• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
5yqqtvjudug31.png

Hmm

images

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving the game but at the same time it's becoming a bit slow. And I miss conquest's difficulty and tight map design. I hope the lunatic difficulty delivers, I'm saving the other 2 houses for that.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Damn, I didn't know you could recruit some members post time-skip. Just recruited Lysithea and only now I realise that she has a whole bunch of supports with the Black Eagles. Doubt I'll have nearly enough time to see them which really sucks.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Chapter 17 BL

Why is the alliance fighting me? That doesn't make any tactical sense on their end. I didn't attack them at all. How fucking dumb are they?
Canonically it's meant to be because Dimitri doesn't give a damn if the allience gets hurt as long as he get's to Edelguard, and Because the battlefeild is so chaotic that nobody can tell freind from foe. Unfortunetly that doesn't translate to the actual gameplay, in which it's a 3 way battle for no real reason beyond mimiking the battle of the lion and eagle. If Claude attacks Dimitri, you get a very simple "Please get out of the way Dimitri" only for Dimitri to tell him to basically get fucked.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
A little question regarding the support between Edelgard and Lysithea:

It suggests in their B support that both have lost the colouration of their hair due to their double crests. Is there any mention in any other support what was their original hair colour ?

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still liking the game but how people are playing it through multiple times back to back I don't know, I'll need a long break before I can start another route. I think they should honestly have had more characters unique to each house

I'm blazing through my second playthough thanks to new game + letting you buy back professor levels (and other stuff). Also I'm just really curious what happens in the other routes. I've been starting then skipping the supports I've already seen, saves a ton of time.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the BE-E route. The pacing in the latter half was all sorts of wack but ultimately it felt like a decent wrap up.

Wish we'd taken on TWSitD but I guess Edel's route focus was entirely on Rhea, of whom we didn't see too much of in the second half. It felt like the route was simultaneously too long and too short. Loved the characters though, so I didn't mind it all too much.

I ended up pairing my fByleth with Edelgard because it felt so damn right.

Shamir ended up becoming Robin Hood, Alois a farmer living with his family, Hubert did stuff alone, as did Manuela and Hanneman.

Leonie and Felix ended up together in a sweet relationship that ended with them becoming street performers. Didn't see that coming for Felix.

Lysithea ended up alone despite my efforts to get her together with Linhardt, I guess she ended up dying :( . Linhardt and Dorothea ended up together in what seemed like a fun marriage.

Caspar and Petra also got together somehow. Their supports were genuinely amazing so I don't mind. And lastly, Ferdie and Bernie ended up together. They did alright.

I started newgame+ and already feel like shit, gonna miss those kids.
I got the same basic endings except
Leonie ends up alone and basically becomes the second Jeralt, and Dorothea goes back to Brigid with Petra and it's kind of implied that they go on to hook up. I was kind of bummed that Manuela ended up alone in the end.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
A little question regarding the support between Edelgard and Lysithea:

It suggests in their B support that both have lost the colouration of their hair due to their double crests. Is there any mention in any other support what was their original hair colour ?

We see Edelgard's original hair color in a cut scene in the BL route. I don't think they've ever showed Lysithea's original hair color though.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody pointed this out in FE vs X2 thread, Three Houses really doesn't make transition from cutscene to battle well. Often you get a cutscene, then the game hard skip to battle straightaway with preparation screen. In Path of Radiance for instance, here's how many of the battles begin.

Characters enter into the map, sometimes have conversations, and then only preparation screen pops up for the battle to begin. I think the 3DS Fire Emblem suffered from the same issue but at least I can excuse those for being handheld games. But Three Houses being a console title, I wish they have devote extra time making the transition more smooth. Some major battles in the second half, I fully expect more of the pre-battle happenings but no, nothing. Just jump to combat straight away from a cutscene barely showing how they got there and how enemies react to their arrival.

Chapter 4 spoiler:

It's too quick of a transition.

Last edited:

eujuan

Oct 29, 2017
Finally finished the game after 76 hours. Made sure to get as many students as possible/max them out. Overall I enjoyed the game but its far from perfect. I enjoyed the intensity of the second half but the calender/monastery really dragged the experience. They really should have added something different to the monastery to reward the player for continuing the explore option. Rebuilding mechanics, new mini games or a new location altogether would have helped make it more interesting.
Story wise I felt the golden deer was serviceable but not particularly interesting. Thankfully the characters were likeable enough to keep me wanting to see the end.
The main character is an incredibly boring "Mary sue" type. Thankfully Claude took the limelight for most scenes as Byleth awkwardly fist thrusted the air. I really hope they stop the silent protagonists going forward.
To finish I highly recommend playing on a harder difficultly. I played it on normal and regretted it. Each battle was far too easy and lost all intensity at the end. I'm going to have a break from the game now but play new game+ on a harder difficulty with the black eagles next!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Guys what is everyones "canon" pairings? I hear Dimitri x Marianne and Ashe x Annette a lot. What else?

Super facts

Lorenz x Manuela <3
Linhardt x Lysithea
Sylvain x Ingrid
Felix x Annette

For realz though:
Dimitri x Dedue

I never managed to recruit Marianne to BL, and I'm not replaying just for supports, so I never saw that one.
I'm on Golden Deer now, and this house is a hot mess compared to BL. I didn't like any of the A supports with Byleth that I've seen so far, so I might just make my original dream come true and marry Dio Seteth.
I literally recruited everyone this time around, so let's see what my extensive research in supportology will unearth this time!

There's that one Mercedes support where she literally calls someone (I think Felix? Maybe Ashe? I don't remember) her big brother repeatedly and it's super-awkward

Felix barks at her, and she apologizes for treating him like she does, explaining that he reminds her of her younger brother, who she is separated from. Yes, it's a play on the "big sis" cliché, but especially knowing how (kinda) relevant her brother is in the game, I'll allow it.

When will Dimitri ever be good at telling jokes

I swear this guy is just as much of a massive dork as Edelgard lol

I don't see anyone ever mention the Alois x Dimitri supports, so I'll do it for you.
Alois x Dimitri. Do it.
EBB3IFwXoAAiznu

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, I was not expecting the Golden Deer crew to turn into Power Rangers after the time skip.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Guys what is everyones "canon" pairings? I hear Dimitri x Marianne and Ashe x Annette a lot. What else?

On the Gay Eagles route it's definitely
Female Byleth x Edelgard
Hubert x Ferdinand
Petra x Dorothea
Linhardt x Caspar
Just need to find someone for poor Bernie. I really like her with Hubert but the coffee/tea date bros are hard to pass up.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Somebody pointed this out in FE vs X2 thread, Three Houses really doesn't make transition from cutscene to battle well. Often you get a cutscene, then the game hard skip to battle straightaway with preparation screen.
You also sometimes get lengthy loading screens between significant events. It's kind of off putting at times.

Edit: I'm an old fart, I've seen it all in my long gamer life, so I don't really mind, but some of those events are weirdly paced because of that.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I'm still a bit confused.

With the tea party, if you get all three questions correct and then the fourth question correct, then you can nod, joke, banter etc.

How long does this go on for? What's the point of it?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been intentionally pairing anyone together like in Fates and Awakening, except for Byleth, I think the series is better without that nonsense personally

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm still a bit confused.

With the tea party, if you get all three questions correct and then the fourth question correct, then you can nod, joke, banter etc.

How long does this go on for? What's the point of it?

It lasts indefinitely and the point is to take pictures of your waifu. There was something similar in Fates.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone help with some of the lost items I'm having trouble with?

I'm using a guide for them and am currently in the "Horsebow Moon" month, but the guide says there are two items in the Training Grounds, Gardening Shears and Black Leather Gloves, that simply are not there. I also found a post on gamefaqs saying they were next to Catherine but there's nothing there.

Also, I have an item from this month, and an item from the second month, for Hilda but whenever I talk to Hilda the Lost Item option NEVER appears.

Do those missing items only appear partway through the month? And can you only give items to Hilda on certain weekends?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to make of the fact that Jeralt is related to Michael Eisner, it seems like a weird way to tie in the game to the real world but I guess it means I should start looking for hidden Mickeys

I'm using a guide for them and am currently in the "Horsebow Moon" month, but the guide says there are two items in the Training Grounds, Gardening Shears and Black Leather Gloves, that simply are not there. I also found a post on gamefaqs saying they were next to Catherine but there's nothing there.

Also, I have an item from this month, and an item from the second month, for Hilda but whenever I talk to Hilda the Lost Item option NEVER appears.

Do those missing items only appear partway through the month? And can you only give items to Hilda on certain weekends?
You're looking at the wrong guide, the lost items are different depending on what house you choose. You can't give items to the other house leaders and their second-in-commands because they can't be recruited

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

In black eagles route Hilda can only be recruited like the last day before the time skip
you also can't recruit her at all if you take Edelgard's route at the split

You can recruit her earlier in the blue lions route apparently but I've not played it to confirm

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey

You can only pick up one lost item for each respective character at a time. You need to give it to the character and then the next one for the person will appear if you are far enough into the game. If you've been hoarding items they aren't all going to show up.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I don't see how Lysithea gets a better ending than with Hanneman, it's amazing and really sweet. Maybe with Linhardt but I haven't seen it.

Dorothea and Petra is also incredible, but I have a feeling Dorothea has several good endings. Dorothea x a woman is definitely canon though.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
Female Byleth x Edelgard
Hubert x Ferdinand
Petra x Dorothea
Linhardt x Caspar
Just need to find someone for poor Bernie. I really like her with Hubert but the coffee/tea date bros are hard to pass up.
I also liked these, but failed to get Linhardt and Caspar since I benched the latter. His ending with Bernie was cool, though, and she deserves happiness.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
The fuck... just beat my 2nd playthrough with BL. The fuck was that?
So we just going to let those secret wizards run away and do nothing!?
Well if they want to do a sequel they can easily make that the canon ending. Now to do my 3rd play with GD.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Is attacking more than once still determined by your speed stat? because my Hilda has quite high speed and literally never attacks twice except against armour knights.. Is it something to do with weight?
A unit does a "follow-up" (double attack) if said unit Attack Speed (AS) is superior or equal to the opponent Attack Speed + 4.

Attack Speed isn't straightforward, but the formula is relatively simple. IIRC:
AS = Spd - (Weight - Str/5)

Weight being the total equipment weight (equipped weapon + equipped item).

The concept is that it's the speed minus the weight with said weight mitigated by the strength (the stronger the unit, the more weight the unit can wield without penalty, here basically for every 5 points of strength you remove one point of weight).

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Its funny, I just realized
The reason that the nukes are never deployed in BL is because you coincidentally kill Thales as Arundel before he gets the chance to use them. Also, if I had to guess the reason for El only transforming in BL, its probably a combination of her ideals being challenged more in BL than any other route, and TWSITD are more desperate since they lost their leader, so they use El as a last ditch effort

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what to make of the fact that Jeralt is related to Michael Eisner, it seems like a weird way to tie in the game to the real world but I guess it means I should start looking for hidden Mickeys

You're looking at the wrong guide, the lost items are different depending on what house you choose. You can't give items to the other house leaders and their second-in-commands because they can't be recruited
In black eagles route Hilda can only be recruited like the last day before the time skip
you also can't recruit her at all if you take Edelgard's route at the split

You can recruit her earlier in the blue lions route apparently but I've not played it to confirm
You can only pick up one lost item for each respective character at a time. You need to give it to the character and then the next one for the person will appear if you are far enough into the game. If you've been hoarding items they aren't all going to show up.
Yeah I picked Black Eagles. I can pick up the items for Hilda still weirdly, just not give them to her.

I haven't been hoarding the items, I've been handing them over right away each month.

The items that aren't showing up at all are for Dimitri and Dedue