• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
And now that Byleth unlocked her unique class, she's damn near broken too. I'm not really grinding unless you count doing the paralogues as that. I hope post time-skip bumps up the difficulty.

It definitely does. Especially towards the end. Granted it's nothing that'd count as a big difficulty spike, but it's not quite the "run out there and just one shot everything np" that part 1 mostly is.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Is it worth buying the final statue upgrades, that increase stat maxes? As far as I know I never got close on my last playthrough, so it doesn't seem like there's much point unless you get something else for finishing the statues.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth buying the final statue upgrades, that increase stat maxes? As far as I know I never got close on my last playthrough, so it doesn't seem like there's much point unless you get something else for finishing the statues.

i mean what else are you gonna spend your renown on
besides like ng+ stuff, which, i mean, i imagine by your third playthrough you'll have more than enough renown to get everything you want from ng+ anyway

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

I just did it for completionist's sake and because restoring the statues makes Seteth and Flayn happy (in my head).
You'll never max out a stat and NEED those extra 5 points still.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
It's not really worth it. I'd stop at the extra divine pulses. The +5 to max stats is nice but you shouldn't be hitting the max on a hard playthrough.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain to me the McDonald's / Golden Deer meme?

There was a meme that was about making fake quests from Seteth. Someone made a mc dolands one.
Seteth's voice actor then voiced 2 of the meme quests request, one of them was the mc donands one

Then someone made an image of Seteth and Fayn trapped in a mcdonal play place

pv42mplb0ae31.png

Source

Then someone made an animation based on that image

Last edited:

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So I have a question, once I finish the current route I can use NG+ to expedite the others routes?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
So... what exactly are crests?

Nobles being able to tell who is born with one or not, and Lyth/Edel having some implanted are pretty big plot points, but I don't recall the game ever specifying what they actually are. Are they symbols that show up on skin? Are they like DNA? Are they physical things that can be implanted in a bloodstream? It's weird how horrific some crest stuff sounds without (unless I missed it) the game ever specifying what exactly they are on a biological scale.

Some of the lore and truth bombs that are said in Support conversations should be said in regular dialogue or something

I rather like that, it makes the supports more important. There's a lore bomb that I just got 55 hours into the game via an obscure-ish A support that I don't think I've seen acknowledged anywhere else, that's really cool and sorta confirms certain things about what two characters went through.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
There was a meme that was about making fake quests from Seteth. Someone made a mc dolands one.
Seteth's voice actor then voiced 2 of the meme quests request, one of them was the mc donands one

pv42mplb0ae31.png

Source

And now McDonalds in general is asociated with the Deers

I love the progression of this meme so much lol.

asari

Oct 25, 2017
So wait a sec, there are other routes you can take after the time skip? This game will kill me
I played persona 5 with Japanese va,I didn't like the English one, does FE have better English va?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So wait a sec, there are other routes you can take after the time skip? This game will kill me
I played persona 5 with Japanese va,I didn't like the English one, does FE have better English va?
The voice acting in Three Houses is generally of very high quality, with only one character who is generally agreed to be an outlier.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
The VA is imo excellent. The only voice I find slightly irritating is Mercedes, but one the whole it's a really great dub.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
So... what exactly are crests?

Nobles being able to tell who is born with one or not, and Lyth/Edel having some implanted are pretty big plot points, but I don't recall the game ever specifying what they actually are. Are they symbols that show up on skin? Are they like DNA? Are they physical things that can be implanted in a bloodstream? It's weird how horrific some crest stuff sounds without (unless I missed it) the game ever specifying what exactly they are on a biological scale.
In the Golden Deer route, Rhea explains them as being a result of the blood from the Goddess's children.My understanding is that the initial creatures Sophis created (the humans that can become dragons) have unique biological characteristics that cause their blood to be imbued with power. This blood then gets passed down through the generations and occasionally has its power re-surge in otherwise ordinary people, said power is what constitutes a crest. Sophis's blood for instance gives the power of the Crest of Flames.

Apr 19, 2018
Finished up Edelgard's route. I guess there really wouldn't be much purpose once you hit the final chapter, but is there really no "point of return" past the fight with Dimitri?

I didn't have a backup save before this battle, but I would have loved to do a few more Auxiliary missions to flesh out the remaining Support conversations. =/

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the game we're playing, there's already Dedue and Dimitri A support in that route that takes the crown.

Edit: Oh, if we're just talking about the Ending, in my run Dimitri and Felix ended up getting a paired ending, and they mentioned Dimitri's wife only to emphasize how much more Felix was attached to him, haha.
I won't lie, it's pretty great. Blue Lions are a highly homoromantic house. Ashe and Caspar are pretty cute together too.

Dimitri and Dedue are definitely getting married one day and nothing can convince me otherwise.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Dimitri has a much better S rank than "well, it was nice knowing you, bye!"-Claude.
If you're on Blue Lions route, pair Sylvain with Ingrid until A support, then just know that you'll never get as nice an S support with Sylvain as Ingrid got for an A support (for shame!).

See I'm gonna put my clown hat on right here because I really love kids and family shit. Especially in Awakening (Fates was...uh...not good.) So naturally I assumed this was what Claude's S-rank would be, but I really REALLY appreciate them doing away with that line of thinking in regards to S-rank. It's very apparent that all the characters got a lot more depth and are free to really act out as well rounded characters instead of the writers having to rush to marriage/kids shit by the time their maximum rank comes around.

So with that being said Claudes shit makes so much more sense because it would make sense for NO CHARACTER as ambitious as him to suddenly drop everything for one person. I super appreciated the ending they went for because it FIT Claudes character a lot. I haven't played Dimitri yet so no spoilers there.

I heard Lorenz (and Sylvain???) does have a family with you and that's really my jam, buuuuuuuuuut I also really like Dimitri and it truly hurt that not only did I have to put him down like a rabid animal in the GD route, but instead of getting the message he ends his life as a fucking pin cushion because he's that far gone.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019

pv42mplb0ae31.png

Source

OH MY GOD THIS IS MAGICAL.

I can see why people love seteth now that I've gotten post time skip and got some of his supports. He's a darned good boi.

I love how all the VAs are having such good fun on social media and positive energy is going their way. It's a nice change.

Last edited:

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Why the hell is Hubert the first opponent in this advanced bow tournament. What are they doing over there in Black Eagles.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I went in pretty much blind (intentionally) and am just a little bit past the time-skip. I didn't realize there were alternate routes, that I had a relatively strict amount of time to recruit other members (I only got one student other than the teachers/knights), so my playthrough feels a bit bungled.

Game is still great, and it's good to hear the combat difficulty ramps up a bit. So far most characters have been killing dudes in one hit.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, anyone have any idea why my Dorothea loses 10hp every time she attacks with magic? I don't see anything on her abilities list to be causing it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I went in pretty much blind (intentionally) and am just a little bit past the time-skip. I didn't realize there were alternate routes, that I had a relatively strict amount of time to recruit other members (I only got one student other than the teachers/knights), so my playthrough feels a bit bungled.

Game is still great, and it's good to hear the combat difficulty ramps up a bit. So far most characters have been killing dudes in one hit.
Honestly, recruiting 1-2 students isn't bungling. The deployment limit is low enough that you'd never have any reason to use most of the students at all if you went on a recruitment frenzy during the school phase.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OH MY GOD THIS IS MAGICAL.

I can see why people love seteth now that I've gotten post time skip and got some of his supports. He's a darned good boi.

I love how all the VAs are having such good fun on social media and positive energy is going their way. It's a nice change.

I was surprised by how much he actually cares about people.

I like how he of all people was the one to tell Cyril he should maybe find a hobby or life goal that doesn't just involve Rhea lol.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

pv42mplb0ae31.png

Source

Thanks. that's so funny! This makes a lot of sense now

asari

Oct 25, 2017
OK guys, I'm starting my first FE game, I watched the explanation of characters and still going black eagles, can I also recruit after time skip or do I have to act fast?
HYPEEEE!

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Honestly, recruiting 1-2 students isn't bungling. The deployment limit is low enough that you'd never have any reason to use most of the students at all if you went on a recruitment frenzy during the school phase.

I guess that's true, it just means that I'll be more selective of who I aim for on my second playthrough. A lot of the characters I wanted simply wouldn't join because I was focusing on the wrong stats. I just have to focus on some defense units as I lost my main heavy unit with the choice I made (or didn't make).

Does the deployment limit stay at 10 for the entire game? I'm only at 2 support units but I gather that will increase as my professor level does (I think I'm B+ or something).

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I guess that's true, it just means that I'll be more selective of who I aim for on my second playthrough. A lot of the characters I wanted simply wouldn't join because I was focusing on the wrong stats. I just have to focus on some defense units as I lost my main heavy unit with the choice I made (or didn't make).

Does the deployment limit stay at 10 for the entire game? I'm only at 2 support units but I gather that will increase as my professor level does (I think I'm B+ or something).
It changes from mission to mission, one mission even let me have 2 and when you have adjutants that increases who you can bring along technically.

If you just have a gift/lost item guide you can get everyone except maybe Ferdinand to B easily long before the skip, which reduces the requirements by quite a bit.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Most battles until near the end are a limit of ten. The most you can deploy in any battle is 12. Once your Professor Level increases enough, you'll also be able to start assigning units as adjutants to other units (with a maximum of 3 at A+ Professor Level) for a total of 15 units in battle in the endgame.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fine, I'll try to recruit Flayn and Seteth this time around I guess. That meme is too amusing.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
Finished up Edelgard's route. I guess there really wouldn't be much purpose once you hit the final chapter, but is there really no "point of return" past the fight with Dimitri?

I didn't have a backup save before this battle, but I would have loved to do a few more Auxiliary missions to flesh out the remaining Support conversations. =/
I'll be honest, I felt her route ended too soon. For the actual last battle, a good amount of my units weren't fully promoted (my byleth was finishing up swordmaster)dsince I thought there would be another one or two chapters.

I also had support conversations pending :(

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I think the English VA is pretty good, but I haven't heard the Japanese one so I can't compare. Mercedes in the English dub is the only real issue.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I see the best NPC in the game got the recognition he deserved in the OT title!

I am still on the fence whether to start my next playthrough or not. Especially with all the New Game+ mode, which would speed things up, but also make it even easier than it already is.

Man, give me Lunatic mode, damnit! D:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
@Poodlestrike on the last age:

Even if the guy's son was innocent, his dad still made an army and tried to kill students that had nothing to do with anything. Also on the Western Church, they didn't say they were innocent, they said, "we were told this wouldn't happened'. Not the statement of innocent people.

And my comment about humanity getting off easy wasn't meant to make Rhea look good. It was to point out that she could have literally just killed everyone, but instead covered up what humans did to her kind. She didn't even completely rule them since it took only one faction to kick her ass.