• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Starting my first NG+ route, went GD since I didn't recruit a single member of them in my BE-E route, decided to change language to English to see how the voice acting his like in comparison.

Little pet peeve but I hate that the game treats you like you're a new player after clearly acknowledged this is at the very least your second playthrough, stop showing me the goddamn tutorial menus!

Yeah, I have no idea why that's a thing on NG+. Slowly working my way through the 4th route and it makes the first few chapters a slog.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, Marianne's A support. That hurts, especially going to other routes with that knowledge. Guess I have to recruit her every time now.

Oct 25, 2017
So why the hell does divine pulse not undo critical hits? The whole purpose I thought was to help undo BS like that. Stupid beasts keep killing Byleth and cant rewind it...

It is not to mitigate randomness. Most of the randomness in this game, and the series, uses RNG tables, which is demonstrable with the certification RNG. You are supposed to rewind to improve your strategy and act to the higher standards of classic mode, not rewind to abuse luck in your favor.

Oh god, Marianne's A support. That hurts, especially going to other routes with that knowledge. Guess I have to recruit her every time now.

You should recruit her every time so you get to do her S-tier Paralogue.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I've actively avoided killing other students if I can during my Crimson Flower run. I spared every Golden Deer and thought I would be able to do the same with the Blue Lions but then I cleared an entire map and Ingrid was still there so I did what had to be done. Felt kind of bad.

It's funny cause I bodied Cyril without a thought

I'm on the last map I think, and talk about difficulty spike. This shit is straight up cheap lol

Same. I was like "Oh Cyril is here?" and then Bernie woopsie-daisied a crit on him and he was gone forever.

There seems like there must be alternate dialogues for whether you kill students or not. I was also surprised to see some characters have MULTIPLE battle dialogues if they fight their old friends. Ingrid had one that was actually a whole (angry) mini-support.

Maybe I recruited too many of them, but it's weird I defeated the GD without ever fighting Raphael or Lorenz. Just Hilda showed up.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Well I feel like it should reroll criticals - that part has nothing to do with strategy

Anyways, got absolutely owned on the paralouge Tales of the red canyon. First time I had to restart a mission so far.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Well I feel like it should reroll criticals - that part has nothing to do with strategy

Anyways, got absolutely owned on the paralouge Tales of the red canyon. First time I had to restart a mission so far.

Then why have criticals at all if you can just redo a move until you get one to kill harder monsters in one shot?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Same. I was like "Oh Cyril is here?" and then Bernie woopsie-daisied a crit on him and he was gone forever.

There seems like there must be alternate dialogues for whether you kill students or not. I was also surprised to see some characters have MULTIPLE battle dialogues if they fight their old friends. Ingrid had one that was actually a whole (angry) mini-support.

Maybe I recruited too many of them, but it's weird I defeated the GD without ever fighting Raphael or Lorenz. Just Hilda showed up.

Yeah, about the character specific dialogue depending on who they fight

I recruited Felix and specifically had him kill his father when that battle came. Call me heartless but it seemed like that was meant to be

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

The point is that you know that crit is coming, so you can do something else to avoid it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
"Man, I can't believe Sylvain and Felix suck so much at using magic. I spent forever trying to get them to Mortal Savant and Dark Knight, and their spells don't do that much damage."

*realizes that they've both had -3 Magic battalions equipped for like the whole game since they were never able to use magic until recently*

"Oh, huh"

benj

Oct 27, 2017
god. I just got an 8-point level up on Hilda and was absolutely over the moon...until I realized it wasn't actually on Hilda. it was on her twerp twit of an adjutant, Cyril. i hate the small man with my life

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
"Man, I can't believe Sylvain and Felix suck so much at using magic. I spent forever trying to get them to Mortal Savant and Dark Knight, and their spells don't do that much damage."

*realizes that they've both had -3 Magic battalions equipped for like the whole game since they were never able to use magic until recently*

"Oh, huh"

Wait...omg...the battalions modify your stats? This is an embarrassing realization 65hrs in...

benj

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, Felix skill goes from being one of the best passives (free important stats) to one of the worst passives (might as well not exist since he, like everyone else, benefits more from an upgraded battalion than he would from his passive)

testament to how nutso his growths are that that doesn't even really matter to him

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Lol the game just threw 5 paralogues at me at the same time. At least this first one (petra/bernie) is on a new map. I am so freaking tired of seeing repeat maps.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a direct is likely next month, anyone else hoping they announce wave 1 from the DLC + Lunatic there?

Edit: wave 2

i want them to announce all my tropey bullshit DLC. beach episode DLC. sports day DLC. battle of the bands DLC. let's fucking go

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Second playthrough done, took 31 hours. Not bad considering the first one took me 95 hours.
Blue Lions has a much better story and cast honestly, I regret being tricked into Golden Deer first by Joe Zieja's memes.

Think I'll stop there for now though, the other house can wait until the DLC is out so I don't burn out.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
i want them to announce all my tropey bullshit DLC. beach episode DLC. sports day DLC. battle of the bands DLC. let's fucking go

I want my dlc that adds more events to the monastery. Ideally I want some kind of event where I can make 3-4 characters not named Byleth hang out to build supports. Meals are losing their luster with Byleth as an A rank with 95% of my army.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I getting up to an hour of supports after every battle phase.
I will never beat this game.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Uggggghhhh, man fuck Chapter 6 man

Had no clue that killing all of the enemies would immediately cause Death Knight to leave. why in the fuck did they even hide Dark Seals behind this dude

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I want my dlc that adds more events to the monastery. Ideally I want some kind of event where I can make 3-4 characters not named Byleth hang out to build supports. Meals are losing their luster with Byleth as an A rank with 95% of my army.

true, i want support grinding DLC. Open that damn sauna already!

ciD_Vain

Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles
I just started NG+ and only now just realized that the pixel are of Byleth in the loading screen moves with gyro.

I chose Black Eagles this time. I already miss my Golden Deer weirdos already!

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Uggggghhhh, man fuck Chapter 6 man

Had no clue that killing all of the enemies would immediately cause Death Knight to leave. why in the fuck did they even hide Dark Seals behind this dude

Pretty sure the objectives said
either kill the DK or kill all other enemies

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm relatively new to Switch life. Do you need to have a Switch Online subscription to be able to get the dlc?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Heading toward the timeskip with the Golden Deer.

Buckle up, buttercup. Here we go!