• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
A story is more satisfying/less confusing to wrap their heads aorund if there's just 1 ending rather than 3 is all. That said, it's easiest to perceive all 3 paths as canon.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
If there is even a "canon" ending, it would probably be the big DLC campaign they talked about. You control all three houses or something like that.
It's side story
j698LoD.jpg

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
I keep seeing people saying there are actually four paths, not just three. Going to be playing this game for quite awhile - replay value is absurd

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Guys there is no canon path, pick whatever you like and even then having read the spoilers I very much disagree.

Well, like I said before, you barely get to know these people so you're pretty much solely choosing on character designs. Considering it's a 60 hour game or something you tend to want more info because it's a big decision. I also read most reviewers were doing Black Eagle and it's the one that seems to be advertised the most in Nintendo's own PR. That's why I thought it might be the most 'canon' or the one that Nintendo invested the most resources in.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cyril likely has a personal skill that effectively ups his growth rates, because yeah otherwise he's fucking useless lol

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Just a heads up, Amazon has the special edition back up for pre order

I haven't redeemed my voucher yet and I really want to bite on this but my Amazon packages always show up pretty late in the day and I am not going to be home until late in the evening on Friday. I hate to leave that package sitting out all day plus I would like to play for a couple hours tomorrow night. Hmmm I have a dilemma here...

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Well, like I said before, you barely get to know these people so you're pretty much solely choosing on character designs. Considering it's a 60 hour game or something you tend to want more info because it's a big decision. I also read most reviewers were doing Black Eagle and it's the one that seems to be advertised the most in Nintendo's own PR. That's why I thought it might be the most 'canon' or the one that Nintendo invested the most resources in.
I've actually seen a lot of ppl go golden deer

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He does, but even with it he's on the lower end of growth totals, and has bad spell lists. Pretty meh overall.
Yeah, saw aptitude on the skill list on Serenes. Like he technically has the highest total growths with aptitude since it adds 20% to each growth, but the spread is still really unoptimized and not great, plus he doesn't get an actual useful personal skill (since theoretically he could just have had the 20% baked in since personal skills aren't unequippable anyways I believe)

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
How do I know which classes are best for my students do I just how with what I want? And can I mix and match classes for a student without consequences

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
not surprised that the aptitude user is nerfed, same thing happened in fates, aptitude itself was only half the bonus from awakening and as a reuslt Mozu's growth rates were not special compared to Donnel

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Wave 3: Additional quests and costumes, plus a free update, will be released by Dec. 31. Seems like Lunatic mode will be added when Wave 3 is available.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
any info on how stat caps work and vary between characters and classes?
i dont like how in the 3ds games everyone basically has the same stats if you grind them out

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
not surprised that the aptitude user is nerfed, same thing happened in fates, aptitude itself was only half the bonus from awakening and as a reuslt Mozu's growth rates were not special compared to Donnel
Aptitude has the same boost as in awakening, it's just that Donnel's base growths absolutely shit all over Cyril's

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
People are so focused on min/maxing, it's so weird. Save that stuff for your second playthrough. Have some fun :P

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know a whole lot about the story beyond what's in the marketing, but I do hope there'll be a lot of discussion regarding which side was more right or at least less wrong :P but like I said I don't know much about the story, so it might even be clear cut without a whole lot of room for discussion.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Aptitude has the same boost as in awakening, it's just that Donnel's base growths absolutely shit all over Cyril's

yeah but the end result is similar, the default aptitude user doenst compare to Donnel in either Fates or here.
edit: Then again Donnel was a beast on hard and below not even held back by his downsides on the main campaign: bad classes and low stat caps

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
People are so focused on min/maxing, it's so weird. Save that stuff for your second playthrough. Have some fun :P

I can't have fun unless I'm min/maxing because everything I do feels "wrong". 😭

Usually I will restart games like this part way through once I get a hang of the systems and then min/max from the start through the rest of the game.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yeah but the end result is similar, the aptitude user doenst compare to Donnel in either Fates or here.
that's fair. Aptitude as a personal skill instead of a class skill or other type of equippable skill is also weird here, since at that point you might as well just have had high base growths and an actually useful skill

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Edelgard is honestly still worse than Dimitri in most scenarios, since his stats and growths are better optimized
I agree, but as the game is really flexible with the class change, it seems to me that Edelgard will be more easy to reclass as she seems to have good growths on almost everything. From the 3 lords, Edelgard seems the only one that will be able to change to magic classes easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.