• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
And she hits even harder once the other guy is under half health. She's going to be a GOAT assassin.

100% crit rate for days

Wow. I knew something like this was going to happen but I wasn't expecting

the exact details.. I knew there would be a split with the church, but I figured Rhea would be the instigator in the divide, not Edelgard. I honestly have no clue what I'm going to pick.. I feel like I need more info. Edel seems crazy given that she could have just explained herself if she had good reason to do what she did (rather than just turn on her whole squad), but something about Rhea creeps me out.

no spoilers info: Whichever one you pick, the narrative goes in a way that has you have made the "right" choice.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is it important to get everyone to a Master class? I feel like there isn't a natural evolution for some of the Advanced classes.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Monster fights basically went

-Lightly touch shield with person 1
-Lightly touch shield again with person 2
-Let Petra one-shot the entire health bar with a crit

rinse and repeat
Edelgard can also hit like an absolute truck if you class her right. Go warrior with her, you'll thank me later.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm trying really hard to beat the DK the first time you encounter him. Playing Hard/Classic.

It isn't going well.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Controversial opinion, I like Byleth, they strike me as a dork

I couldn't resist teasing Edelgard about her shriek is that true for anyone else?

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I'm trying really hard to beat the DK the first time you encounter him. Playing Hard/Classic.

It isn't going well.
in chapter 4? that requires planning beforehand, it's definitely meant to be impossible
you'll get a better chance soon
if it's the other time, just use someone that won't get doubled with an iron sword or training sword or something and then finish him off with gambits + ruptured heaven

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Did we play the same game? My Ferdinand as a Holy Knight was laughing at everyone that got even close to him late-game. Nothing could even touch him.
Well I'm not very far into the game yet. My Ferdinand gets one-shot by enemies because he's so slow and his lance doesn't seem to do much to any type of enemy that I have encountered yet. I always have to use him to finish off enemies after softening them up. He is one of my lowest level characters but it's a vicious cycle. I can't level him up as much as my other characters because he can't survive when there are fast enemies around. My other lower level characters also don't struggle half as much as he does. Casper was in the same situation as Ferdinand though and he's finally starting to blossom so I'm sure Ferdinand will be alright too when he finally rolls more than two stats on level ups.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
If I've never played a game like this, how hard will it be to understand everything? I want to sink my teeth into something fun but I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to crafting and turn based stuff. I really only play sports games and the occasional Mario etc.
It's actually much easier than it looks.
If you just follow the obvious you can't really go wrong.
Mix battles and activities (mostly eating) with your students so they're motivated.
And last, don't raise too many different skills with your hero since he doesn't learn at the same time as the kids. Focus, then a bit of deviation works very well.

That's basically all you need.
in chapter 4? that requires planning beforehand, it's definitely meant to be impossible
if it's the other time, just use someone that won't get doubled with an iron sword or training sword or something and then finish him off with gambits + ruptured heaven
I actually just chained 3 (or 2 with one or 2 very weak gambit, not sure if they helped) people who didn't get doubled and/or wouldn't be killed by it and ended with Marianne with high enough hit rate to not gamble too much.

What's hard was to not kill the goons.

buy yeah, in chapter 4 it's just too early except maybe if you're full of ok gambit and a bit lucky (or ok to lose one party member).

Last edited:

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Well I'm not very far into the game yet. My Ferdinand gets one-shot by enemies because he's so slow and his lance doesn't seem to do much to any type of enemy that I have encountered yet. I always have to use him to finish off enemies after softening them up. He is one of my lowest level characters but it's a vicious cycle. I can't level him up as much as my other characters because he can't survive when there are fast enemies around. My other lower level characters also don't struggle half as much as he does. Casper was in the same situation as Ferdinand though and he's finally starting to blossom so I'm sure Ferdinand will be alright too when he finally rolls more than two stats on level ups.
Have you tried giving him some javelins? Being able to throw a javelin 2 spaces makes mopping up thugs easier when trying to level a squishy lance user.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

You don't have ruptured heaven in chapter 4 yet, the first time you meet him.

That said, I play on hard, did no grinding and it wasn't so bad. Knightkneeler does double damage, which helps. I play on casual so I was able to sacrifice a couple units to deal damage but still not bad. Also use gambits.

If you play on Classic yeah I can see how that's super hard.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
What audio language are most people using, English or Japanese? Which is best? Think I'll stick to English for now..

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Have you tried giving him some javelins? Being able to throw a javelin 2 spaces makes mopping up thugs easier when trying to level a squishy lance user.
I did! I'm slowly getting into the rhythm of leveling up my weaker characters. I MAY have focused almost entirely on Byleth and Edelgard at first... I can literally let them tank 3+ enemies in one turn at this point but now I'm catching everyone else up with them and Ferdinand and Casper have been the hardest to level because of how easily they can be killed.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
It's actually much easier than it looks.
If you just follow the obvious you can't really go wrong.
Mix battles and activities (mostly eating) with your students so they're motivated.
And last, don't raise too many different skills with your hero since he doesn't learn at the same time as the kids. Focus, then a bit of deviation works very well.

That's basically all you need.

I actually just chained 3 (or 2 with one or 2 very weak gambit, not sure if they helped) people who didn't get doubled and/or wouldn't be killed by it and ended with Marianne with high enough hit rate to not gamble too much.

What's hard was to not kill the goons.

buy yeah, in chapter 4 it's just too early except maybe if you're full of ok gambit and a bit lucky (or ok to lose one party member).
I think I could've done it in ch4 if I gave Felix a training sword, but I didn't want to reset for it
in ch6 there's mages in the room so you can just bring in any physical unit and a healer to distract them
You don't have ruptured heaven in chapter 4 yet, the first time you meet him.

That said, I play on hard, did no grinding and it wasn't so bad. Knightkneeler does double damage, which helps. I play on casual so I was able to sacrifice a couple units to deal damage but still not bad. Also use gambits.

If you play on Classic yeah I can see how that's super hard.
yea referring to the second time
the first time, he likely doubles and kills every unit you have so you might as well skip it for no deaths

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe it...

p8opkSN_d.jpg

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
He got a couple of great level ups in that battle.

Ferdi's time to shine!

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
So there's no way to team up or have someone assist you in a attack is there.
You can assignate a character to fight with another one for an entire battle (only one character can have an assistant, at least now), and it seems to offer different ways of assisting depening on the character, what I don't know if it's like in the 3DS games. I tried it with some characters assisting Byleth, and sometimes they seem to be fighting enemies in the background etc..., what I don't know is if they assist you directly when the support is good.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Adjutants can randomly add small attacks onto the end of your own if they're attack types, but it's not guaranteed and not very obvious even when it does happen.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Yesterday I replayed an optional map 3 times because I kept losing, when I finally made it it felt great. I still have a lot to learn, but casual/hard sure is helping me in this.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Japanese here, it's really good (maybe the exception is Bernadetta, or maybe it's too good, depending on how you tolerate characters that are hysterical all the time).

I almost threw my Vita out of the window playing Chaos Child 😅 I guess I will avoid recruiting Bernadetta in NG+.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Yeah, it's the very first time. Usually these optional things seem hard but doable, but this guy is absolutely brutal. I think I would have needed to come in with way more battalions than I did. I don't really want to pass this opportunity up but I think I might put off beating him the first time for another playthrough. Thank you, I'm glad to hear I'm not just playing poorly or anything.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
With "not very obvious" it means that the adjutant is hiting a random NPC in the background? If so, I've seen this several times.
No, there's damage numbers, but their animation can trigger while they're off screen. Like I had an adjutant mage fire at my opponent for 8 damage after I hit them but the camera was zoomed in on my sword guy doing the attack.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I think I could've done it in ch4 if I gave Felix a training sword, but I didn't want to reset for it
in ch6 there's mages in the room so you can just bring in any physical unit and a healer to distract them
Except sometimes enemy mages like to go suicide on me at close range even if they could stay afar.
And the room was small.
Could have left another unit far away but, nah...
Anyway I have so many spear users with the skill effective against riding people that I had options.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
You can assignate a character to fight with another one for an entire battle (only one character can have an assistant, at least now), and it seems to offer different ways of assisting depening on the character, what I don't know if it's like in the 3DS games. I tried it with some characters assisting Byleth, and sometimes they seem to be fighting enemies in the background etc..., what I don't know is if they assist you directly when the support is good.

intetesting, haven't done that myself. Will keep an eye out.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't mean anything, I'm sure Ferdi has been finishing damaged enemies, because he is not able of anything else.

He held the left side of the map valiantly against many foes with Dorethea at his side keeping him alive.

"Because that's what a Noble does."

Status
Not open for further replies.