• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
All that's left to unlock is Anna. Do I have to get all the memories of a particular portrait to earn the unlock? The only place I haven't gone is the Shadow Dragon book, so that will probably be next once Odyssey's kung-fu grip is loosened.

I'm really loving the crap out of the game. Even though most of the seriously difficult History Mode maps boil down to "What are you doing out in the field fighting at a disadvantage? Defend the base so that you don't die!". "Oh great, now the base is overrun gotta deviate from the plan AND IT'S GONE"

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
Never played a Warriors game. Is it a good start for me? Thinking about buyning it after finishing with Odyssey and Yakuza 0.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
Never played a Warriors game. Is it a good start for me? Thinking about buyning it after finishing with Odyssey and Yakuza 0.
I think this is a good start for newbie since it got many elements from previous Warriors game, albeit some are simplified. While the moveset and character diversity is left to be desired, overall the quantity and quality is not bad for a newcomer. Also it's a good bonus if you happened to be familiar with FE characters.

Oct 25, 2017
I promoted a few units last night and holy moly. I picked Rowan first since he is my main lord. Next I picked Takumi because it is Takumi Emblem after all. Next was Ryoma because how can I not? Thinking next is going to be an axe and lance user. So Camilla/Fred and then Cordelia/Hinoka. Then I'll have to pick a main magic user and decide from there.

Also I guess it is time to start grinding supports for Paragon and all that fun stuff.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on chapter 9 playing on hard, does this game get any harder as so far it's a cake walk. It's soooo easy it's borderline boring.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
I'm on like chapter 15 on the main story and I've been doing some of the history mode for the master seals.
Just wondering though are there enough master seals for every character that you can use on the game or do I have to be selective with who gets promoted to their next class?
Been having a lot of fun with female Corrin lately and the final thing is where on earth are the materials for archers to get upgrades? Its a bit ridiculous that I've barely come across any as of yet.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on like chapter 15 on the main story and I've been doing some of the history mode for the master seals.
Just wondering though are there enough master seals for every character that you can use on the game or do I have to be selective with who gets promoted to their next class?

I haven't gotten them all yet, but people have said that there is enough if you count all the history mode ones.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm slowly but surely getting history mode done. Got a bunch of the personal weapon mats but I don't have enough of the other stuff for some of them.
Also, the bow-only level was a pain, since I don't have Anna yet. The pegasus-only one was a chore, too, what with Camilla being a midboss.

Is there any map just full of Archers? Getting the mats for them is proving rather scarce..

I got my archer mats from a Timed Onslaught in (I think) the Dark Pontifex map, the myrmidon one where Lucina and Oboro show up.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
I haven't gotten them all yet, but people have said that there is enough if you count all the history mode ones.
That is good to know I've been hoarding like 3 of them because I were concerned about whether there was enough or not. Thanks for answering that's going to let me get some of my other favourite characters promoted which is what I've been holding off on.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, got Lyn! That has been my goal for awhile now. That final battle got pretty intense. I guess now I'll level her up and start farming materials.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I still have to unlock Lyn, Celica, and Anna, but I'm absolutely loving this game as a combination Musou/Fire Emblem fan!

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played a Warrior's game so I had a couple of questions.

Is the combat more in depth than just button mashing buttons to slay hordes of enemies?

Is the game repetitive?

You can do variations of combos and they spice things up with added mechanics for some classes (Airtime gauge for pegasus knights, building up a instant crit spell as tome users, etc) and have the weapon triangle and certain weaknesses to worry about. But really, yeah you're pressing X and Y in different ways and that's really the basics of combat there. Aside from wiping out complete waves of enemies you also have to manage an entire battlefield and react to events happening to take care of them in real time. You can command units to attack enemy forts, defend NPC units in danger and so on and so forth. It's nothing as complex as a Fire Emblem game though!

There are different map types to vary things up (Arena maps, timed challenges, unit restricted battles) but most of those are in the game's History Mode. Despite the things from Fire Emblem they infused this game with, I'd say things do get repetitive yeah, that's the nature of these games. Making you feel like a badass wiping out hundreds of enemies in really flashy ways.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
You can do variations of combos and they spice things up with added mechanics for some classes (Airtime gauge for pegasus knights, building up a instant crit spell as tome users, etc) and have the weapon triangle and certain weaknesses to worry about. But really, yeah you're pressing X and Y in different ways and that's really the basics of combat there. Aside from wiping out complete waves of enemies you also have to manage an entire battlefield and react to events happening to take care of them in real time. You can command units to attack enemy forts, defend NPC units in danger and so on and so forth. It's nothing as complex as a Fire Emblem game though!

There are different map types to vary things up (Arena maps, timed challenges, unit restricted battles) but most of those are in the game's History Mode. Despite the things from Fire Emblem they infused this game with, I'd say things do get repetitive yeah, that's the nature of these games. Making you feel like a badass wiping out hundreds of enemies in really flashy ways.

And the Story Mode battles offer decent variety throughout, as well. Some offer fairly unique challenges, particularly for a Warriors game of any stripe. One of the main mechanics of the game is capturing bases by taking out their commanders, but one Story map has you fighting two rival armies at once, and you have to make sure that you're balancing out how you capture bases from each force so that neither gets too much stronger than the other. And in addition to the Weapon Triangle, there are other Fire Emblem touches like flying units being dangerous to archers, and healers can use various staff types to heal your allied units and vital allied NPCs. So yeah, you're doing a lot of flashy combos to take out as many enemies as you can, but there are a lot of touches to this game that Fire Emblem fans should really appreciate.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Lyn's moveset is really nice. I think she'll be my main from here on out.

The next character I'd like to unlock is Anna. What do I need to do for that?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Lyn's moveset is really nice. I think she'll be my main from here on out.

The next character I'd like to unlock is Anna. What do I need to do for that?

To my understanding, you first have to complete one of the illustrations to unlock a new History map (it doesn't matter which). On this map, Anna will offer a challenge for you to complete, and you'll unlock her if you complete it.

Oct 25, 2017
Camilla unpromoted has beasted for me a few maps in a row. Got a couple master seals as a result. Think she has earned being my axe user going forward.

Just unlocked the third History Mode map and there seem to be a couple Master Seals for S ranks that are right in my wheelhouse in terms of levels. Feels good progressing in this game.

I'm torn whether to just rush ahead and finish story mode or grind up some supports with Marth and Ryoma to get useful skills or chip away at History Mode here or there just S ranking things as I can. And then of course there are fun characters that are underleveled like Lissa that I enjoy using just to mess around on previously cleared maps.

Last edited:

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm on Chapter 9, just playing Normal, and it's a lot of fun. I'm quite enjoying it. It's too bad there are clones though.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Do their costumes change when you promote them?

Can you feel the difference like you can in the FE games?

God I hope so

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Do their costumes change when you promote them?

Can you feel the difference like you can in the FE games?

God I hope so
Yes, they do. Not dramatically, but their character models do get things like additional pieces of armor and such that distinguish them as promoted. This does not reflect in their character portraits (which is normal for Fire Emblem).

More importantly, a character must be promoted to have access to their full skill tree. Prior to promotion, each character only has access to roughly the first half. The promotion also comes with a one-time significant across-the-board stat boost.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have a save bug? Twice now, I've made edits to my crests, gone back to the main menu, and then closed the game, and the game didn't save any changes I made. I also don't see anywhere I can manually save. Does anyone know when the game's autosave kicks in?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Does this game have a save bug? Twice now, I've made edits to my crests, gone back to the main menu, and then closed the game, and the game didn't save any changes I made. I also don't see anywhere I can manually save. Does anyone know when the game's autosave kicks in?
As far as I'm aware, it only autosaves after finishing a battle.

SpScarecrow

Oct 27, 2017
Juat finished the story amd it was okay. It served it's purpose im bringing everyone together even though events felt rushed. Now I'm playing History mode and grinding story maps with the exp blessing to level my lower leveled. Question is male Corrin's class still Nohr noble? I'm hoping it's Hoshido noble so we get the whome black/white theme between the two Corrins

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
I beat story mode on classic/hard right before Odyssey was released. Overall, I really enjoyed it! I think it's a good step forward from Hyrule Warriors and I hope it does well enough for a sequel. Some quick thoughts:
  • Why does the game constantly warn you to rest your eyes and take a break? Or was I just playing it too much?
  • At first I found the start-stop gameplay to be jarring, and was worried about pausing so much, but I eventually got used to it. It helped when I turned off level up cut-ins.
  • I never got the order down when it came to character switching. I would just randomly flip through until I hit the one I wanted. Could you switch on the pause screen?
  • I wasn't a fan of the character stills at the beginning and end of chapters. In my opinion, they just looked a bit generic. I would have preferred a more hand-drawn look.
  • Much of the English VO was fine by me, but Xander, Tiki, and Frederick's felt slightly off. The Japanese VO seems good, but at the cost of relevant info while in battle.
  • The cutscenes were excellent -- more of these, fewer character portraits.
  • Way too much dialogue about friendship. It didn't affect my enjoyment, but it felt very over the top to me.
  • For the sequel, I would like to see the Radiant games, FE6+7, and FE Switch be the three focus series. I would love to see Eliwood/Roy and Hector/Lilina supports.

Grads

Oct 25, 2017
When do A rank weapons start dropping?
Unlock A rank weapons by beating the Brave Weapon prized battles in History mode.
  • Much of the English VO was fine by me, but Xander, Tiki, and Frederick's felt slightly off. The Japanese VO seems good, but

I didn't find Frederick to be bad, Xander sounded like he was battling a sickness thou. Tiki's voice felt like she belonged in a Xenoblade game.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I beat story mode on classic/hard right before Odyssey was released. Overall, I really enjoyed it! I think it's a good step forward from Hyrule Warriors and I hope it does well enough for a sequel. Some quick thoughts:
  • Why does the game constantly warn you to rest your eyes and take a break? Or was I just playing it too much?
  • At first I found the start-stop gameplay to be jarring, and was worried about pausing so much, but I eventually got used to it. It helped when I turned off level up cut-ins.
  • I never got the order down when it came to character switching. I would just randomly flip through until I hit the one I wanted. Could you switch on the pause screen?
  • I wasn't a fan of the character stills at the beginning and end of chapters. In my opinion, they just looked a bit generic. I would have preferred a more hand-drawn look.
  • Much of the English VO was fine by me, but Xander, Tiki, and Frederick's felt slightly off. The Japanese VO seems good, but at the cost of relevant info while in battle.
  • Way too much dialogue about friendship. It didn't affect my enjoyment, but it felt very over the top to me.
  • For the sequel, I would like to see the Radiant games, FE6+7, and FE Switch be the three focus series. I would love to see Eliwood/Roy and Hector/Lilina supports.
Yeah, you can select a unit on the pause screen and then Control under its options, assuming it's one of your four player units.

And I really do like the voice acting, too. A couple of the voices could maybe be a bit better, but people that say that the voice acting is awful are really exaggerating.

Drilbit

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I enjoyed the english VO in the game, the only one i really preferred in japanese was Hinoka though i got used to the english voice after a while. At first i preferred Camilas japanese VA though its kinda missing the seductive tone the english one had.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't find Frederick to be bad, Xander sounded like he was battling a sickness thou. Tiki's voice felt like she belonged in a Xenoblade game.

I think there were only a few lines of Frederick's that felt off to me, but most were good. Tiki, to be fair, I didn't use much. I agree about Xander; he was the main one that just didn't work for me. Somehow Ryoma's voice conveyed a sense of leadership and poise. Xander did not feel equal in that regard.

Yeah, you can select a unit on the pause screen and then Control under its options, assuming it's one of your four player units.

And I really do like the voice acting, too. A couple of the voices could maybe be a bit better, but people that say that the voice acting is awful are really exaggerating.

Thanks, that character switch tip will certainly help when I do History Mode.

Regarding the voice acting, I also enjoyed it -- I thought nearly every character sounded great. I think part of it for me, when I felt the VO didn't work, was just familiarity and continuity from the original games. It's not something I normally focus on very much. But, that said, Echoes presentation quality was just so good that I want to see more of that moving forward, even in spinoffs.

Edit: It looks like many voice actors reprise their roles actually. I am curious to look more into it and spend more time with the game as DLC comes out. Hope I haven't rushed through too quickly due to Odyssey.

Last edited:

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
The VA did great work imo.

I kinda hope there are surprises with the DLC like Hyrule Warriors had. I haven't bought the season pass yet, I'll just wait til it's out.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the story mode, even on hard it was way too easy. Last boss was kind of a joke.

Sakura and Leo are my favourites to play as. Lianna is also a ton of fun.

Going to delve in the history maps next.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on chapter 17 now and I'm still on the fence about this game. On the one hand it's a ton of fun to smash through waves of enemies, but it gets kind of annoying when enemies seem to spawn in out of nowhere right next to you.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the story mode, even on hard it was way too easy. Last boss was kind of a joke.

Sakura and Leo are my favourites to play as. Lianna is also a ton of fun.

Going to delve in the history maps next.
Yeah I've been playing on Hard from the start and honestly the only real problem was being one-shotted by archers as a flying unit. (Resist Mortal Blow crests null that completely though..)

I've been mixing my play, between Story and the first History map - trying to get a feel on what 4 units I want to put ahead of the others in terms of leveling up/material usage.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
All that's left to unlock is Anna. Do I have to get all the memories of a particular portrait to earn the unlock? The only place I haven't gone is the Shadow Dragon book, so that will probably be next once Odyssey's kung-fu grip is loosened.
You get Anna from
the battle unlocked from the Awakening picture.

I like Lucina but her and chrom are just clones which makes me wonder why did they even bother putting him in the game? I like chrom but im dissapointed hes just a clone.
Chrom was actually the first character developed. Koei's staff actually didn't want to include Lucina, but they were pressured by IS and so settled with making her a clone.

They actually kind of messed up too, since her battle animations in Awakening and Fates are actually shared with Marth, not Chrom.

Drilbit

Oct 25, 2017
You get Anna from
the battle unlocked from the Awakening picture.

Chrom was actually the first character developed. Koei's staff actually didn't want to include Lucina, but they were pressured by IS and so settled with making her a clone.

They actually kind of messed up too, since her battle animations in Awakening and Fates are actually shared with Marth, not Chrom.
Huh thats pretty interesting, i think the best thing they could have done is just make lucina into an alt costume for chrom but thats pretty weird they didn't just make her a clone from marth.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Not sure if its a bug or a design oversight, but it doesn't automatically save after messing around in the convoy/camp. I noticed it will if you back out to the title screen, so I always do that before closing the game.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
Man I am having a blast with History Mode. Thought I'd put the game down after I cleared the Story yesterday so that I can play Mario but I can't put the game down. Only thing I'm not too fond of is the kill as many enemies as possible trials.