• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Was Hero always a genderlocked class? I want to say no, but I can't recall any female heroes off the top of my head...

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Did the Golden Deer's Plea chapter in Blue Lions route:
Things are definitely getting easier, and that's more apparent now that there are no crazy monsters on the map. I imagine this is another chapter that's tougher on higher difficulty. The Warrior-woman who was the first line on the way to Claude barely needed any help. First I was like, I need to rush my flyers over there to save him. Then it was, I need to rush my flyers there to keep this Warrior from sucking up all the EXP. Ingrid still scraped MVP somehow despite Dedue and Dimitri putting in more work.

Next, the finale against the Death Knight. Dimitri's been hauling around a horse-slayer lance just for this occasion.

LifeLike

Oct 31, 2017
I am playing Fire Emblem for the first time. Hard/Classic. I am stuck at Chapter 12 with BESF. Help me.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Was Hero always a genderlocked class? I want to say no, but I can't recall any female heroes off the top of my head...
Nope, it's really stupid, especially when everyone can be a mercenary. Same goes for the dark mage or any of the other gender-locked class.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fated did away with genderlocked classed but then they brought it back for no reason.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Ummm, so I just completed one of the early paralogues, the one with Shamir and Alois, and my reward bugged out? I sent the large bullion to the convoy, and now I'm at the item shop to sell it, and it's not there. It's not in anyone's inventory, and not in the convoy.

What the hell? Has this happened to anyone else?

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Ummm, so I just completed one of the early paralogues, the one with Shamir and Alois, and my reward bugged out? I sent the large bullion to the convoy, and now I'm at the item shop to sell it, and it's not there. It's not in anyone's inventory, and not in the convoy.

What the hell? Has this happened to anyone else?

Its posible you selected first no then yes (i did it once without thinking) when that happens the first "no" rejects sending it to the convoy, and the "yes" accepts throwing it away

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Bernie's A Support with you is hilarious.

I love that it lets you playfully tease her. All three responses to her need for you to accompany her to new places being "I'll follow at a distance", "I'll be with you in spirit", "perhaps we should ask another professor" had me cracking up.

Heavily tempted to S-rank her now.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Ooooh like special costumes?

I'd be all over that.

Costumes would be cool, but SS rewarded you with playable boss units for every floor of the tower you completed so I was thinking more along those lines. Playable DK could be a reward.

Seems like it would be the easiest way to add a postgame as the lack of one is notable, particularly after the great postgame dungeon SoV had.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Lol Ch. 17 Crimson Flower Battle took me 62 turns. I lost Shamir super early and needed to play it cautious. Still, no other battle has even taken 20 turns. I've finished so many under 10. How weird

benj

Oct 27, 2017
whoa—the beginning of chapter 2 is way more interesting in the GD route than BE-E. what the hell

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Yeah... I can finally agree that going back to the Monastery after the timeskip is dumb lol should've been a different location. Byleth walking around like, "If the Sauna aint open then this place really gotta go." And Byleth shouldn't even be wearing the same outfit LOL

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
GD Chapter 15

Just realized, where the hell is Alois? I dont think Ive seen him for the past few chapters now...

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
blue lions haunted house
golden deer maid and butler cafe
black eagles band performance

Dorothea doing fortune telling
Raph with his own food stall but he keeps eating his own merchandise
Lorenz and Ferdinand both playing the part of the noble hero in the school play at the same time

Yes, give me this AU

You need to recruit him pre-time skip.

Seriously? No wonder I found that option odd since in BE-C they just automatically join you after chapter 11. I'm thankful I ended up recruiting everyone else.

So much for that promise you made to my father Alois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sexy knight mario ruined my perfect recruitment route >:(

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
iggy working on a mural but can't decide who should model the goddess

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
you know what, the war half doesn't have nearly enough flashbacks to the carefree school life parts (where you were still sallying forth and murdering those who rose their hands against the church but whatever)

Oct 27, 2017
Spoiler for chapter 15 Black Eagles run but it was weird to me that Flayn
called Seteth brother in a scene where they could be exchanging heartfelt final goodbyes. I already got the paralogue scene where they revealed he's her father

Only 3 chapters to go. Love the game but I'm getting burnt out. Any better advice than grind paralogues and spend a day doing meals post skip?

May put the game down after I beat this route before 2nd run. I hoped to play it until Zelda next month but idk. My PS4 backlog is screaming for attention lol

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Quoting myself from the spoiler thread

So given the Korean poll being so odd, who would everyone choose for their top 5 male/female characters?

For me, women:
1. Edelgard
2. Dorothea
3. Petra
4. Lysithea
5. Marianne

Men:
1. Hanneman
2. Sylvain
3. Claude
4. Linhardt
5. Hubert

Tentatively of course as I haven't seen much of the BL/Church characters.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The joke poll in Bronson's thread has 2.5x and counting as many votes as the Korean poll lol

FEH isn't even officially in Korea!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Fuck yeah, finally beat the final battle on Hard / Classic for BL without losing anyone. Dear lord that was actually very tough. It's an insane difficulty spike considering every other battle was pretty damn easy in comparison.

That ending was horrendous, though. Such a let down.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Fuck yeah, finally beat the final battle on Hard / Classic for BL without losing anyone. Dear lord that was actually very tough. It's an insane difficulty spike considering every other battle was pretty damn easy in comparison.

That ending was horrendous, though. Such a let down.

What did you not like? So far its my favorite ending since it is bittersweet. Admittedly, I only finished BL and BEC routes, currently on GD.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
What did you not like? So far its my favorite ending since it is bittersweet. Admittedly, I only finished BL and BEC routes, currently on GD.

I didn't really dislike the way Edelgard went out, that was expected but I would have enjoyed a longer end cutscene. I was also expecting some sort of playable epilogue to interact with everyone and I was under the assumption S-tier support lines would have been done at this time considering it says S supports would happen after the war ended, but apparently that just means it's the person you can choose to marry. Speaking of that it just seems so out of place considering this wasn't like Persona where flirting and hooking up with classmates was really done much so just to abruptly ask someone to marry you at the end with some dialogue felt weird and rushed. I also didn't like just getting a short written paragraph for each ally. I spent a long time interacting with these people and creating bonds, I would rather just leave it to the imagination on their future if the alternative is doing it so half-assed. Like, it was depressing reading that Dimitri succumbing to an illness and dying and him and Dedue being buried next to each other. I didn't need to know that, certainly in such a quick note done so nonchalantly. If you're going to delve into stuff like that you need to own it and put effort into creating a better ending for some closure.

I guess my expectations for these kinda things are always too grand, though. I continually get disappointed with video game endings usually and it's rare for a dev to get it right, at least for me.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I can finally agree that going back to the Monastery after the timeskip is dumb lol should've been a different location. Byleth walking around like, "If the Sauna aint open then this place really gotta go." And Byleth shouldn't even be wearing the same outfit LOL
Yeah I'm reaching the end of the Golden Deer campaign and I feel like the wind has been taken out of my sails. The monastery feels like it's being wasted. Should've either changed locations, or given you new activities to do (like rebuilding). As is it feels like a massive chore. Same with the side battles. I'm on hard and I steamroll everything. This game could've used more mission variety.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Yeah I'm reaching the end of the Golden Deer campaign and I feel like the wind has been taken out of my sails. The monastery feels like it's being wasted. Should've either changed locations, or given you new activities to do (like rebuilding). As is it feels like a massive chore. Same with the side battles. I'm on hard and I steamroll everything. This game could've used more mission variety.

"Garreg Mach has been destroyed! The Monastery has been totally destroyed!"

Byleth walks in expecting dead bodies and destruction everywhere.

"Not really."

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really dislike the way Edelgard went out, that was expected but I would have enjoyed a longer end cutscene. I was also expecting some sort of playable epilogue to interact with everyone and I was under the assumption S-tier support lines would have been done at this time considering it says S supports would happen after the war ended, but apparently that just means it's the person you can choose to marry. Speaking of that it just seems so out of place considering this wasn't like Persona where flirting and hooking up with classmates was really done much so just to abruptly ask someone to marry you at the end with some dialogue felt weird and rushed. I also didn't like just getting a short written paragraph for each ally. I spent a long time interacting with these people and creating bonds, I would rather just leave it to the imagination on their future if the alternative is doing it so half-assed. Like, it was depressing reading that Dimitri succumbing to an illness and dying and him and Dedue being buried next to each other. I didn't need to know that, certainly in such a quick note done so nonchalantly. If you're going to delve into stuff like that you need to own it and put effort into creating a better ending for some closure.

I guess my expectations for these kinda things are always too grand, though. I continually get disappointed with video game endings usually and it's rare for a dev to get it right, at least for me.

Yeah, I've never been a huge fan of the short little paragraph endings Fire Emblem's known for either, but I guess that's the price you pay for having so many characters with so many different possible ending combinations.

I thought the Dimitri/Dedue one was touching, but I do agree that it's quite a whiplash to fast forward from "yay they won!" to "btw they died later" so quickly lol. Like, thanks game I really needed the reminder that nothing lasts forever and time is cruel. ;_;

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
hey have you heard the rumour if you go to the goddess tower on the night of the ball your greatest wishes will be fulfilled?
>byleth goes to the goddess tower on the night of the ball
>there's a fucking line out the door, seteth is at the end of the line with a sign saying 'end of the line is here' trying to maintain order

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Post-timeskip and have roughly seven thousand A supports to watch. I only got through half before calling it a night.