• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Finished GD. Hilda was MVP for like 60% of the game, which further proves that she is indisputably best girl in my eyes.
Claude getting swatted away by Nemesis after his friendship speech was pretty funny, even if that was his plan.

He pretty much became king twice lol

Going to go through all the S supports before starting another path. Sothis' one was pretty funny.
Byleth: where do i put ring
Sothis: On your finger, stupid.

Think I'll do BL next, then BE E, then end on a high note with BE C. Then do all of them again with a female Byleth to fill up the support log.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the BL route and it's my last one to finish and I realized something about these students compared to the other houses:

These Blue Lions students need therapy, they are the problem students of the three houses damn.
BE have the serious students that are secretly dorks
GD have the full dorks that dont hide that they are dorks

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on Chapter 7 GD and getting absolutely swarmed with Paralogues. Having an A+ Professor Level on NG+ is a big help here.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Blue Lions focuses, from what I've read here, more on Dimitri's story and certain events that are more important to the Kingdom, while the Golden Deer - do to not having a direct beef with the Empire, like Dimitri does - can focus on getting the answer to "why the hell Edelgard attacked us and what role does the church play in this?"
One way to put this very simply (I'm putting spoiler tags out of principle, but they're not story spoilers) ...

So basically, the plot of each route focus on:
BE-E: Edelgard and her motivations

BL: Dimitri and the story behind the Kingdom/Empire hostility

GD: Claude and Fodlan's long term history

BE-C: Byleth and the Church

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, you can do that? I don't want to marry a 10 years old though, ew.

Imaginary loli wife who also happens to be yourself. It is all kinds of weird, tbh.

"No one can understand the depths of his wife's contributions"

I like to imagine that Marianne's the one doing the actual ruling, considering Byleth's such a nothing character.

Oct 26, 2017
Beat Black Eagles.

Should I go New Game +, start New game and choose a different house? Do I select new game + even if i select a different house?

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
"Marianne's Paralogue is too hard!"
"Oh god, I can't beat the boss of Leonie's and Linhardt's Paralogue!"
Bish, they ain't NOTHING compared to Bernie's and Petra's. Straight up the hardest map I've done in 2 and a half routes.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Beat Black Eagles.

Should I go New Game +, start New game and choose a different house? Do I select new game + even if i select a different house?
Starting a New Game + from your clear save starts you at the very beginning. You'll pick your gender, name, birthdate, and house just like before.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Black Eagles.

You can do a different house, even a different gender Byleth if you like, on new game +

Basically if you want to be able to get your professor level, skill ranks, and support ranks back via spending renown (plus a few extra things like equippable crests), then do new game plus.
Otherwise just start a new game.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is very "Hur hur isn't it weird you can do sidequests when Meteor is supposed to crash in like a week", and that style of criticism was tired in 1998, but the calendar structure of this game makes every instance of a character going "I'll explain it later" utterly ridiculous.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bish, they ain't NOTHING compared to Bernie's and Petra's. Straight up the hardest map I've done in 2 and a half routes.
Ah yeah that's a good one. I especially loved the reinforcements that took out my Byleth

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Quick question, I know tea time happens outside but this is my first time having tea time inside a room lol. Is this normal or a glitch? This is with Felix.

Magnemania

Jan 25, 2018
Has anyone else accidentally S-ranked a character?

I had no idea that a "would you like to see this student?" prompt would proceed to an S-rank-binding conversation (and wasn't even aware that it was an S-rank conversation until looking at the supports a while later!).

It was almost depressing to accidentally S-rank Marianne and then immediately see the Lorenz-Marianne A-support.

Oct 26, 2017
Starting a New Game + from your clear save starts you at the very beginning. You'll pick your gender, name, birthdate, and house just like before.
You can do a different house, even a different gender Byleth if you like, on new game +

Basically if you want to be able to get your professor level, skill ranks, and support ranks back via spending renown (plus a few extra things like equippable crests), then do new game plus.
Otherwise just start a new game.

Thanks guys. I just read about all the new systems in New Game + (crests, renown, etc) so I'm actually excited to get back to it!

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else accidentally S-ranked a character?

I had no idea that a "would you like to see this student?" prompt would proceed to an S-rank-binding conversation (and wasn't even aware that it was an S-rank conversation until looking at the supports a while later!).

It was almost depressing to accidentally S-rank Marianne and then immediately see the Lorenz-Marianne A-support.

I don't think you're locked in to a specific s-rank until you give someone a ring. I had literally everyone that could be at S rank my last play through

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, I didn't have any difficulty with Petra's. The reinforcements don't act on the same turn, and they're all near forests, so any unluckily places units can take cover.

Large monsters are definitely more challenging, especially if your team is lacking a Fortify user.

Magnemania

Jan 25, 2018
I don't think you're locked in to a specific s-rank until you give someone a ring. I had literally everyone that could be at S rank my last play through

Ah, thank you. I hate to say that I have any attachment to these anime characters but I would have been disappointed if Lorenz and Marianne had their marriage stolen away.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Honestly, I didn't have any difficulty with Petra's. The reinforcements don't act on the same turn, and they're all near forests, so any unluckily places units can take cover.

Large monsters are definitely more challenging, especially if your team is lacking a Fortify user.
Large monsters are complete and total pushovers.
Large groups of enemies with the capacity to oneshot like half your team on the otherhand...

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
Ah, thank you. I hate to say that I have any attachment to these anime characters but I would have been disappointed if Lorenz and Marianne had their marriage stolen away.
hqdefault.jpg

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
That one was easy, Marianne's was hard the first time I did it because I didn't have her leveled and then suddenly "lol she's alone right by the boss with three monsters around" so I had to rush people over to her.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need spoiler-free help on some Black Eagles related stuff.

I heard that there is a
second path for the Black Eagles?
I'm still pre-timeskip, so I haven't seen any choices yet. Can I get some more details that keep things vague?

steejee

Oct 28, 2017

Literally the only map in the game on hard/classic I've done a hard restart on, rest I've gotten by on Divine Pulse. Burned too many trying to salvage it first try, so I shelved it for another month or two and retried it.

Strat as I mentioned way back in the old OT if anyone is banging their head against it:
Route everyone to left, take the reinforcements stronghold ASAP.

Leave a few (fourish) units in bottom left by forest to take out the reinforcements (was a main character in my case with Meteor). Soon as they show up kill all four on first turn as otherwise you will definitely lose someone to Meteor.

With everyone else advance to bottom right as quickly as you can, ideally with your own character with Meteor (eg Dorothea). When reinforcements come burn your meteors on the two right squad leaders. Having a flyer or two to help with that snipe and a rescue spell makes it a lot easier.

That'll just leave the upper left pegasus knight squad leader to worry about, but you'll have plenty of forces at that point to shift up to take care of them.

Normal NPCs don't trigger the lose condition, just the squad leaders. So once the four of them are dead you can clean up the map at your leisure.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
The hardest paralogue for me was Casper/Mercedes as I had leveled neither of them and the set up of that one makes that a bit rough.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017

I heard that there is a
I'm still pre-timeskip, so I haven't seen any choices yet. Can I get some more details that keep things vague?

Very minor spoiler -
At some point (Ch 11?) Edelgard will ask you if you will go with her to the imperial capital. You have to choose yes or no at that point and that determines the time skip path you get.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Literally the only map in the game on hard/classic I've done a hard restart on, rest I've gotten by on Divine Pulse. Burned too many trying to salvage it first try, so I shelved it for another month or two and retried it.

Strat as I mentioned way back in the old OT if anyone is banging their head against it:
Route everyone to left, take the reinforcements stronghold ASAP.

Leave a few (fourish) units in bottom left by forest to take out the reinforcements (was a main character in my case with Meteor). Soon as they show up kill all four on first turn as otherwise you will definitely lose someone to Meteor.

With everyone else advance to bottom right as quickly as you can, ideally with your own character with Meteor (eg Dorothea). When reinforcements come burn your meteors on the two right squad leaders. Having a flyer or two to help with that snipe and a rescue spell makes it a lot easier.

That'll just leave the upper left pegasus knight squad leader to worry about, but you'll have plenty of forces at that point to shift up to take care of them.

Normal NPCs don't trigger the lose condition, just the squad leaders. So once the four of them are dead you can clean up the map at your leisure.

You can also position your Ingrid Falcon Knight (or whoever is your high resistance high avoid falcon knight) to just evasion tank the first meteor (and also still barely survive even if they get hit), and he only gets one meteor.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very minor spoiler -
At some point (Ch 11?) Edelgard will ask you if you will go with her to the imperial capital. You have to choose yes or no at that point and that determines the time skip path you get.
So, there's technically
four paths, eh? Seems like a good time to have a backup save or two, hahaha. I'm in Chapter 9 and so far I'm very strongly considering going with her to the capital. Is one path better/more interesting than the other?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

I heard that there is a
Very minor spoiler -
no this is wrong, you have to choose "go with her", and you'll unlock the choice to split the route later. If you don't go with her, you don't get the option to choose between the two and are instead stuck to one

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
That one was easy, Marianne's was hard the first time I did it because I didn't have her leveled and then suddenly "lol she's alone right by the boss with three monsters around" so I had to rush people over to her.
She almost died on me but dodged like a champ until everyone else could meet up with her.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Exciting! I think that's my next one!

Also, I haven't seen a lot of love for the Edelgard timeskip paralouge. I think I botched it with how I split my team, I used up all of my Pulses by the end. Thank god for Ingrid saving the day.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Easiest mission I had was the Raphael / Ignatz one. I just warped Felix and Edelgard to the commander in the beginning of turn 2 and cleaned up next turn. Didnt even bother to engage with anyone else really.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
So question.

What chapter did you guys manage to get students to join your house?

I'll admit I've been a bit aimless in terms of trying to get students to join me, but I'm 8 chapters in, and not a single student wants to join my class.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
no this is wrong, you have to choose "go with her", and you'll unlock the choice to split the route later. If you don't go with her, you don't get the option to choose between the two and are instead stuck to one

Ah, I didn't know the latter part as I had
chosen to not go with her the first time
, so I got locked into the Silver Snow route and I'm on my first playthrough still.

I did keep a save from before the choice, but I think I'll just do NG+.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
I swear man, time skip Marianne made me love her, she improved so much and is so precious. I'm currently doing her paralouge and I'm really fascinated with her character.
Yeah, a part of me regrets benching her now.

Although her voice is still a bit much. Not Mercedes level, but close enough.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Do people just not use torches?
Just navigate around the wolfs, taking out the 2 demonic beasts on the way, then rush the boss down in 1 to 2 turns.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
So question.

I'll admit I've been a bit aimless in terms of trying to get students to join me, but I'm 8 chapters in, and not a single student wants to join my class.
In NG+, Chapter two or three. Raise their supports up to B. Some are a lot easier to recruit than others, like Dorothea and Cyril.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
So question.

I am maybe one chapter further and I haven't gotten any students either, though I have gotten a couple knights, a couple faculty, and a couple of stray children.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Marianne-Hilda support A.... d'awwwww. :)

Marianne is precious.

Enjoy this beautiful picture of girlfriends changing hairstyles.

ewwwww lorenz deserves nobody but his right hand and that rose.

Lorenz x Manuela is TRUE ART.
I laughed so hard at their support line, and then even more at their ending.
Wow.