• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I completely forgot that Monica was in fact a real person at some point. I think I forgot because you never actually see her outside of her being Kronya in disguise.
I wonder if it's the same for all TWSITD, and how long Arundel and Cornelia especially have not been themselves

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't, and really don't have the drive to play the other two. Can you sum them up for me? I played Black Eagles.

Also...

Do they explain in the demo somewhere how Monica and Kronya are different people? They obviously imply the Empire was in cahoots with both of them, but I thought it was really weird when Kronya showed up on the mission to "rescue" Monica.

Did you play black eagles edelgard route?

Mostly from golden deer and the dlc we know that.

Sothis, the fell star came from possibly space, put at end all the sithers wars (they were technologically advanced to modern times) and restored the land and went to rest (like Byleth rested for 5 years after being wounded in the attack to the monastery)

Nemesis sneaked into her tomb, killed Sothis, made a sword out of her bones, got the crest of flames from her blood and massacred her children and made more weapons out of the bodies of those massacred and gave the crests to 12 other warriors, the elites.

Rhea, who survived the massacre, helped found the Adrestrian Empire and gave her blood to the first emperor, took the name Serios, and led adrestia to hunt down the elites and nemesis. They pardoned the families of the elites, gave them positions of power and created the church with the myth that Sothis was a god and she gifted the crests and weapons to the elites.

(This is also what Rhea talks about when facing Edelgard. You humans betrayed me and my mother! It refers to those events back then.)

In golden deer, after killing edelgard, you get a letter from hubert were he gives you the intel of the sithers, Claude confronts Rhea and she tells the whole story. They go find the sithers, Rhea nearly sacrifices herself for the party and finallly you face Nemesis and the 12 elites resurrected.

They paint Rhea as someome who is trying to stop the whole thing from happening again. Specially the hunt of her and the few surviving nabeteans (descendants of sothis). After playing all routes, it feels like if they all had sat to talk at ch1, the whole thing could have been avoided and we would have gotten a golden ending.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it's the same for all TWSITD, and how long Arundel and Cornelia especially have not been themselves
its implied that the real Arundel is the one who took Edelgard from the Empire and at some point while they were in the kingdom he got replaced by Thales who brought Edelgard back.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
IIRC they said Cornelia changed shortly after she cured the plague that was ailing Fhirdiad around 20 years ago, so I imagine it was relatively recently that Cornelia was slithered

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Did you play black eagles edelgard route?

Mostly from golden deer and the dlc we know that.

Sothis, the fell star came from possibly space, put at end all the sithers wars (they were technologically advanced to modern times) and restored the land and went to rest (like Byleth rested for 5 years after being wounded in the attack to the monastery)

Nemesis sneaked into her tomb, killed Sothis, made a sword out of her bones, got the crest of flames from her blood and massacred her children and made more weapons out of the bodies of those massacred and gave the crests to 12 other warriors, the elites.

Rhea, who survived the massacre, helped found the Adrestrian Empire and gave her blood to the first emperor, took the name Serios, and led adrestia to hunt down the elites and nemesis. They pardoned the families of the elites, gave them positions of power and created the church with the myth that Sothis was a god and she gifted the crests and weapons to the elites.

(This is also what Rhea talks about when facing Edelgard. You humans betrayed me and my mother! It refers to those events back then.)

In golden deer, after killing edelgard, you get a letter from hubert were he gives you the intel of the sithers, Claude confronts Rhea and she tells the whole story. They go find the sithers, Rhea nearly sacrifices herself for the party and finallly you face Nemesis and the 12 elites resurrected.

They paint Rhea as someome who is trying to stop the whole thing from happening again. Specially the hunt of her and the few surviving nabeteans (descendants of sothis). After playing all routes, it feels like if they all had sat to talk at ch1, the whole thing could have been avoided and we would have gotten a golden ending.
Yeah, I remember all that, and I feel like you could cut the conflict of a lot of media out by having everyone sit down and chit chat about it. The fact that the factions didn't trust each other played into it, and understandably they didn't trust each other.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
IIRC they said Cornelia changed shortly after she cured the plague that was ailing Fhirdiad around 20 years ago, so I imagine it was relatively recently that Cornelia was slithered
Also what was up by Thales using male pronouns when referring to her real name (Cleobulus), was that also in the japanese version?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Also what was up by Thales using male pronouns when referring to her real name (Cleobulus), was that also in the japanese version?

Option A) Cleobulus shapeshifts male to female... There was never anything explicit that the TWSITD members have to replace people of the same sex, it was just assumed as much.

Option B) Cleobulus being a "he" was a translation error.

Option C) Cornelia's TWSITD identity hadn't been hammered down and they just picked Cleobulus for Three Hopes without realizing they'd been noted as male in Three Houses.

I'm also curious if B could be verified true or false.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Option A) Cleobulus shapeshifts male to female... There was never anything explicit that the TWSITD members have to replace people of the same sex, it was just assumed as much.

Option B) Cleobulus being a "he" was a translation error.

Option C) Cornelia's TWSITD identity hadn't been hammered down and they just picked Cleobulus for Three Hopes without realizing they'd been noted as male in Three Houses.

I'm also curious if B could be verified true or false.
IIRC Cleobulus was cutting room content in the OG Three Houses, so I imagine the dev team had some idea regardless of the answer

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I just started the demo, how long is it?

Pretty meaty, goes through the (universal prologue) and lets you play through the first 'main' chapter of each of the houses, which consists of several smaller-scale battles, as well as a climactic 3-houses-esque 'big' fight.

Several of the game's features are also demo'd.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
About 10-12 hours if you do all three routes
Doing Azure Gleam and I'm almost 5 hours in with only the first small battle done.
Granted I like to take my time and explore / chat with everyone, haha.
I also will try to finish the demo a few days before the release otherwise I'll get too impatient.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They paint Rhea as someome who is trying to stop the whole thing from happening again. Specially the hunt of her and the few surviving nabeteans (descendants of sothis). After playing all routes, it feels like if they all had sat to talk at ch1, the whole thing could have been avoided and we would have gotten a golden ending

All pretty accurate. Shame Edelgard always preferred to listen to the terrorists who do horrific experiments on children including herself rather than listen to literally any voice of reason.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine still thinking that Edelgard made the decision to go to war with the church over something TWISTD told her and not for her own reasons.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
uhhh this game might fucking rule damn

shit might end up going back and playing 3H again

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda surprised how much fun I'm having with this. Last musou game I played was Dragon Quest one.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
There's something about this game, I'm really getting immersed into it, I booted the demo again and one hour went by like it was nothing, and I only did a single 8 minutes battles, haha.
There's so much voiced lines, and when you think they had to do all of Shez's dialogue twice, this is a crazy amount of work.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Imagine thinking the church could listen to reason 🤣🤣🤣

Edit: I missed that 👀
I mean they literally did, they helped her wipe out the slithered and had no objection to Adrestian internal reforms but edelgard invaded anyway because she doesn't think the kingdom and alliance should exist and the only church around should be her state church

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I mean they literally did, they helped her wipe out the slithered and had no objection to Adrestian internal reforms but edelgard invaded anyway because she doesn't think the kingdom and alliance should exist and the only church around should be her state church
the line about the church splitting up the empire was to emphasize their corruption not that she believes that the other nations shouldn't exist, plus she doesn't say that the southern church is the only one that exists she's using the southern church to legitimize her grievances with the central church by showing that she doesn't want to wipe out the religion itself

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
the line about the church splitting up the empire was to emphasize their corruption not that she believes that the other nations shouldn't exist, plus she doesn't say that the southern church is the only one that exists she's using the southern church to legitimize her grievances with the central church by showing that she doesn't want to wipe out the religion itself
I mean, she IS invading those territories with the aim of unifying the continent under the Adrestian empire. And the fact that she writes off the kingdom and the alliance as products the church's corruption tells me she doesn't really consider the feelings and desires of the ppl who live in those territories. By all accounts, the kingdom and the alliance were happy to have their independence from the empire.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
So, I played all routes in 3H except for Crimson Flower, since I intended to save it for last but just... ran out of stamina. Am I missing anything big? I know most of the main story beats.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
its weird she blames the church for splitting the empire when from the lore we know that wasnt initiated by the church at all. My only possible explanation is that she doenst like the Church didnt put their foot down and forbid the split?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
its weird she blames the church for splitting the empire when from the lore we know that wasnt initiated by the church at all. My only possible explanation is that she doenst like the Church didnt put their foot down and forbid the split?
Well the leaderahip of the church are the ones who handled the negotiations between the leadership of the empire and what would be the kingdom and alliance so as far as Edelgard is aware the church facilitated the splits to weaken the empire and give itself more power over each nation. Whether that was the intention of the church or not is kind of a moot point since that was the end result either way.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Well the leaderahip of the church are the ones who handled the negotiations between the leadership of the empire and what would be the kingdom and alliance so as far as Edelgard is aware the church facilitated the splits to weaken the empire and give itself more power over each nation. Whether that was the intention of the church or not is kind of a moot point since that was the end result either way.
From the initial lore what actually happened was that Loog was enroute to March further into the empire and the church brokered a peace and prevented further bloodshed/war and arranged the formal split, could be mistaken on that though as it's been a while

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
There's something about this game, I'm really getting immersed into it, I booted the demo again and one hour went by like it was nothing, and I only did a single 8 minutes battles, haha.
There's so much voiced lines, and when you think they had to do all of Shez's dialogue twice, this is a crazy amount of work.
We still need to see how it pans out in the final version (over the length of full campaigns and all that), but they seem to have gone a step further in incorporating FE elements into their formula.

It has a lot of potential for sure (now if they could implement a proper framerate cap goddamnit).

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
They really rush you to the timeskip, huh?

I kinda wished we could've seen Shez run around Garreg Mach trying to learn shit. I know that's the Persona in me talking but what a wasted opportunity. I know most people wanna just fight but I would've loved to play the school shit for even just a few days. Like we could've seen Shez in the library and studying and realizing that combat is truly what they love the most. I just think it was a missed opportunity to see the school shit from a person whose been a mercenary and now has the chance to be something different or learn something else about the world.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So, I played all routes in 3H except for Crimson Flower, since I intended to save it for last but just... ran out of stamina. Am I missing anything big? I know most of the main story beats.

You're missing a lot without Edelgard's route as you can't see her perspective without it. It's difficult to even explain. I'd heavily suggest you play that route. It's shorter than the other routes too. there's a lot of internal politics that I'd say is pretty important to understand for 3 Hopes.

Crimson Flower is also the most unique in the second half of the story.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
You're missing a lot without Edelgard's route as you can't see her perspective without it. It's difficult to even explain. I'd heavily suggest you play that route. It's shorter than the other routes too. there's a lot of internal politics that I'd say is pretty important to understand for 3 Hopes.

Crimson Flower is also the most unique in the second half of the story.
Do you think I'd be able to play the other two houses in Three Hopes, at least? And come back to Edelgard's route after finishing Crimson Flower?

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
Huh... Monica really really REALLY adores Edelgard. Almost like she got the hots for her. I'm not just imagining this right?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to need a guide to how to play probably because my first battle after the prologue everyone is like level 16 and i'm fielding level 1s lol. i mean, they're sickass level ones, but was definitely relying on MC and Claude to carry everybody

wow, Count Gloucster looks like a real ass

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I'm going to need a guide to how to play probably because my first battle after the prologue everyone is like level 16 and i'm fielding level 1s lol. i mean, they're sickass level ones, but was definitely relying on MC and Claude to carry everybody

Absolutely use the training ground to keep any characters you're using at the maximum possible level (you can level characters up to the same level as your highest-leveled character). Makes a huge difference, and it's cheap.

ChaosSaga

Oct 25, 2017
Around Hyrule

Play on Normal, lv 16 is because it's on hard.

the Demo goes up till lv15.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I'm actually kinda sad Monica ended up being just an Edelgard simp. Characters obsessed with another character is the worst FE archetype by far(Faye, Camilla, etc) no idea why people are liking Monica

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
They really rush you to the timeskip, huh?

I kinda wished we could've seen Shez run around Garreg Mach trying to learn shit. I know that's the Persona in me talking but what a wasted opportunity. I know most people wanna just fight but I would've loved to play the school shit for even just a few days. Like we could've seen Shez in the library and studying and realizing that combat is truly what they love the most. I just think it was a missed opportunity to see the school shit from a person whose been a mercenary and now has the chance to be something different or learn something else about the world.
Maybe the character skipped classes so there's no point in telling his/her educational experience lol

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
I'm actually kinda sad Monica ended up being just an Edelgard simp. Characters obsessed with another character is the worst FE archetype by far(Faye, Camilla, etc) no idea why people are liking Monica
Honestly, I can REALLY see why hardly anybody likes Faye. She's got nothing going for herself. Plus, Monica has admiration for Edelgard, potentially even gay for her. But she's not obsessed. Faye's affection for Alm is very unhealthy.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Easily the best Musou game I've ever played and its only the demo.

Definitely the best running one on the Switch too.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Leaked chapter titles are very interesting to me, some very interesting things coming in all routes

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
So in the demo they say that garrec mach had to close for some reason, what happened? i think i missed it but it should be mentioned pre time skip, anyone knows?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Can't comment about Monica, but all Camilla, Tharja and Faye had going with them was their obsession with the protagonist. And fanservice outfits, except Faye.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
So in the demo they say that garrec mach had to close for some reason, what happened? i think i missed it but it should be mentioned pre time skip, anyone knows?

There was too much other stuff going on for the noble students to stay there either justifiably or safely, if I recall.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'd wait to see more of the game before we declare that all Monica has going for her is being an 'Edelgard simp'