• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any tips for grinding character levels? There's a large cast and I like to keep them vaguely even, so I'm trying to figure out the best way of leveling them all up efficiently. Right now, I'm thinking of just using my favorite characters and having my weaker ones Pair-up with my stronger ones so they get experience without risk of being hurt.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
You can also use money to power up everyone besides your highest level character.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Does anyone know how to revive fallen heroes in hard mode? I've lost a few flyers to bows and a few swords to mages... I need them back :( any tips? Thanks in advance.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I did it easily with Takumi strong enough and Sakura low lvl, don't worry =)

The one high lvl with Darios doubles + Darios x2 + big boss at the end gave me more troubles to do at S-rank. I don't know why I don't really feel the advantage pegasus (spear) -> sword... Or maybe it's just Darios. He's annoying, I save my musou for him.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I'm really enjoying the game so far (just unlocked Lyn), but at the same time I wish the character roster was a little more varied, particularly with unit types. All but one sword user are on foot, every lance is on pegasus, etc. Axe probably has the best breakdown, but there are only three characters, total.

I find the flying characters really awkward to control, too, even after so many hours spent with the game. All their attacks tend to send enemies up incredibly high and their dodge/dash travels a bit too far. I'm also starting to get to the point where enemies take so much damage that fighting them really feels like a chore.

However, in that regard I don't know if I'm simply underleveled or (like Hyrule Warriors) it is going to continue being grindy for the later missions.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like Arena quest designed not to be completed in one go following its recommended level. I mean, the first one had you fight Falcon Knight Cordelia as the last enemy, which I'm even struggling against with unpromoted Camilla despite her triangle advantage. Luckily I brought promoted Hinoka, but considering that you can only damage the last arena enemy with stun gauge, it become horrible slog. Looks like I'm going to search for Arena cheat sheet next time around so I know which xslayer weapon I need to bring.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Honestly sometimes I just ignore triangle. For eg with target on foot, I often use axe, Frederick or Lissa, because they both have a chain combo that grab the target and infinite control. But it's longer on sword so in timed missions it doesn't work well. Also if you struggle with a flying target just use an archer. It's really effective ! I often have Takumi in duo, as a sidekick, just for this type of targets (+ anti monster or dragon or armored, it depends on the mission). Don't forget passive skills provided by other characters too (3rd tab, bottom), Ryoma's one is very cool (atk speed +), and those working in duo are cool too.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to revive fallen heroes in hard mode? I've lost a few flyers to bows and a few swords to mages... I need them back :( any tips? Thanks in advance.
There's no shame in switching to Casual. The moment you do, you'll get any characters you lost back.

Is this worth getting now or waiting to see if there will be a sale on black friday?
It's definitely worth getting now if you're sure you want this game.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
No disadvantage at all. Using a Master Seal doesn't reset your class level.

A master class can have more combo moves, nice stats boost (even at the same lvl), and more passive skills. You can't go wrong to use it, there are no path to choose and enough master seals for every character in the game.

Thanks. I figured it was ok to use them early but I wasn't sure if it was like actual FE games where it is better to wait.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ir's just a generic villager. In some of the History maps there's an optional mission where if you beat enough grunts they class change into a real class with a morale bonus for extra power. So, they're definitely a Donnel reference at least.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Yup this is Fire Emblem. Finally had time to get back to the game after the initial release. I play on Normal/Classic and just had my first situation where I just went "Nope!" restarted a mission. I didn't even bother finishing it. Was at the end and just had Hinoka one-shotted. There are times when I think this is just a normal warriors game until the weapon triangle starts to play a role and something like that happens. I should have been aware of it because it happen prior in the mission but I lived because I had taken the upgrade that lets you live I believe if your health gets reduced to zero. That or I still had a few health points left so it wasn't enough to kill me then. It was by an archer then as well. I should have told her to go somewhere else but I was on a role playing as here and just rushed in Takumi just took me in a second.

This did help me decide something. I was going to increase the diffuclty to Hard but I think the game is challenging enough just trying to keep track of everything, issue orders, worry about the disadvantages, etc. I don't need the enemies to be even great health sponges.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Ir's just a generic villager. In some of the History maps there's an optional mission where if you beat enough grunts they class change into a real class with a morale bonus for extra power. So, they're definitely a Donnel reference at least.

I love how the curate is a blatant Wrys reference too - was not expecting him to get in the game, that's for sure! Also, I happened across an elderly villager in one History map who made me immediately think of Niime from Binding Blade, but that one is probably unintentional.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to pick it up. Having fun with it thus far. The story isn't anything special but at least enjoyable.

Where's Roy? He's our boy. :(

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
I was someone initially peeved by the roster (too many swords, no Telius or Sacred Stones characters, no Hector or Ike) but I've been delighted with this game. Every character is fun to play as, unlike Hyrule Warriors.

I know dlc is coming but I'm really hoping we'll see a sequel with some extra variety in the line up and minor improvements to what is already a great game.

Papasmurff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really surprised they went with all Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates characters for the DLC, since those games are already represented. I figured they would put the characters from other games there to sell more DLC since it seems like most people want at least some representation from the Tellius games, Binding/Blazing Blade, etc.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised they went with all Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates characters for the DLC, since those games are already represented. I figured they would put the characters from other games there to sell more DLC since it seems like most people want at least some representation from the Tellius games, Binding/Blazing Blade, etc.

The announced dlc is pretty disappointing. Even the characters from those games are pretty dull. I'm excited only for Azura since she seems like she can't be a clone.

Was all Hyrule Warriors dlc announced at the gate like it was with this? Maybe it's possible there's unannounced dlc that will get us to open our wallets again for representation from other games.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The announced dlc is pretty disappointing. Even the characters from those games are pretty dull. I'm excited only for Azura since she seems like she can't be a clone.

Was all Hyrule Warriors dlc announced at the gate like it was with this? Maybe it's possible there's unannounced dlc that will get us to open our wallets again for representation from other games.
Hyrule Warriors had similar DLC, but the characters weren't all announced right out of the gate. All we knew is that the season pass would contain multiple packs of DLC with release dates spaced out much like the FE Warriors packs are. And most of those packs only had one character.

Also, if Azura is a lance-user, she'll probably be some sort of clone of Oboro, who at this this point is the only other on-foot lance user.

As for the DLC picks themselves, I'm looking forward to Azura, and for the NPC characters in the game to be made playable. Minerva and Linde should be a lot of fun, too, and I'm curious how they'll do Olivia. (Really, though, I'm mostly interested in Tharja, because Tharja.)

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017

The characters weren't revealed for Hyrule Warriors, but the themes/names of the packs eventually were and there were no surprises within the laid-out plan. In that DLC, the only new game that was covered was Majora's Mask (compared to the base game's OoT/TP/SS). Of course, Hyrule Warriors Legends was then later announced with many more games included (WW in the base; LA, PH/ST, and ALBW in the DLC).

The question is whether a Fire Emblem Warriors Legends is possible, given that Nintendo seems to be focusing on one system moving forward and doesn't have a system to port the game to. My guess is no, but an iterative sequel or a re-release is still always possible. Personally, I'm just hoping for an "expansion" (maybe $30?), but that would require the DLC to sell well.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
The characters weren't revealed for Hyrule Warriors, but the themes/names of the packs eventually were and there were no surprises within the laid-out plan. In that DLC, the only new game that was covered was Majora's Mask (compared to the base game's OoT/TP/SS). Of course, Hyrule Warriors Legends was then later announced with many more games included (WW in the base; LA, PH/ST, and ALBW in the DLC).

The question is whether a Fire Emblem Warriors Legends is possible, given that Nintendo seems to be focusing on one system moving forward and doesn't have a system to port the game to. My guess is no, but an iterative sequel or a re-release is still always possible. Personally, I'm just hoping for an "expansion" (maybe $30?), but that would require the DLC to sell well.

I have a slim hope for additional dlc, legends style, even without a new version of the game releasing. Hopefully the game sold well enough to earn it.

I'm glad that the Fire Emblem series has revitalized to the extent that it's getting mobile and spin off games.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I'm more annoyed by the mision with Darios shadows + final boss (last history map)... Even with characters 90+ I'm still too slow and only get A-rank... I don't find a good way to kill really fast those shadows (pegasus are a joke). This mission makes me cry, without all S-ranks I can't unlock Takumi's bow true power...

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Aaand I finally did it. It was nightmare to kill enough people (2K) + good timing for S-rank (and Celica's weapon).

If somebody struggles with this mission (top right on the last map) :
Instead of killing all Darios' doubles, I put 2 units in the forts near their spawn (top right and middle right) and they keep doubles busy and the base will stay ok.

So I can kill 2 doubles (on the other side of the map) really quick with duo musou then Darios x2. I kept the special bar on my sidekick (Lucina is great for killing the last big boss with her weapons + her passive skill).

Now I have unlocked the true power of Takumi's bow, and Celica's one too. I still didn't kill the 10K ennemies on 2 other chars. And I unlocked the third bow user too. So many work to 100% this game... And I was worried to be bored before Xenoblade Chronicles 2... Lol.

Nov 13, 2017
I finally completed story mode last night and now I'm working on the history maps. I've been playing with Chrom this entire time but decided to give some of the other sword users a chance. Needless to say, I was really disappointed to see that all their moves are nearly identical. I do enjoy how fast Lucina is.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got every weapon scrolls, now start the grind to unlock all true power.
Almost completed all History missions at S-rank too, 2 characters have maxed support with everyone, I'll need that update soon.

Oct 25, 2017
The game has become Ryoma Emblem and Tiki Emblem for the forseeable future, to unlock Astra and Armored Blow skills for more characters.

I can't go back to normal speed attack animations!

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lyn is a beast with Astra. So much fun playing with her and she is really cute. :3 Camilla! To the sidelines!

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Finally 100% Mario so got back into this. I'm having a blast, but I'm still struggling grasping the different skills. Right now I'm loving Xander, Camilla, Robin and then I'm fostering Tiki as my boss killer.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Tried to give the Lady Sword mission another go to get the second Anna scroll and hoping for the S rank. Ended up with a time of 15:05... Why Darius, why?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And there, after 55 hours of playtime, I've done every gameplay content this game had to offer (and everything S ranked), one of the shortest Musou I played for sure.
I guess all I have left is grind mats and supports.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to take Robin off my team. Just did CH13 and he really comes across as too stupid to live. Always running into the Big 3 who he can't fight.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
How do you see which characters that can make bonds with? I want to use the first history map for bond grind but I'm clueless on which characters to deploy.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
How do you see which characters that can make bonds with? I want to use the first history map for bond grind but I'm clueless on which characters to deploy.
You can go into the convoy menu and go into a character's status page. There should be an option to see supports. Anyone that has an A+ option has a conversation. You can bond any characters for the materials rewards, but only A+ get support conversations.