• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my GOD! Turn on 60 FPS in the settings. It literally makes the game 39048102948104814018080x better. Like a whole other game.

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, 60 fps does wonders for the game. I turned it off after the first tutorial stage and haven't turned it off since. Anyone playing in Classic mode? I just had a unit die and it's a pain to revive. might end up switching since I've completed the story already.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem I have with framerate mode is the super low resolution and lack of ansiotropic filtering. Makes it look ugly.

I play it mostly docked so it's probably not so noticeable in handheld.

Drilbit

Oct 25, 2017
The problem I have with framerate mode is the super low resolution and lack of ansiotropic filtering. Makes it look ugly.

I play it mostly docked so it's probably not so noticeable in handheld.
I think the game for the most part looks fine when its undocked, yeah having it in 720p can make it look blurry but i don't think its a dealbreaker. The models themselves are still pretty good and the high framerate makes it more enjoyable to play. Honestly i prefer this over nights of azure 2 switch which had terrible framerate.

Wissenschaft

Oct 28, 2017
I have this game for the N3DS. Sure its a big hit to the graphics but I still love the gameplay. Its a lot of fun. The game play might be repetitive but this is the type of game I can keep coming back to after a break.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any thoughts on how likely we are to get the NPC boss characters from Story Mode as free DLC? From what I remember, there were 4.

EDIT: I'll have to figure out how to do spoilers on this new site...

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any thoughts on how likely we are to get the NPC boss characters from Story Mode as free DLC? From what I remember, there were 4.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

They weren't listed in the DLC plan and I don't see them leaving them unplayable - but if they were free, you'd have thought that their eventual addition would have been announced alongside the DLC...

I'm tending towards believing they are, though they could be doing something else.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
They weren't listed in the DLC plan and I don't see them leaving them unplayable - but if they were free, you'd have thought that their eventual addition would have been announced alongside the DLC...

I'm tending towards believing they are, though they could be doing something else.

You're probably right. I don't remember when the Hyrule Warriors free DLC characters were announced.

Svearik

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta
I'm addicted to this game. Working towards completing some of these history mode maps.

Hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel. Japan sales weren't too hot if I remember.

Last edited:

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
I was starting to get frustrated with some of the A.I members decisions but I finally realized they like to do whatever they want if you switch back and forth between playing as them.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
You're probably right. I don't remember when the Hyrule Warriors free DLC characters were announced.

They actually announced the update with the 3 enemies even before the Western release for Hyrule Warriors, so I don't think we're getting free characters this time. They also don't have as much data to be playable characters as the 4 allied npcs that have been confirmed to be paid DLC.

Besides, as it stands, they're basically 3 Robin clones with one different strong attack (a generic magic ball). I'd still take them for free, but it doesn't seem likely.

Last edited:

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
They actually announced the update with the 3 enemies even before the Western release for Hyrule Warriors, so I don't think we're getting free characters this time. They also don't have as much data to be playable characters as the 4 allied npcs that have been confirmed to be paid DLC.

Besides, as it stands, they're basically 3 Robin clones with one different strong attack (a generic magic ball). I'd still take them for free, but it doesn't seem likely.

Ah, I see. That all makes sense. I thought of something similar: the boss characters were seemingly all clones (from what I could tell), so it wouldn't exactly be an exciting character edition. Still, the game doesn't have any playable villains, so it might be cool variety for that reason. Also, the character I'd want the most is the one that's not a Robin clone, mostly because I think I'd prefer the boss character over the character(s) that they are a clone of.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I had forgotten about the prince while writing that post. Yeah, he'd be cool actually in spite of being a clone too. I feel like he's pure sequel bait though, considering his last scene in the story.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I had forgotten about the prince while writing that post. Yeah, he'd be cool actually in spite of being a clone too. I feel like he's pure sequel bait though, considering his last scene in the story.
Wait, what?

Are you talking about Darios? He died when Velezark was resurrected.

But yeah, I don't see any of the villains being made playable, unless they're a surprise inclusion in the DLC packs given that there's one representing each game. What I'm more curious about is if Koei Tecmo will go ahead with a fourth "Fan request" pack like they were hinting they might at TGS. (I'll be left out in the cold on that, because people will inevitably scream for Ike and Hector while I'm waving frantically at Jugdral characters all by myself.)

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, what?

He gets pierced through, which should have been enough to kill him, but then rather than just dying on the ground there, he falls into an outrealm gate and disappears, which seems like a really convenient way to make him reappear alive in a sequel.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
He gets pierced through, which should have been enough to kill him, but then rather than just dying on the ground there, he falls into an outrealm gate and disappears, which seems like a really convenient way to make him reappear alive in a sequel.
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the story...

Did Darios actually betray the group or was he just possessed by dark energy? I thought he was just possessed, but then his dialogue before his death made it sound like he actually had intended to betray the group and underestimated the Chaos Dragon's power.

Wait, what?

But yeah, I don't see any of the villains being made playable, unless they're a surprise inclusion in the DLC packs given that there's one representing each game. What I'm more curious about is if Koei Tecmo will go ahead with a fourth "Fan request" pack like they were hinting they might at TGS. (I'll be left out in the cold on that, because people will inevitably scream for Ike and Hector while I'm waving frantically at Jugdral characters all by myself.)

In the last fight, I'm almost certain I heard some really ridiculous statement that one of the characters made that was along the lines of "Isn't this the same dark energy we felt earlier? [something something] Darios could be healed!" I really didn't pay complete attention, but I heard them talk about healing Darios and my eyes went O.o.

I'd be satisfied if they threw in each villain in the DLC packs as a bonus. Or like a free character along with the patch to announce the new DLC (kind of like how Medli was a free character that announced HWL).

What's this about a DLC pack being teased? I hadn't heard about that. Do you have a link?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What's this about a DLC pack being teased? I hadn't heard about that. Do you have a link?

There's really not much to go on, other than a comment made by producer Yosuke Hayashi at TGS saying that there could be additional DLC after the Awakening pack is released, but its contents would be based on fan feedback. That's all that really amounts to, so it's not a guarantee by any stretch.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
There's really not much to go on, other than a comment made by producer Yosuke Hayashi at TGS saying that there could be additional DLC after the Awakening pack is released, but its contents would be based on fan feedback. That's all that really amounts to, so it's not a guarantee by any stretch.

Hmm, okay. If a sequel won't happen, I wouldn't mind a Season 2 of DLC or an expansion (HWL-style, but available as DLC) to cover the missing games. I'd prefer that over nothing.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just wondering, do the amiibo items that you get affect the balance at all? Or are they generic items that you would get anyway?

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
HAs anyone tried out the co-op local yet? How is it? Can you run through the story and side missions together?

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of picking this game up. How is it compared to regular musous? How would you rate it among similar titles?

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HAs anyone tried out the co-op local yet? How is it? Can you run through the story and side missions together?
it certainly doesnt perform as well as single player and there are less enemies on screen. its playable though. you can play all the missions in coop.
I'm thinking of picking this game up. How is it compared to regular musous? How would you rate it among similar titles?
i would rate it very high. its better than hyrule warriors imho in terms of pure performance and gameplay (character variety is worse though). its probably up there with DQ Heroes.

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just wondering, do the amiibo items that you get affect the balance at all? Or are they generic items that you would get anyway?
FE amiibo give you random weapons. Tiki & Chrom give you a special weapon unique for those two characters. Everything else just gives you random items/weapons/gold. All the items I got from non FE amiibo were garbage. As it should be.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. The amiibo functionality is similar to the way it is in Hyrule Warriors. You can scan any you own five times a day for random loot. The Chrom and Tiki amiibo, however, do have unique weapons that can only be unlocked by scanning them, but you only get them once from this and only after Chrom and Tiki are unlocked in the game. Otherwise, they behave like the other amiibo.

As for the weapons themselves, they're tied to Chom and Tiki exclusively and can't be used by other characters. Chrom's Training Sword has a strength of 40, I think (which is not near the top tier at all) but has an innate skill that increases his attack speed. Tiki's Tear has a strength of 80, which makes it especially good for an E-rank weapon, and gives all of her stats a +2 boost as long as it's equipped. However, it also is not among the top-tier weapons in the game and like I said before, it can't be upgraded at all.

Deleted member 11290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished the story mode yesterday, and enjoyed it a lot. Apart from Hyrule Warriors (and an old Gundam Warriors on X360), I don't have any experience with Warriors games.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
One change I really appreciate from Hyrule Warriors is that the fort captains are at the forts automatically, no need to kill some grunts in the fort to summon them.
Anna was a real pain to get, there were multiple times when I thought her unlock map was over, only to realize there was more to do.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Is the story mode long? How many missions does in contain? I switched to hard after the second mission because it was really too easy. Does it get any harder?
It's about 20 missions.

I don't think any of them are particularly challenging if you're keeping your characters progressing in line with the story.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I have this game for the N3DS. Sure its a big hit to the graphics but I still love the gameplay. Its a lot of fun. The game play might be repetitive but this is the type of game I can keep coming back to after a break.

Yeah a friend of mines was streaming the 3DS version the other day, I'm glad they made it locked to N3DS units - serves the game much better. It's pretty much the same game as the Switch version!

I was starting to get frustrated with some of the A.I members decisions but I finally realized they like to do whatever they want if you switch back and forth between playing as them.

This annoyed me too, but then I realized that's what the autobattle option was - you can change AI patterns to just make them do nothing. Hated Lissa always running back to home base after she was done with a task, lol.

I think it scales with your general character level? I stopped getting bronze items from generic amiibo now that I'm more deeper in the game. My Luigi amiibo gave me 50k gold once!

Sturm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing musous all my life, all the sagas since it is my favorite genre. And personally I can say that this game has the most spectacular musous attacks I have ever seen. I love him.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man...

People were so wrong about this game before release. This is a legit Musou game and playing as mounted characters is freaking fun as hell to play as with all the crazy and fast movement they do. If people aren't a fan of the Fire Emblem styled gameplay, they'd really get a kick out of this title since you get the FE cast in actiony styled gameplay.

Jucksalbe

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never really know how to play mounted characters properly in Musou games. When I try it usually ends up a nightmare for the camera.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the story mode yesterday, and enjoyed it a lot. Apart from Hyrule Warriors (and an old Gundam Warriors on X360), I don't have any experience with Warriors games.
Same here. Finished Story mode yesterday and liked the game. While I put the story in the game below Hyrule Warriors, the gameplay is better and much more enjoyable. My most used warriors were Lianna, Corrin and Lissa.

Now to history mode until Mario Odyssey comes.

Sturm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game. The best of the game starts in Chronicles mode and raising difficulty as you level the characters and get the best weapons, this can give for more than 200 hours

Personally I recommend the game to any fan of the musous, it is the best along with Samurai Warriors Spirit of Sanada this year. And I like it a lot more than the Warrior all Stars.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my GOD! Turn on 60 FPS in the settings. It literally makes the game 39048102948104814018080x better. Like a whole other game.

Hmm, I've heard other people saying it's so ugly in performance that it's a worthy sacrifice going for 30fps.. Still going to play Conquest before I start this

Hellsing

Oct 25, 2017
Switched a bunch between the 720p 60fps and 1080p 30fps modes on my first playthrough of the story. Think I liked the 1080p more.

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I was having a ton of fun with this game but then Odyssey came out... I need to tear myself away to play more Warriors!

Co-op can get a little rough from a tech standpoint but is really fun.

Oct 27, 2017

The co-op in this is REALLY fun.

BUT the mini-map for each player on the screen is ridiculously tiny, so it's often hard to tell who you are and where to go, and there's an obvious hit to frames per second/enemies on screen/etc. But it's so fun, coordinating attacks at different parts of the level, choosing and upgrading your own character while they upgrade theirs, etc.

Edit: Oh, and it's everything in the game, as far as I can tell, post Chapter 2. So you can play the story from thereon with someone else, side missions, etc.

Sturm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
[QUOTE = "Hellsing, post: 258949, member: 3138"] Cambié un montón entre los modos 720p 60fps y 1080p 30fps en mi primer avance de la historia. Creo que me gustaron más los 1080p. [/ QUOTE]

The 30 fps of the game are solid as a rock, it is fluid, the best mode is 1080p and 30fps

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The co-op in this is REALLY fun.

BUT the mini-map for each player on the screen is ridiculously tiny, so it's often hard to tell who you are and where to go, and there's an obvious hit to frames per second/enemies on screen/etc. But it's so fun, coordinating attacks at different parts of the level, choosing and upgrading your own character while they upgrade theirs, etc.

Edit: Oh, and it's everything in the game, as far as I can tell, post Chapter 2. So you can play the story from thereon with someone else, side missions, etc.
Wicked! thanks for the reply been looking forward to playing this with my little brother who just got into fire emblem due to awakening. Was disappointed when the fate stay game didnt have multiplayer :(

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
This is prolly the most underrated Switch game. Gonna cook up a thread for this game.
Yeah, it's a bit weird. Outside of Fire Emblem communities I haven't heard or read much discussion about this game. They should have added dating.
Not really.

Who are you all enjoying controlling the most? I was split between Chrom/Corrin/Camilla (Wow, all Cs) but now I am having an absolute blast with Lyndis. They really captured the look and feel of her FE7 animations.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's a bit weird. Outside of Fire Emblem communities I haven't heard or read much discussion about this game. They should have added dating.
Not really.

Who are you all enjoying controlling the most? I was split between Chrom/Corrin/Camilla (Wow, all Cs) but now I am having an absolute blast with Lyndis. They really captured the look and feel of her FE7 animations.
Tiki is an absolute joy. Her normal combat moves are childish and amusing, but then you activate Awakening and "Graaaaar Raaaaaaaar! I'm a dragon!"

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just started the game. How the hell do I switch to the Japanese voices? I downloaded them on the eShop beforehand.