She literally won CYL alongside the Lords when Three Houses came out, so of course she will be playable)

– Marianne (most popular female character besides Edelgard and Lysithea, she literally won the next CYL after them. I'm sure she will be playable. She is also the reason why we may get four students per house instead of three: they most likely want to make both Lysithea and Marianne playable, but it would feel wrong for the Golden Deer to have more playable characters than everybody else)

Church/Misc.

– Seteth (he's like the second-in-command of the Church and the "Lord" of the route where you reject Edelgard, as well as being the only canon wyvern rider other than Claude, whose moveset would be very different from his. We need some flyers, so he gets in)

– Catherine (she is like the strongest fighter in the Church. She is made for this game, so she should be playable)

– Shamir (she's cool. If Catherine is playable, so will she)

– Gatekeeper (you know he is coming. The madman literally won the next CYL after the Lords. He deserves to become the badass he was always meant to be!)

– Jeritza (the Death Knight would feel right at home in this game. He would be the Lu Bu equivalent)

Well, that's it. 18 characters, just like Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. Since this game is somewhat similar to it, I guess the initial roster would be too.

The characters that I haven't mentioned still could show up as non-playable NPCs, just like Judith and Randolph, who we can see in the trailer fighting against Edelgard and Dimitri. Also we can see Rhea as The Inmaculate One, but she might just be a boss fight.

Jeralt will probably die again lol.

Monica/Kronya and the purple-haired OC will be enemy NPCs.

No Anna or Ashen Wolves. I don't feel they are very popular in this game. Perhaps as DLC again?
Anna can be reused full sale from FEW1 so don't rule her out.

Also I wouldn't rule out clones either as if they included a class change mechanic it'd be loyal to the original games that the non major characters have standardized moves in their combat, and they do have all the character assets already, heck I'd be kinda disappointed if they didnt

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly Samurai Warriors 5 gives everyone the ability to equip any weapon, but their preferences give some changes to their movements, so I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route considering everyone can also use any weapons as well in 3H.

Though I wouldn't put it past them to give unique sets to the headliners, it does make me wonder how they would approach the DLC because under the given circumstances, they could make everyone playable.

TheWill

Sep 24, 2018
– Marianne (most popular female character besides Edelgard and Lysithea, she literally won the next CYL after them. I'm sure she will be playable. She may be also the reason why we may get four students per house instead of three: they most likely want to make both Lysithea and Marianne playable, but it would feel wrong for the Golden Deer to have more playable characters than everybody else)

Marianne isn't the most popular after Edelgard and Lysithea. She lost to Lysithea, Bernadetta, Female Byleth and Dorothea in CYL4 which is a much more accurate gauge since it was a few months after the release of the game and most characters weren't added to the game at that point (something that has been consistently shown to effect a characters votes, only some lords being the exception).

Marianne only won the following year since the fanbase 'wanted to get her into the game' and felt she was ignored since literally everyone else was not only added, some even got a seasonal costume as well. CYL hasn't been an accurate representation of popularity for a few years now.

Going by your logic, you're also saying Gatekeeper is the second most popular character in the game? Because his combined score was 3k higher than Dimitri's.