• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I still dont understand why they used Male Byleth for TH marketing. He isnt even a particularly good looking character, he is just... there.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I still dont understand why they used Male Byleth for TH marketing. He isnt even a particularly good looking character, he is just... there.

Because he was male and that's usually default marketing for most non-girly males. The female character also looks hideous, she just has boobs and thighs which turned out to be popular long-term.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
If Emily is to be believed about the near future of FE(and with her track record I do believe), I'm satisfied with this as a stopgap and a way for 3H to get a non-canon happy ending ala AOC
Is this about her saying that there's three FE games in development? The mainline made with Gust, the remake, and this?

Aug 13, 2019
Can't say I'm fond of the idea of a golden route that brings everyone together, but I'll take it to get more Claude. Edelgard's redesign is kinda meh. I really like the evil queen thing she had going on in Three Houses. This new design is boring in comparison.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
she just has boobs and thighs.

Which is the kind of thing you put in marketing when your target audience is people that use anime avatars. Just ask xenoblade

But seriously, I acually like F!Byleth more, and to me it feels she suits the plot much better than M!Byleth.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Is this about her saying that there's three FE games in development? The mainline made with Gust, the remake, and this?
Yeah she is saying all of them are really far in development/nearing completion. So that leaves either a remake or a new game as early as late this year/early next year. Both of which have significant IS involvement(The remake is full IS and the new game is IS with assistance from Gust)

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
It's probably the same writers from Three Houses. They also wrote Fire Emblem Warriors, but this time there's no crossover stuff, just their own characters. It probably won't be that great because it's almost certainly going to be some kind of Golden Route, which goes against the basic concept of Three Houses, but it's still just Three Houses' writers doing more Three Houses rather than some new team.
We'll see. At this point I'm convinced it's part of the Muso meta-series identity to have a bad plot every time.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Guess i need to read a plot synopsis of three houses then(I still have awakening in my backlog and I'm not buying another FE till I finish that).

On the plus side at least the odds of seeing every weapon/class in 3H repped in the roster is high. Wonder if they'll include a class change mechanic and have some clones as a result

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Why are ppl saying "I am tired of Three Houses", like have we gotten more games besides you know...Three Houses? If so do let me know what they are so I can play them.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Why are ppl saying "I am tired of Three Houses", like have we gotten more games besides you know...Three Houses? If so do let me know what they are so I can play them.

Three Houses characters have taken over FE:Heroes, they got new character releases pretty often, won CYL last year and now they will get the spotlight once more with their new designs.
If you dont follow any of that, then yes, its not a problem.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Given new insider info I'm going with we'll get FE18 in November (E3 reveal) and a remake spring/summer 2023.

I'm also wondering if BOTW2 will be delayed into 2023 after all given how many games are already announced for this year.

Aveyn Knight

Nov 29, 2017
UK

Yeah she is saying all of them are really far in development/nearing completion. So that leaves either a remake or a new game as early as late this year/early next year. Both of which have significant IS involvement(The remake is full IS and the new game is IS with assistance from Gust)

Been a bit busy, but can I ask where the source of this is? Is it from a podcast or something?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I literally screeched when I saw this in the Direct last night. Loved the first game and Three Houses, was hoping we'd get a sequel (to either, really).

I'm curious how much of the TH cast will be playable, and if they'll go the route of FEW1 by having a bunch of people share the same move set or not. I wanna play as all my Black Eagles.

I literally screeched when I saw this in the Direct last night. Loved the first game and Three Houses, was hoping we'd get a sequel (to either, really).

I'm curious how much of the TH cast will be playable, and if they'll go the route of FEW1 by having a bunch of people share the same move set or not. I wanna play as all my Black Eagles.

Its most likely gonna be:
- Byleth
- Edelagard
- Claude
- Dimitri
- Hubert
- Dedue
- Hilda

Those are set in stone imo.

Now for the Houses, my guesses starting with Blue Lions:
- Felix
- Slyvain
- Ingrid
- Annette

Black Eagles:
- Bernie
- Petra
- Casper
- Ferdinand

Golden Deer:
- Lysithea
- Leonie
- Lorenz
- Rapheal

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
- Byleth
- Edelagard
- Claude
- Dimitri
- Hubert
- Dedue
- Hilda

- Felix
- Slyvain
- Ingrid
- Annette

Black Eagles:
- Bernie
- Petra
- Casper
- Dorothea

Golden Deer:
- Lysithea
- Leonie
- Lorenz
- Rapheal

I always forget Caspar existed. Swap him for Lindhart and I'm happy.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Which is the kind of thing you put in marketing when your target audience is people that use anime avatars. Just ask xenoblade

But seriously, I acually like F!Byleth more, and to me it feels she suits the plot much better than M!Byleth.
I always preferred Female Byleth which I played as them for most of my playthroughs.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
This is what Emily said Verbatim if you guys are curious:

There are three FE games in development: Fire Emblem mainline game (FE18), Fire Emblem remake, and Fire Emblem spinoff (Warriors game announced today).

And all 3 are pretty far into development.

Mainline FE game (the one that isn't a remake) is co-developed by Intelligent Systems and Gust. Gust is providing Intelligent Systems with assistance on the visual build up on that game.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017

There are three FE games in development: Fire Emblem mainline game (FE18), Fire Emblem remake, and Fire Emblem spinoff (Warriors game announced today).

Mainline FE game (the one that isn't a remake) is co-developed by Intelligent Systems and Gust. Gust is providing Intelligent Systems with assistance on the visual build up on that game.
Honestly this makes me wonder if they'll release the remake of FE18 first. And whether one of them will drop by the end of this year.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
- Byleth
- Edelagard
- Claude
- Dimitri
- Hubert
- Dedue
- Hilda

- Felix
- Slyvain
- Ingrid
- Annette

Black Eagles:
- Bernie
- Petra
- Casper
- Dorothea

Golden Deer:
- Lysithea
- Leonie
- Lorenz
- Rapheal

Honestly, I would not bet on more than 4 or 5 characters per house max in the base roster. I'd probably break it down:

Black Eagles:
Edelgard
Hubert
Dorothea
Bernadetta

Blue Lions:
Dimitri
Dedue
Felix
Mercedes

Golden Deer:
Claude
Hilda
Lysithea
Raphael

Church/Staff:
Rhea
Shamir
Seteth

They're definitely going to hold back on some fan favorites for the DLC.

Aveyn Knight

Nov 29, 2017
UK
It was from a Famiboards (the Nintendo offshoot from ERA) post that she made. I can try to find it later.

Thanks!

Hmm, those are bold claims. That's all I can say.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I would not bet on more than 4 or 5 characters per house max in the base roster. I'd probably break it down:

Black Eagles:
Edelgard
Hubert
Dorothea
Bernadetta

Blue Lions:
Dimitri
Dedue
Felix
Mercedes

Golden Deer:
Claude
Hilda
Lysithea
Raphael

Church/Staff:
Rhea
Shamir
Seteth

I bet they all are going to be there as NPCs including for deploying in story battles, but most of them unplayable until dlc. similar to Owain in the first FE Warriors, he was there early, but unusable.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain

I don't even own a Switch, my only real exposure to Three Houses was a playthrough, and I am TIRED as fuck of Three Houses. I hate the character designs and a lot of general game design decisions with the game. I want to see a new FE game already, hell, just a remake, even if I don't get to play it. This announcement was a major blow to me, honestly.

For people who are actually more rational than me and have played Three Houses, it's a massive...what? 50-60 hour SRPG that encouraged you to beat it 3-4 times to get the full story? I totally understand why people who adore the game could get tired of that universe, let alone the people who did not like it as much.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Three Houses characters have taken over FE:Heroes, they got new character releases pretty often, won CYL last year and now they will get the spotlight once more with their new designs.
If you dont follow any of that, then yes, its not a problem.
I do follow that and it's still not a problem. Recency will always dominate Fire Emblem Heroes. Especially in CYL now that most Lords the non-Japanese audience is familiar with have won. Assuming that a new FE or remake is released in 2023, I can absolutely guarantee that the following CYL will be dominated by that game's cast.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to know what crazy backroom deals lead to this bizarre reality where there's a Musou game for EVERYTHING.
My big thing is the spin-offs usually look better artistically than the actual main games lately which is so weird to me. Like I'm playing the PC version of Dynasty Warriors 9 empires and it's kind of ugly. But these switch games look fine especially when running through an emulator.

I mean the FPS drops are kind of sucky but I played warriors games since PS2 days so that's nothing new. I was fine with these games when there were like 15 enemy troops max on screen at a time.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I do follow that and it's still not a problem. Recency will always dominate Fire Emblem Heroes. Especially in CYL now that most Lords the non-Japanese audience is familiar with have won. Assuming that a new FE or remake is released in 2023, I can absolutely guarantee that the following CYL will be dominated by that game's cast.
Agreed 100%. I remember the first year of FEH being absolutely dominated by Awakening and Fates, it was pretty hilariously lopsided. They've been downright modest with Three Houses, in comparison.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Black Eagles:
Edelgard
Hubert
Dorothea
Bernadetta

Blue Lions:
Dimitri
Dedue
Felix
Mercedes

Golden Deer:
Claude
Hilda
Lysithea
Raphael

Church/Staff:
Rhea
Shamir
Seteth

I think it'll be on the bigger side since they are reusing stuff directly from 3 houses plus if they do most of the classes with class changes you could have some be relative clones too

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I loved 3 Houses but I kinda felt nothing when I first saw this... I was just hoping for either a brand new FE or a remake... anything with actual FE gameplay really. The warriors style doesn't appeal to me all that much. And I always feel unsure about how much story that type of game will have.

I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually though lol.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
So excited for this, Three Houses had consumed me at launch. I'm so worried about that framerate though. It was so bad that I lost a lot of interest in age of calamity. I hope we can at least get a stable 30 FPS with this, cause I want to love this.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
So excited for this, Three Houses had consumed me at launch. I'm so worried about that framerate though. It was so bad that I lost a lot of interest in age of calamity. I hope we can at least get a stable 30 FPS with this, cause I want to love this.
This looks a lot more linear compared to Age of Calamity so I'm hoping it's runs better

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
It's so sad that the dream route is relegated to a fucking musou...

Put 650 hours into 3H and couldn't be less interested in playing this.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Pass, unfortunately. Not a Warriors fan.

Nah. I feel like this game is the answer to people wanting a Three Houses sequel.

If this game sells like hot cakes. There will be a three houses sequel although there's a good chance that it'd be a sequel to Three Hopes if it's the Golden Route with no multiple endings. It could be either a musou sequel or an FE sequel.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017

I'm curious how Nintendo will release and market all three games in this case. Judging by it being a headlining reveal they're treating the Warriors game like a somewhat significant release. Even if all games are far into development, I'm having trouble picturing how they'll release them all by the end of 2023, unless they want to do new game and remake in the same year. Then again, they released BDSP and Legends Arceus within almost two months of each other, so weirder things have happened.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Guess i need to read a plot synopsis of three houses then(I still have awakening in my backlog and I'm not buying another FE till I finish that).

On the plus side at least the odds of seeing every weapon/class in 3H repped in the roster is high. Wonder if they'll include a class change mechanic and have some clones as a result

Mandos! My old MUA3 friend. Nice to see you again. That out of the way, FE3H is in my top 5 games of all time (and I'd never played GE before 3 House's. Strat Rpgs for sure but never FE) I've played it 3 full times. To see each story and I started another play through a couple weeks back. It's just that much fun.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Mandos! My old MUA3 friend. Nice to see you again. That out of the way, FE3H is in my top 5 games of all time (and I'd never played GE before 3 House's. Strat Rpgs for sure but never FE) I've played it 3 full times. To see each story and I started another play through a couple weeks back. It's just that much fun.
I've got indivisible paralysis on srpgs. I've gotten a bit better(beat SRW X and V in the last half a year) but I've had FEA on the backlog forever

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I'm curious how Nintendo will release and market all three games in this case. Judging by it being a headlining reveal they're treating the Warriors game like a somewhat significant release. Even if all games are far into development, I'm having trouble picturing how they'll release them all by the end of 2023, unless they want to do new game and remake in the same year. Then again, they released BDSP and Legends Arceus within almost two months of each other, so weirder things have happened.
I suspect its more likely that we get a new FE(either the remake or the new game) as 2nd half release this year, especially since I think it wouldn't overlap with the musou that much. Maybe in December or October. I think at latest we'll see a traditional FE game by March 2023

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019

Ok, take this with a grain of salt, but this account, which was created 3 days ago, literally leaked the entire direct(most of it) a couple days before it aired. Obviously it could still be fake, but he is saying that new FE is coming 2nd half of this year. Regardless of whether or not this is a real leaker or not I think 2nd half for a new FE makes sense

Aug 13, 2019
- Byleth
- Edelagard
- Claude
- Dimitri
- Hubert
- Dedue
- Hilda

- Felix
- Slyvain
- Ingrid
- Annette

Black Eagles:
- Bernie
- Petra
- Casper
- Ferdinand

Golden Deer:
- Lysithea
- Leonie
- Lorenz
- Rapheal

Isn't Marianne also very popular? I feel like I remember people making a really big deal about her in FE:Heroes or something.