• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Drilbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused, does master seals reset your level or does it just pick up where you left off?

WoollyTitan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Maldovarium
So I gotta ask....anyone know of a good spot for old fashioned level grinding? I've basically hit a roadblock at level 51 where it's taking FOREVER, and I know some of those History missions (especially Anna's) can be particularly cruel if you aren't leveled properly.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
So I gotta ask....anyone know of a good spot for old fashioned level grinding? I've basically hit a roadblock at level 51 where it's taking FOREVER, and I know some of those History missions (especially Anna's) can be particularly cruel if you aren't leveled properly.
I've just been playing through the history mode maps that are available. I'm focusing on one or two characters and rotating the rest. If someone's level is falling behind then I use the Training Grounds in the Camp to catch them up. I've not had to grind for levels yet, just materials. Weapon attack power has been the limiting factor for me rather than the characters level. If you always use pair up, you'll rarely take damage so defence and hp mean little.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Just started hitting the level 40s-50s now and I'm thinking of doing the map for Lyn, I'm assuming this is high enough at this point?
Just finishing off the Fate's history mode map beforehand as well because I really want those master seals right now.

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Just started hitting the level 40s-50s now and I'm thinking of doing the map for Lyn, I'm assuming this is high enough at this point?
Just finishing off the Fate's history mode map beforehand as well because I really want those master seals right now.
My team was unbalanced when I got Lyn
Lucina was like 60 something while everyone else were 30-40
Higher levels don't really help on this map.. it's more about the right weapons

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Aktlys and Disclaimer Thanks for the info, I've been stockpiling weapons and getting multiple with different sets of upgrades ready for when I need specifically a mountslayer/armour slayer etc.
I really want to get Lyn and maybe Anna though that one looks a lot more painful compared to the others.
Haven't even started on the space time disruption portals yet either. Man so much content and stuff to do sure it feels a little grindy but I'm still having a blast.

Oct 25, 2017
Just did a weekend marathon of co-op History maps.
Cripes, I forgot how hectic these games can get. Especially those Shadow Elimination ones.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Manage to play a couple more chapters; up to Chapter 10 now?

Why do the fliers suck so much to play as

Deleted member 3758

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a message.

DN-u7RLUIAATFzM.jpg:large

Last edited:

Drewboy64

Oct 25, 2017
When do I get 'skills'? In the Convoy you can equip skills? I'm pretty far in the Story and I haven't come across any skills yet

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
When do I get 'skills'? In the Convoy you can equip skills? I'm pretty far in the Story and I haven't come across any skills yet

They are unlocked using the items you get from increasing the bonds between characters. Stuff like Rowan's Buckle and Lianna's Cape. You buy them under Boost Crests in the Crest Market. You can get the items as rewards in History Mode sometimes as well.

Drewboy64

Oct 25, 2017
They are unlocked using the items you get from increasing the bonds between characters. Stuff like Rowan's Buckle and Lianna's Cape. You buy them under Boost Crests in the Crest Market. You can get the items as rewards in History Mode sometimes as well.

i was under the impression that the things you unlocked in the crest market were passives?

Oh I see, i spent a bunch of mats to unlock some crests and found the 'skills'

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How do I get Lissas Essence? Need one so i can get +10 strength
You get the essences by getting an A Ranking support with the character.

... I want a proper Fire Emblem Fates and Awakening HD for Switch but it might be too annoying for Nintendo ;_;

And how many "misunderstandings" am I gonna see in the story? Lmao
There are four chapters reusing that plot right at the start of the Fates route split, two for each side.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way to delete the Japanese VO pack from a digital copy of the game was to call Nintendo and have them revoke the license for it. I kind of had a feeling that I'd lose my save data somehow. I didn't know how the game would handled a save with previously installed DLC. Fortunately it's a fun game and I don't have a problem going through it again.

Edit:

In 20/20 hindsight, I could have downloaded the DLC on a different eShop account to keep the game and VO DLC separate but eh, whatever ... what's done is done.

This is one of the weirdest/most annoying ways of handling DLC I've ever saw. What the hell was KT thinking?

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Is there something I'm supposed to do with my 500,000 gold?

Optimizing equipment is a little difficult and convoluted I don't really want to bother unless it's something like GOOD.

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Is there something I'm supposed to do with my 500,000 gold?

Optimizing equipment is a little difficult and convoluted I don't really want to bother unless it's something like GOOD.
I use gold to keep low level character in sync
Some battles require specific types of characters
It is really expensive

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Manage to play a couple more chapters; up to Chapter 10 now?

Why do the fliers suck so much to play as

Camilla is one of the strongest characters in the game. She wrecks everything with her full Y combo.

The only way to delete the Japanese VO pack from a digital copy of the game was to call Nintendo and have them revoke the license for it. I kind of had a feeling that I'd lose my save data somehow. I didn't know how the game would handled a save with previously installed DLC. Fortunately it's a fun game and I don't have a problem going through it again.

Edit:

In 20/20 hindsight, I could have downloaded the DLC on a different eShop account to keep the game and VO DLC separate but eh, whatever ... what's done is done.

Why did you even do that though? For space reasons?

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that explains what the broken armor models in all the DLC are about. Costumes are snazzy, and bulk weapon selling is also welcome.

Hopefully the bug fixes squish the crashing problem.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
A new History map separate from the DLC packs is a nice surprise. The twins also look much better with those new colors.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
We heard you like breakable weapons in Fire Emblem so here's breakable armor...

Is this the first instance of this in the Fire Emblem universe? I'm trying to recall but the closest thing that comes to mind are the damaged portraits in Heroes.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Fates has breakable armor. The characters can be left fighting in their underwear if it's completely broken, although generally that only will happen by using specific armor breaking weapons or personal skill. Echoes also has it but only for a few minor accessories.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Fates has breakable armor. The characters can be left fighting in their underwear if it's completely broken, although generally that only will happen by using specific armor breaking weapons or personal skill. Echoes also has it but only for a few minor accessories.
If memory serves me well, only Sophie can do that. Otherwise, constant damage will slowly damage the armor the character is wearing,

Nice to see they are adding this free DLC. Another history map, more things to do.

Magicpork

Oct 28, 2017
sounds like a very substantial update and free history map is a surprise..

I may actually buy the DLCs just to support to good practice of the devs

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
If memory serves me well, only Sophie can do that. Otherwise, constant damage will slowly damage the armor the character is wearing,

Nice to see they are adding this free DLC. Another history map, more things to do.
There were a set of weapons that did that, too. The Hoshidan Raider weapons. Raider Katana, Raider Naginata, and so on.

It was kind of odd that Sophie could do that, though. As a personal skill, it didn't really fit her personality to strip foes in battle.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
There were a set of weapons that did that, too. The Hoshidan Raider weapons. Raider Katana, Raider Naginata, and so on.

It was kind of odd that Sophie could do that, though. As a personal skill, it didn't really fit her personality to strip foes in battle.
Yeah, forgot those weapons. Although the condition for strip characters was that the weapon had the advantage, otherwise, nothing happened.

I suppose they used the excuse that since Sophie was so clumsy, she somehow managed to strip her foes.

Portalbox

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! When will we get to play as the villains, though? I hope they do the same thing as with Hyrule Warriors.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
looks like jp version will get v1.2 update next week (16th nov)
-new history map

-armor break (weapon attribute), will lower enemy def+m.def
can destroy chara armor

-costume for the two mc

-new blessing
-multi weapon sell
-bug fix
-eng voice pack
https://twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/928131701598928896

i guess eng version will get them somewhere later
Neat, just came back on this game since I 100%ed Mario.
Oh and I'm slowly working toward that all blessing medal so I should do that before the update.

EDIT : and finally unlocked Anna, wow didn't expect that battle to drag on for so long (17 mins) otherwise I would have S ranked it.

mariotylntudj.jpg

Last edited: