• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting point for the discussion "should you recruit everyone or not", is that post timeskip every single one of your students can teach you skills makes it a lot easier to get Byleth's skill ranks up in the back half, compared to when you were relying on a handful of church staff members who could only train you once a week, and most wouldn't have the skill you wanted.

Wait...does this still take up a time slot?

Even so, it'd definitely be welcome - my Byleth has fallen behind on weapon levels because I've been focusing on students, and as such, at chapter 9, am only C+, and can't hit the A for swordsmaster unless I forego some lunches/tea parties (which I don't wanna do, because I almost have everyone I want recruited).

Meanwhile, Petra, who has been mixing bow and sword for assassin, is B+ swords (almost A) and C+ in bows, lol.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I know the term wolf in sheeps clothing, but is there another term that differentiates characters like Rhea, I've seen characters like her in a few other games and honestly they scare the fuck out me the closer they get to you.

Literally had to put the game down last after chapter 11 because that was waaay too close with that sort of "kindness".
Rhea started giving me super sketch vibes as early as chapter 3. Reading the lore around the Church in the library just reinforced it - this woman is baaad news.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
So if i choose to go with her to the empire can i still train the students or is everything locked out?

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
What should I be planting in the garden to get chickpeas? I need them for a quest.

Wait...does this still take up a time slot?

Even so, it'd definitely be welcome - my Byleth has fallen behind on weapon levels because I've been focusing on students, and as such, at chapter 9, am only C+, and can't hit the A for swordsmaster unless I forego some lunches/tea parties (which I don't wanna do, because I almost have everyone I want recruited).

Meanwhile, Petra, who has been mixing bow and sword for assassin, is B+ swords (almost A) and C+ in bows, lol.

Yeah. Still takes a time slot but, post timeskip you aren't recruiting anymore anyway so I feel like you have so much more free time, its honestly tough to use all 9 activity points I have anyway.

R.D.Blax

Oct 26, 2017
I can't get over how strong Bernie is. A personal skill where she does more damage after taking the smallest nick of damage. A crest that can grant her an extra attack. Plus her hidden talent. She was tearing through anyone foolish enough to target her.

And then she go: "Can I go home now ?" As if she didn't decimate half the enemy ! Truly the best

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Can you imagine a Three Houses style game where the first half is recruiting characters and supports and all the management stuff, and then the second half after time skip is all the kids and the now adults are the professors? That'd rock.
The best part of this is that if they DO remake Geneology we may finally get the best incarnation and plot relevant use of the kids system in updated format. If we get Geneology next (which I hope in "echoes" series) it would be the best implementation of the system and hopefully get rid of the "no kids" meme.

Oct 25, 2017
Rhea started giving me super sketch vibes as early as chapter 3. Reading the lore around the Church in the library just reinforced it - this woman is baaad news.
It's not that I'm just getting vibes, it's when someone you already know sketch and wants to get even closer to you and then you're alone in a room with them.

Chapter 11

She was rocking me like a baby, singing to me talking about, I wish this moment could last forever. Priestess characters like this scare and it was like 2am when I was playing this part.

And then that's not even touching the sketch part of what might've happened to your mom and what she did to you as baby.

And now I'm supposed to go to a tomb with her? Fuck that.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
37.48 hours in the middle of chapter 10. And I thought I play pretty straightforward.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you weren't able to find out were Flayn is on the first day, cause then you just have to ignore it and continue on your way lest you waste a month.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

What is the best way to recruit students into your house? From what I am reading, it seems to be gardening and gifting flowers.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
So I heard that BE have a bad ending? Is that true first off, and if it is, is the the way to avoid it *SUPER* obvious or am i like...gonna have to replay?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently I've lost the entire month of Chapter 6 for not reading carefully... time to go back to an older save and lose hours of progress I guess. :(

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

What is the best way to recruit students into your house? From what I am reading, it seems to be gardening and gifting flowers.
Raising Byleth's support rank with the character you want to recruit to B makes the requirements much easier to meet.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017

Eating meals helps a lot too, I did it all through copious meal eating instead of flower gifting which I think I only did on the last couple students. (I recruited everyone you can). Eating meals is better, I think, because while raising your supports for the recruit, it also gets your professor rank up faster, which gives you more free time for more support grinding and more efficient gardening. So early on I personally would grow ingredients instead of flowers.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
So I heard that BE have a bad ending? Is that true first off, and if it is, is the the way to avoid it *SUPER* obvious or am i like...gonna have to replay?
It's not a bad ending, it's an alternate path, essentially a fourth route. You're given an explicit choice. From what I've heard, it makes the most sense to do the alternate path after all three normal routes, assuming you are doing them all.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Ends justify the means
I deleted the spoiler from my quote because I don't want to see it, but I'm really intrigued to see how they justify everything. Clearly doing the wrong thing for the right reasons is wrong, but I'm really intrigued with the why and the ends that she's looking for. I just got to the timeskip on the Blue Lions route so I've got a ton of questions and am really excited to see what happens, especially with Dimitri's character.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Eating meals helps a lot too, I did it all through copious meal eating instead of flower gifting which I think I only did on the last couple students. (I recruited everyone you can). Eating meals is better, I think, because while raising your supports for the recruit, it also gets your professor rank up faster, which gives you more free time for more support grinding and more efficient gardening. So early on I personally would grow ingredients instead of flowers.

Interesting, and here I thought the whole point of feeding students was to raise the motivation in my own house.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So, how do I raise a support rank with someone not in my house? Gift and feed them?
That does have an effect, but what I did for Marianne (and am now doing for Lysithea) is ask them to assist in battles for the month. Playing on Normal with unlimited Auxiliary battles made this a lot easier than it would be on Hard, but I basically used every opportunity to boost Marianne's support level.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California
40 hours in and I'm still having a great time but the lack of good or even serviceable cutscenes is starting to drag down the experience a bit. It's hard to feel excitement when something "cool" happens and it's just a bad piece of still art pasted onto the middle of the screen. Some of them have made me and my boyfriend die from laughing though so it's keeping us entertained.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What happened here? I want to make sure it doesn't happen to me. :O
There is an option in explore mode to continue to the month's mission. Wait until the last date for free time explore mode to trigger it (or you can skip the last date to explore for the same result with a different cutscene on the actual mission date).

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Just finished my first playthrough (Black Eagles) and had a few spoilery questions about the other routes.

1) Is the young Edelgard and Dimitri cg exclusive to a specific route or did i just miss it?
2) Does Sothis permanently disappear in all the routes after the Kronya/Solon fight? Or is it just the 'side with Edelgard' route where she doesn't show up again?
3) Is there any reason why Marianne never showed up post timeskip for me? I'm pretty sure I was close to recruiting her so I was just wondering if it's a regular thing for her to not show up or if it was based on support links.

Thanks in advance!

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Man, that first fight after the timeskip (Blue Lions)
Just me and my boy Dimitri dropping every fucking one, and then some of my students show up and they're fucking gorgeous... what is this game.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
You'll get a prompt warning you, just read carefully.

I'll have to with that tiny text. 🎤 😎 Thank you, thank you, folks—

There is a point where you go up to a gate and it says that if you go in you will progress the story and skip to the rest of the month.
I skimmed it and missed the skipping the month thing.
There's a prompt that will tell you doing something will immediately skip to the end of the month during an Exploration day. Best to not do it until the very last Sunday.
There is an option in explore mode to continue to the month's mission. Wait until the last possible free time explore mode (or you can skip the last chance to explore for the same result with a different cutscene).

I will be wary, thank you all.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Interesting, and here I thought the whole point of feeding students was to raise the motivation in my own house.
You're probably better off just giving them gifts and using activities that use up time to benefit your house. Also, you can ask a student that you want to recruit to temporarily join your house just for one month, allowing you to build affinity with them just by having that person stand next to Byleth during battle.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
There is an option in explore mode to continue to the month's mission. Wait until the last date for free time explore mode to trigger it (or you can skip the last date to explore for the same result with a different cutscene on the actual mission date).
This different cutscene, does it effect anything? Like losing out on potential dialogue options that raise your bond with characters?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
That's not true,
the alternate path for Edelgard is only seen as an 'alternate' one by virtue of you needing a couple of criteria to reach it. In reality, the 'standard' BE choice is 'the church' and the other one is 'follow Edelgard', meaning there is a route following each of the four main factions, it's just that two of them spring from BE due to their actions instigating stuff. None of the routes are 'bad end', it's all a matter of perspective. You can't be locked into Edelgard's route without two deliberate and obvious decisions in her favour, and you won't even find the route without meeting the (very easy)criteria first, so don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.