• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
curious if im over or underlevelled, because ive seen videos of people where i am at much higher levels.
im on the chapter 6 mission (the chambers) and my team is all around level 11-13

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
gah, ran into the Deat Knight again but didn't have my best units near where he spawned so I couldn't take him down and missed the chest over by his side :(

I'm breezing through a lot of these maps, and I'm playing on Hard. Some of the maps objectives are neat, like the Sylvain paralogue where you have to keep the thieves from escaping.

I just finished the Battle of the Eagle and Lion... It was quite easy especially since I could be super aggressive and not afraid to lose a couple of units.

I get that Hard is intended at the "You've played Fire Emblem games before" setting, but do the maps get more challenging?

That foreshadowing after the mock battle... It's been fairly obvious for a while now what's going to happen after the timeskip.

So far the paralogues have been more challenging than the story missions, there's one on that next month that's pretty fun.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I feel like screaming I don't know how to handle any of this

Embrace gardening and eating with students that likes their meals.

Seminars are a very complex meta and too much for my brain so I pretty much auto instruct and randomly pick stuff for students. Lol

Eating with students is seriously the best and fastest way to level up Professor Level AND Supports.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tea Time is HARD. Had totally planned to charm Manuela but instead it turned into an awkward nightmare where I picked all the wrong convos.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game so far, playing as Black Eagles and haven't been this sucked into a game since BOTW.

I have a question about a choice in BE chapter 11
Edelgard wants me to go with her to the capital for her coronation as empress. I understand that this impacts the availability of the 4th route. I'm not sure which is the best route to go for though. Is siding with Edelgard best left for a final playthrough? I don't want to get the secret best ending on my first time. What is the default route if there is such a thing? Church or Edelgard?

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game so far, playing as Black Eagles and haven't been this sucked into a game since BOTW.

I have a question about a choice in BE chapter 11
Edelgard wants me to go with her to the capital for her coronation as empress. I understand that this impacts the availability of the 4th route. I'm not sure which is the best route to go for though. Is siding with Edelgard best left for a final playthrough? I don't want to get the secret best ending on my first time. What is the default route if there is such a thing? Church or Edelgard?

The route defaults to siding with the Church if you don't go with Edelgard to the capital. As for what's better? Really a matter of personal opinion, both routes have good reasons

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, I'm a couple weeks away from the
2/22 date of reckoning
, and I've managed to recruit every single recruitable student from BL and GD. I have a question about one more recruit I might try to pick up though,
can I keep Alois if I take Edelgard's route? I won't bother if he's going to leave or something.

Feb 15, 2018

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
The route defaults to siding with the Church if you don't go with Edelgard to the capital. As for what's better? Really a matter of personal opinion, both routes have good reasons

Thanks.
I'll probably choose to side with Edelgard then. I don't want to lose access to her character.

What did other BE players choose here?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Whelp, I'm a couple weeks away from the
2/22 date of reckoning
, and I've managed to recruit every single recruitable student from BL and GD. I have a question about one more recruit I might try to pick up though,
can I keep Alois if I take Edelgard's route? I won't bother if he's going to leave or something.
Yes, he stays/remains recruitable at the base if you side with Edelgard

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Thanks.
I'll probably choose to side with Edelgard then. I don't want to lose access to her character.

I went with Edelgard, but didn't decide that until the last possible moment- the post-battle cut scene where you make the final choice swung it for me.

Jun 2, 2019
Okay I joined the troop and I'm tripping balls. The game feels considerably high budget and fits the home console criteria.

Still in the second chapter though, but I'm impressed. Feels like the first fire Emblem I'm going to replay a lot

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
question since I'm at the end of the Edelgard route
Is it possible to get Sothis as a playable unit? I probably missed something with her, but I'm fighting Rhea right now and the only other time I've heard from her was when Byleth woke up.

Mrfb17

Senior Designer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been answered...but is there a way to check the other houses Rosters? I know at the start I got to see everyone's Bios but now it's super hard to know what the other two Houses students like and dislike etc.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I never played a Fire Emblem game in my life but I bought this one on impulse yesterday. Haven't got my chance to play it yet, still playing Youngblood and the classic DOOM trilogy on PS4 right now.

The only strategy game I liked so far was Mario + Rabbids. How will this game hold up? I like RPG's though.

Okay, I've only played through the first Fire Emblem game on Gameboy Advance and I play Fire Emblem Heroes on iOS. I've also completed Mario + Rabbids.

I'm only 5 hours in on Three Houses but this is way, way more in-depth than M+R. In terms of battle, it's slightly similar in that it's a turn based, grid style battle. But the sheer amount of extra variables in Fire Emblem completely outweigh what M+R has to offer.

You'll love it Fire Emblem. I'm having a fantastic time with it so far.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Sorry if this has been answered...but is there a way to check the other houses Rosters? I know at the start I got to see everyone's Bios but now it's super hard to know what the other two Houses students like and dislike etc.
theres probably a better way, but if you go into supports, you can click zr to see other houses and see what house everyone is
i dont know if you can see their status page though. id like to know if theres a way to do that because sometimes i forget the last names of people from the other houses and theyre referenced throughout

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the Protagonist Sword.

Main character is the missing crest in human form or some Naruto bullshit.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the impression I'm getting is basically all the routes are variations on "what would happen to this housd if the professor wasn't there". And the answer is Not Good.

Yeah this occurred to me back in December with Edelgard basically hinting at it

That she doesn't want to do this alone and feels like she'll lose herself if someone isn't there for her.

Made me sad about what's going to happen to her in the other routes ;___;

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Chapter 8 tonight and good gravy. The plot keeps slowly picking up steam. I also recruited Manuela and Shamir.

Also, I'm over thirty hours in in terms of play...at the start of Chapter 9. Yeah, I can see how this is an eighty-hour game.

And on the subject of paralogues:

Visit Zanado, she said. It'll be educational, she said. Sure, until all of the giant monsters pop out while I'm standing all by myself!

Mrfb17

Senior Designer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, United Kingdom
theres probably a better way, but if you go into supports, you can click zr to see other houses and see what house everyone is
i dont know if you can see their status page though. id like to know if theres a way to do that because sometimes i forget the last names of people from the other houses and theyre referenced throughout
Yeah I just saw that, that is handy thanks! Although yeah I was specifically wanting their Stats and backgrounds etc. I really like how detailed they are and it just seems crazy the game would expect you to remember the other two houses and faculty members likes / dislikes etc.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'd prefer some better balancing of the two. I'm not really into the flow of this game, compared to other time management sims like Persona. Too many things feel loaded into each sunday, and playing on Hard means that you need to use all of your points each time. So if I choose battle on a Sunday and I have 3 AP, I have to do 3 battles in a row or I'm wasting those points. Or for the explore sections, having to find the lost items *each week* is just so absolutely overkill. The ideas all work in theory, but sometimes the execution feels weird.

A good adjustment would be to incorporate everything into exploration mode and bump up activity points. Have battles and seminars use activity points instead of taking up a whole Sunday.

Suddenly I'm also reminded about the similarities this game has with FF Type 0.

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
fuckin highest level of challenge in this game so far. That and the confession box. Fuck the confession box all of you sinners need THE GODDESS.
Idk, I've had mostly success with tea time outside of the first time I did it.

But yeah the confession box is rigged. I swear you'll give decent advice and they'll turn it down.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I've given a wrong answer to the confession box notes TWICE in total. Somehow seem to be nailing those every time.

Tea time is ridiculous, though, feels like there's no rhyme nor reason to any of it.

A good adjustment would be to incorporate everything into exploration mode and bump up activity points. Have battles and seminars use activity points instead of taking up a whole Sunday.

Suddenly I'm also reminded about the similarities this game has with FF Type 0.

I'm frankly a bit bewildered that this isn't the case already. I feel like they did some very easily avoidable major mistakes wrt the time management aspect, likely in an attempt at making decisions feel more meaningful.

Feb 15, 2018
How much XP do adjutants earn relative to the actual on field unit? I'm thinking of assigning one of my lagging characters to my MC, but am concerned their xp gains will be a fraction of the actual unit in action.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
BE Chapter 11. Yowza. Is that always how it plays out, regardless of your choice? As non-spoilery as possible plz

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Okay, I've only played through the first Fire Emblem game on Gameboy Advance and I play Fire Emblem Heroes on iOS. I've also completed Mario + Rabbids.

I'm only 5 hours in on Three Houses but this is way, way more in-depth than M+R. In terms of battle, it's slightly similar in that it's a turn based, grid style battle. But the sheer amount of extra variables in Fire Emblem completely outweigh what M+R has to offer.

You'll love it Fire Emblem. I'm having a fantastic time with it so far.
I'll wrap my paws around it in the weekend. Might have some time to play, although I fear I won't have too much time to fully invest in everything i'd like to. So far I hear it's a game with a lot of stuff to do and sink your time in.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some of these Lost Items are just hilarious.

Like, I just found a fuckin' chloroform-soaked rag. I didn't even have to read the description, that shit is Hubert's.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
How much XP do adjutants earn relative to the actual on field unit? I'm thinking of assigning one of my lagging characters to my MC, but am concerned their xp gains will be a fraction of the actual unit in action.
I'm not sure of the exact percentage but my lvl 6 unit was able to level up twice in a battle by hanging around with my lvl 11 Blyeth. It's definitely a good way to level someone with zero risk of them being one-shot.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What's a easy way to post screenshots from Switch and post them on Era?
I use abload.de, a german image hosting website, super easy to use, found it way back in the day on GAF since a lot of folk used it there to host large screenshots. If you find pulling your SD card out to transfer screens easier than just doing this:
Make a twitter account, dump your images there and post them here.
...since you can post screenshots straight to Twitter, from your Switch (they'll be lower quality than if you pull them straight off your SD card, though).

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Make a twitter account, dump your images there and post them here.
I use abload.de, a german image hosting website, super easy to use, found it way back in the day on GAF since a lot of folk used it there to host large screenshots. If you find pulling your SD card out to transfer screens easier than just doing this:

...since you can post screenshots straight to Twitter, from your Switch (they'll be lower quality than if you pull them straight off your SD card, though).

Thanks!!! Gonna start posting screens!

nuttyevans

Nov 8, 2017
So I made a complete hash of a mission and lost a great chunk of my team leaving me with 4 units going forward. Around chapter 4 in the story and see no option to replace the lost units.......am I screwed? I might be wiser to start again without the permadeath. Enjoying the game but my tendency to rush into fights headfirst isn't doing me any favours lol.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Tea Time is HARD. Had totally planned to charm Manuela but instead it turned into an awkward nightmare where I picked all the wrong convos.
fuckin highest level of challenge in this game so far. That and the confession box. Fuck the confession box all of you sinners need THE GODDESS.

TRUTH

The one where they talk back to to you and you get to choose how to respond between like "Laugh, Blush, Nod", I don't think I've gotten that one right a single time out of like... 20.

You'd think by pure chance I'd get 1/3 right but nope.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer some better balancing of the two. I'm not really into the flow of this game, compared to other time management sims like Persona. Too many things feel loaded into each sunday, and playing on Hard means that you need to use all of your points each time. So if I choose battle on a Sunday and I have 3 AP, I have to do 3 battles in a row or I'm wasting those points. Or for the explore sections, having to find the lost items *each week* is just so absolutely overkill. The ideas all work in theory, but sometimes the execution feels weird.
I'm starting to figure out that if you've explored everything the first sunday in a month you can basically choose battle/seminar for the other sundays that month without missing anything. At first I thought it was like you said, new stuff to explore every week, but it seems to update monthly.
Really digging the systems and flow of the game once I'm getting the hang of it. Only on chapter 5 though, can't understand how people play so fast lol.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

I chose to side with the people not trying to murder-rampage their way through two other kingdoms and a church and who don't experiment on random civilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.