• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Drilbit

Oct 25, 2017
looks like jp version will get v1.2 update next week (16th nov)
-new history map

-armor break (weapon attribute), will lower enemy def+m.def
can destroy chara armor

-costume for the two mc

-new blessing
-multi weapon sell
-bug fix
-eng voice pack
https://twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/928131701598928896

i guess eng version will get them somewhere later
Thank goodness for the crash fixes, I had it happen to me again at the end of a map because too much was going on screen and i lost 20 mins of progress

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And done, got the all blessings achievement, currently working toward Takumi and Sakura ultimate weapons since I see more and more Bow only missions.

Oct 25, 2017
Getting deeper into History Mode now. Just unlocked Brave Lances. Really enjoying Frederick now that he has Astra. He's mobile, he's bulky, and he hits like a truck even with just a Silver Axe.

I feel like Bow only maps and Tome/Stone only maps are going to be my downfall. Most of my really good characters are sword users.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I cleared the Awakening and Fates History Mode maps, woop woop.

I skipped all the way to the Echoes one and... yupp, it's definitely a difficulty spike. I hear there's a mandatory mission with a Bow user only restriction? In that case, I'm fried since I haven't used Sakura and I refuse to use Takumi.

To make up for it, I've started doing a Lunatic run in Story Mode to get more Anna's memoirs and to grind out supports. My main objective is to get every crest for Camilla, who is my favorite of the roster!

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Finally unlocked Lyn. The Shadow Clone missions were a lot of fun but I missed the S rank for the Sol Katti by 15 seconds... Going for Celica next, hopefully she doesn't take too long to unlock.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
Multiple objectives can make things pretty damn hectic at times. And this is me still tackling story mode. Couldn't imagine what they have to offer at history mode.

Sturm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Around what level would you recommend the cast be before tackling Anna's mission? I was hoping to go for her as soon as possible but my characters are all around 45 still so I'm guessing I'd struggle a lot with it.

Leave it for the last, because you have to find all the pieces of the mosaic and after you have to win in a level 80 stage.

For unlock Anna you need:

Story Mode

Chapter 2: It is necessary to obtain the two memories of this level.
Chapter 3: It is necessary to obtain the two memories of this level.
Chapter 4: It is necessary to obtain the two memories of this level.
Chapter 5: It is necessary to obtain the two memories of this level.
Chapter 12: It is necessary to obtain the second memory of this level.
Chapter 13: It is necessary to obtain the first memory of this level.

All the scrolls that can be found in the different phases of the Chronicles Mode of the "Invisible Ties" map.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm making slow but steady progress through the story mode. About to start the Fates stuff which I've been really looking forward to.

I think the voice acting and script in English is perfectly fine. Funny at moments. A lot of hubblu about nothing in the end in my opinion, though at least the Japanese is available for those that disagree I guess.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Holy Hell, I've spent the past hour and a half trying to beat chapter 12 on hard, to no avail. The game was extremely easy until now, but I'm just stuck. I know I have to capture both sides simultaneously, but I always get overwhelmed and can't progress quickly enough.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
Holy Hell, I've spent the past hour and a half trying to beat chapter 12 on hard, to no avail. The game was extremely easy until now, but I'm just stuck. I know I have to capture both sides simultaneously, but I always get overwhelmed and can't progress quickly enough.
split your chara, 2 on each side. order them to reach the next base while you're taking one so that you can switch chara and straight away take the other base. rinse & repeat

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 12 was the first one I game overed on too. Not looking forward to hard mode to get that second memento. The timing on it just seems really tight where you almost have to park people in front of objectives and then do one side and then rapidly switch characters and do another. Once or twice I got to the very end of the map and captured one side but not the other quickly enough and someone died.

I am almost done with the Fates History Mode map. I need to do some things to get Hinoka and at least one more Nohr sibling up to speed. I have enough Mastery Seals where promoting isn't a big deal now but grinding a Ryoma support for Astra is almost a must now.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
It's doable without level grinding, but yeah, 12H takes some real work to get the approach down.

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
Right now I've got an S rank on every non-Anna mission and am currently working unlocking every weapon's true power and getting everybody to level 99 before the patch comes out.

I'm impressed with how many of the characters are fun to play as. Camilla's Belly flop (Dash then Heavy attack) is golden for the kill X amount of enemies mission.

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
How do you increase damage of any character's unique weapon?

The Time-distortion missions of the history maps give you specific weapon scrolls that are used to unlock a fifth weapon crest for their respective characters. After that you need to get 10,000 KO's with that weapon.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Leave it for the last, because you have to find all the pieces of the mosaic and after you have to win in a level 80 stage.

Ok, no Anna for now then. Celica herself is looking to take a bit of investment to getting but I think I should be fine with my mid 40s team.

I'm impressed with how many of the characters are fun to play as. Camilla's Belly flop (Dash then Heavy attack) is golden for the kill X amount of enemies mission.

I'm personally enjoying Robin and of course, Ryoma the most. Robin is great at controlling from long range which offsets their relatively low DEF well. I enjoy the playstyle of blasting foes with strong attacks and trapping them with the gauge exposer thing (not sure the actual term for this.) Plus Robin's moves are just aesthetically wonderful to pull off - I especially love Ruin. Ryoma is just a complete monster being both hard hitting and super fast - he's just a complete joy to play as. I'm looking forward to trying Lyn when she gets to an acceptable level.

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
The Time-distortion missions of the history maps give you specific weapon scrolls that are used to unlock a fifth weapon crest for their respective characters. After that you need to get 10,000 KO's with that weapon.

Thanks!

This is a really addictive and fun game, highly recommended to anyone who likes action games.

Sturm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, no Anna for now then. Celica herself is looking to take a bit of investment to getting but I think I should be fine with my mid 40s team.

I'm personally enjoying Robin and of course, Ryoma the most. Robin is great at controlling from long range which offsets their relatively low DEF well. I enjoy the playstyle of blasting foes with strong attacks and trapping them with the gauge exposer thing (not sure the actual term for this.) Plus Robin's moves are just aesthetically wonderful to pull off - I especially love Ruin. Ryoma is just a complete monster being both hard hitting and super fast - he's just a complete joy to play as. I'm looking forward to trying Lyn when she gets to an acceptable level.

For Celica wait lvl 60

Drilbit

Oct 25, 2017
Even with the newest patch I still get crashes whenever too much is happening on screen

Papasmurff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My only complaint so far is the the animations for the special (A button) and Awakening finish attacks are wayyyy too long. It almost discourages me from using them. I don't remember that being an issue in Hyrule Warriors.

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked Lyn. Also finished the Xander part of the Fates map.

Game is fun but is quickly becoming a chore. Characters on some of these maps are like raid bosses with how much HP they have. Even when I have the weapon triangle advantage and I'm using a really good silver weapon (have not unlocked all the brave weapons yet). It just takes fucking forever to kill anything. I hate arena maps for this reason. Sometimes it is fun to dodge around and hit and get combos but then after like 3 minutes just die already.

And then it is like the final boss of the map and I have everyone attacking but I'm switching up to rotate special attacks. Then if I'm not a certain character for longer than 20 seconds they start to move away to take over a base. The AI I've had tonight has been fucking horrendous when for the most part the AI in this game has been fine. I set Fred to defend and tell him to go to my base and yet he continues to fight just outside of it and it is constantly in danger.

Well at least I get to start grinding up Lyn tomorrow =)

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Meh I really like how this game gives you more freedom with other characters and the ability to switch between them but they should of never designed the objectives around that, this game has too much going on at once which at the end of HW I had a problem too, big turn off with this game so far its not fun losing the map and your 30 minutes and your level and having to constantly pause the game, i don't even bother pairing up anymore because I don't know when it's super effective and when it's not.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Meh I really like how this game gives you more freedom with other characters and the ability to switch between them but they should of never designed the objectives around that, this game has too much going on at once which at the end of HW I had a problem too, big turn off with this game so far its not fun losing the map and your 30 minutes and your level and having to constantly pause the game, i don't even bother pairing up anymore because I don't know when it's super effective and when it's not.
You don't lose levels when losing.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Got Lyn's scroll yesterday and my god she just wreck everything (with Astra). The mission to get it was hell though, took me 3 tries with Sakura level 92 and her ultimate weapon + dragon slayer, I think I hate bow moveset and to make it worse, every bow users have the same >.<

Anyway, 6 more Anna memories and all pictures will be completed, have about half the weapon scrolls, slowly seeing the end of the game thankfully there will be a new history map soon.

Last edited:

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man im so behind. They are gonna release more history maps I don't have the time to beat the one's in the game!

Oct 26, 2017
So I just got a Switch and this game today. In the first map I tried moving around but I randomly lose control in either half of the controller at random times.

Is this a common issue in the game?

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
So I just got a Switch and this game today. In the first map I tried moving around but I randomly lose control in either half of the controller at random times.

Is this a common issue in the game?
That sounds like a Joycon issue. It happens, unfortunately. Try going into the Switch's settings and find "Update Controllers" in there. Give your Joycons a firmware update and see if that fixes it.

And if you don't have that option, do a System Update, then do it. But the Switch should have updated itself in the initial setup, I think.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I'm playing the history mode and one of the battles us unmounted units only. For some reason it won't let me use Lianna and Corrin though. They're definitely not mounted units. Do they count as mounted or something?

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds like a Joycon issue. It happens, unfortunately. Try going into the Switch's settings and find "Update Controllers" in there. Give your Joycons a firmware update and see if that fixes it.

And if you don't have that option, do a System Update, then do it. But the Switch should have updated itself in the initial setup, I think.

Yeah I ended up updating it and disconnecting and reconnecting the joycons and it's working well so far.

Game is fun so far and I like that I can send people to other corners of the map and they will actually get the job done a good amount of the time.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's really disappointing that enemy Tiki never seems to turn into a dragon. Enemies never use Awakening, but there should be an exception for her, considering how dragon is supposed to be her main combat form. It's really underwhelming to beat a bunch of Fafnir that could cause some trouble, and then get to a Tiki who is weaker than her own generic soldiers.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
After getting distracted by Stardew on Switch and SMO, I was finally able to find some time to move on to Fire Emblem Warriors earlier this week. I've been doing about two stages a day, starting on normal and then hard afterwards, and I'm really enjoying it! Sitting down with some familiar characters and creating some satisfying, but also pretty easy to dictate, chaos that only warrior games can provide is an awesome way to settle down.

It's strange, I read so much about people disliking these new twins and was expecting to feel the same way based on their rather plain design - but I actually like Rowan, he's funny. His move set is pretty great too, lots of strong and efficient combos.

Gigan

Oct 27, 2017
Well, game is better than I thought ! I heard the sales were good, which is weirdly unexpected to me ! I still prefer HW for the diversity of the weapons + the giant boss fights.

...but no support conversation between Xander and Ryoma ? What the hell ?!

Sturm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My only complaint so far is the the animations for the special (A button) and Awakening finish attacks are wayyyy too long. It almost discourages me from using them. I don't remember that being an issue in Hyrule Warriors.

In other musous like Samurai warrior the animation of the musou attack is also divided in two times, it is something normal. Although in this game if it is true that usually last a little longer. But in their favor these are very spectacular, they remind me sometimes of an anime.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Well, game is better than I thought ! I heard the sales were good, which is weirdly unexpected to me ! I still prefer HW for the diversity of the weapons + the giant boss fights.

...but no support conversation between Xander and Ryoma ? What the hell ?!

Well they do have one in Fates Rev so I'm happy they decided to go for some more unusual pairings.
Yes, I know he has a support with Corrin too...

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France

Same here. The first time is nice to watch, but when you're in a hurry, it's annoying (and the time is still going on during all the animation).

In normal situation it's breaking the rythm I tend to not using it, except in max difficulty to get rid 'quickly' of some annoying officers (often sword type, because even on a pegasus I don't feel the triangle effectiveness).

Ah, another point I don't like in combats is the slowing action when you hit a flying unit with an archer for exemple. When you have several and use a combo with many shots, it makes the game really messy.

I'm a bit disappointed because usually I play 300+ hours on musou games before 'fatigue'. This time, a bit less than 150h and got pretty bored. Idk what exactly is missing. Or maybe it's just the not 100% satisfying combats.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Missing 2 Anna memories, looked everywhere and they are hidden in one of the last map's vortex. Well in 3 missions this will be done now, guess the next step is getting the remaining weapon scrolls.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the main campaign. This game is really good. Dunno how long before I 100% this game but maybe after DOOM. Playing as Marth is my favorite because his moves as fast and flashy.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to tell your characters to hold their position? Every time I switch, I feel like the ones I am not controlling just go running off in random directions.

Also, how do I swap out characters at the set up screen before going into a mission? I'm sure the game told me how but I have forgotten since stepping away to play Odyssey.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to tell your characters to hold their position? Every time I switch, I feel like the ones I am not controlling just go running off in random directions.

Also, how do I swap out characters at the set up screen before going into a mission? I'm sure the game told me how but I have forgotten since stepping away to play Odyssey.

Choose them with X and it should open a menu where you can also change their equipped weapon or swap their position. In order to make characters stand still, just order them to protect allied keep captains. They'll just stay there, rather than run around after reaching the position.

Last edited:

OhNoMelon

Oct 26, 2017
Man, these later history mode battles can get a little intense. The command stuff that seemed like a cute little inclusion because it was a crossover with a SRPG quickly becomes a requirement and you start to really need to micromanage your party members.

Oct 25, 2017
I always feel bad when someone gets to max support with Ryoma or Marth and I take that essence and use it on another character. But sometimes you just have to throw all your resources at Lyn and turn her into a killing machine!

Drilbit

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. The first time is nice to watch, but when you're in a hurry, it's annoying (and the time is still going on during all the animation).

In normal situation it's breaking the rythm I tend to not using it, except in max difficulty to get rid 'quickly' of some annoying officers (often sword type, because even on a pegasus I don't feel the triangle effectiveness).

Ah, another point I don't like in combats is the slowing action when you hit a flying unit with an archer for exemple. When you have several and use a combo with many shots, it makes the game really messy.

I'm a bit disappointed because usually I play 300+ hours on musou games before 'fatigue'. This time, a bit less than 150h and got pretty bored. Idk what exactly is missing. Or maybe it's just the not 100% satisfying combats.

They really need to fix it where awakening/specials dont run down the timer, while it does clear out a lot of enemies it can kill too much time making it harder to get the goal.