• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Okay. So I've listened to both versions of the Edge of Dawn like a thousand times. Seasons of Warfare version is much better than the full version and I hope we get a longer version of that one day. That dubstep is sooo good.

If I had to rank them, including the JP versions...
English Seasons of Warfare>>>JP full version>JP seasons of Warfare>English Full version.

I love it when games get voiced theme songs.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll probably always have the the opinion that they should've cut the monastery part 2, or at least minimized the number of months you spend there.

At least if they don't wanna give you new activities or objectives.

Like that chapter before you attack Garreg Mach could've been enough.

Just a smaller war camp or something, with a kitchen, blacksmith and so on. Something to remind you that there's a war going on. To me the monastery just feel empty an lifeless in the timeskip :/
I feel the exact same way. I'm in my first playthrough, post timeskip on BE-E and holy shit the monastery sections are a drag. I've just been grinding supports and stuff but it feels way less engaging than it did in part 1. I honestly just want to battle most of the time.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
can't believe there's dubstep in fe and it totally works

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
...I think I'll only recruit Bernie in my BL run. Hilda joined me on her own voliiton, but apart from those two I won't recruit anyone else. I want to have an in house experience (+ Bernie and Hilda I guess).

Sorry my GD children. You'll have to wait for my 5th run where I recruit absolutely everyone.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think much of Edge of Dawn, then I learned what the lyrics meant, then I noticed how they handled it in one route in particular, and then it became 10/10 amazing.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone else bugged by the Dorothea/Ingrid supports? The C support is really fun, they have a paralouge together, but then...

Their B support was them yelling at each other and that's... it. Like, it felt super bizarre that was the end of it, and I can't imagine they get another conversation down the line.

Lot of same-sex support end at B and it's really a shame. Guess they wanted to prioritize pairing that could end in marriage or something

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think much of Edge of Dawn, then I learned what the lyrics meant, then I noticed how they handled it in one route in particular, and then it became 10/10 amazing.
*listens to song and actually pays attention to lyrics*

giphy.gif

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Lot of same-sex support end at B and it's really a shame. Guess they wanted to prioritize pairing that could end in marriage or something
A lot of support chains end at B regardless of gender pairing. From what I've noticed, this is particularly prevalent for character supports with students from other houses. Sylvain, despite being the easiest to recruit, has very limited A-support options in Golden Deer.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I used her in my two previous playthroughs!

You can still recruit her! You don't have to use her. You just gotta save her life.

A-support was cut to secure that T for Teen rating ;)

Ingrid not being bi is the worst thing in this game.

This is a joke but I wanted her and Dorothea together as soon as they had their C support, and I also don't want to play a whole route as male Byleth just to romance her either. Ingrid is the best.*

*tied with half a dozen others.

I understand priorities but they ended it on such a bizarre note. It's weird. They deserved an A!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
lorenz is the best but yes, you have to start from hating him, lol

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ingrid not being bi is the worst thing in this game.

This is a joke but I wanted her and Dorothea together as soon as they had their C support, and I also don't want to play a whole route as male Byleth just to romance her either. Ingrid is the best.*

*tied with half a dozen others.
Yeah, I felt bad for Dorothea in those ones too.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
...I think I'll only recruit Bernie in my BL run. Hilda joined me on her own voliiton, but apart from those two I won't recruit anyone else. I want to have an in house experience (+ Bernie and Hilda I guess).

Sorry my GD children. You'll have to wait for my 5th run where I recruit absolutely everyone.
Get Caspar too.

can't believe there's dubstep in fe and it totally works
Tbf I can't think of many games with dubstep and it doesn't work.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Can anyone confirm if you cook another dish later in the month, does it overwrite the bonus or can they both work in conjunction? Ie +3 health on the first Saturday and then +2 dex on the next?

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on Golden Deer, chapter 11, and I have a paralogue for Hilda that says it's good until 5/24. Isn't the timeskip between now and then? Like, can I seriously come back to this thing after the timeskip and it'll be waiting for me? Or am I misremembering (or mistaken; haven't done GD before, maybe it's different) when the timeskip is?

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
A lot of support chains end at B regardless of gender pairing. From what I've noticed, this is particularly prevalent for character supports with students from other houses. Sylvain, despite being the easiest to recruit, has very limited A-support options in Golden Deer.

Sylvain actually feels like he has fewer A supports in general and surprisingly few A supports with women, despite his initial characterization as a philanderer, although this could be just a feeling since I haven't bothered to actually count.

Like he doesn't have A support with Annette (meaning he doesn't have all the girls in BL, whereas basically all the other guys in GD and BE do with all the girls in their respective houses) nor with most faculty/church (a lot of the guys have A supports with Shamir, Flayn, Manuela, etc.). I was thinking about this the other day and how it's actually a really minor but well done detail that while Sylvain is flirting with any woman that moves, he ISN'T actually emotionally open enough to have meaningful relationships with them. He resents women for wanting him and resents class society at large (unlike, say, Lorenz, who is also a philanderer who wants to marry a Nice Girl but SINCERELY, you know), and while he grows past that in many support arcs, his closest relationships remain Felix and Ingrid, his childhood friends. (Granted, haven't done BL yet so can't speak to Dimitri or Dedue.) Anyway, I just thought it was interesting.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Songs can be written about main villains too. :p
She can be both of those things haha

But hipsterpants

The song is essentially written from the perspective of Edelgard if you didn't pick her or do her route correct?

Also between the slower and faster versions of Edge of Dawn I think I like the slower version better.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I kept Manuela benched for the most part, aside from a portion of the mid-game where she could fit on my team as an adjutant, so I honestly don't know how effective she is if she's properly leveled and put in battle.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished my first playthrough. Damn, Damn good game.

Remember kids, Edelgard did absolutely nothing wrong.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely hate Mortal Savant's look. No character except maybe Felix look good in that outfit. Manuela and Dorothea are both aiming there but I can't let them become a fashion disaster.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate Mortal Savant's look. No character except maybe Felix look good in that outfit. Manuela and Dorothea are both aiming there but I can't let them become a fashion disaster.
F!Byleth looks good as Savant. especially after the horror that is Byleth's custom class

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Got started on my GD run. It still feels so wrong not being with the BEs but I'm starting to like these kids too. Ignatz is such a nice boy. I already recruited Lysithea and Marianne in my first file and I can't wait to see more of their supports. Lorenz intrigues me, he seems like the Ferdinand of the group, we'll see if he gets as much development. Raphael could get gimmicky but so far he's had nice variety in supports. Hilda is hilarious. Leonie I need to see more of to judge. And Claude, oh Claude, why aren't you bi?

I wasn't too experimental in classes for my first route. This time I'm trying a few different choices. My plan is:

Claude: canon lord class
Lorenz: Dark Bishop or Dark Knight
Ignatz: Warlock or Holy Knight
Raphael: War Master
Lysithea: thinking about Mortal Savant, she's so cute in it haha (was a Gremory in my first file)
Marianne: Falcon Knight (was a Holy Knight in my first file)
Hilda: Bishop or Gremory (she's Serra, come on)
Leonie: Paladin
Petra: Assassin (was a Wyvern Lord in my first file)
Dorothea: Gremory (same as last time, she's just too good)
Ashe: Wyvern Lord
Seteth: Wyvern Lord
Cyril: Dancer (idk if this can be done, if not I'll have to make other plans)

Really looking forward to this route, I can already tell Claude has much different ambitions than Edelgard.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tiny brain: beating the game with your default students

Normal brain: poaching students from other houses

Expanded brain: sending students you poached from other houses on suicide missions against their former housemates

MrPallyGuy

Oct 25, 2017
When i trained manuela she almost catched up to my Petra in speed which was surprising. Looking at her growths yeah she has 60% growth in speed.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a lot of Trouble with BL's final map on hard.

My main issue is keeping everyone alive, but as it turns out there are a LOT of magic users that do a LOT of damage. I checked my resistances and they're all pretty low besides Ingrid. Everytime I rethink my strategy I still end up being overwhelmed and loosing someone. Any tips or am I just going to drop this down to normal mode because I dont want to spend another 2 hours Divine pulsing and redoing my turns.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a lot of Trouble with BL's final map on hard.

My main issue is keeping everyone alive, but as it turns out there are a LOT of magic users that do a LOT of damage. I checked my resistances and they're all pretty low besides Ingrid. Everytime I rethink my strategy I still end up being overwhelmed and loosing someone. Any tips or am I just going to drop this down to normal mode because I dont want to spend another 2 hours Divine pulsing and redoing my turns.

Ignore the right side entirely, since the one caster's spell brings whoever it hits to 1 HP. The rest of the long-range casters have extremely limited uses for said spells, so if you really need to you can simply waste them with a high RES target.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ignore the right side entirely, since the one caster's spell brings whoever it hits to 1 HP. The rest of the long-range casters have extremely limited uses for said spells, so if you really need to you can simply waste them with a high RES target.

Interesting. It seems worth killing the mage on the right because he makes a bunch of other mages leave the battle, but he's placed in such a location that I'm always dragged into a dangerous brawler fight I dont want to be apart of. I'd had actually neglected the left the whole time after my first try with everyone going right then my second strategy with everyone going middle.

I'll take your advice and try it though.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
When i trained manuela she almost catched up to my Petra in speed which was surprising. Looking at her growths yeah she has 60% growth in speed.

honestly looking at her growth rates, they're not that dissimilar from petra's. i wonder if it's worth trying to get her into swordmaster...

mostly i was just observing how in both runs of mine she's had pretty lackluster stats, which i guess would be fine since she's a healer, but also her faith magic list is kind of bad/highly situational at best, so i was left all like "what's your deal lady"

Interesting. It seems worth killing the mage on the right because he makes a bunch of other mages leave the battle, but he's placed in such a location that I'm always dragged into a dangerous brawler fight I dont want to be apart of. I'd had actually neglected the left the whole time after my first try with everyone going right then my second strategy with everyone going middle.

I'll take your advice and try it though.

have you tried pure water. 7 extra res should help a little, unless we're talking units with single digit resistance.