• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
So I just started the game and was wondering if there was any character similar to Donnel from awakening with insane growth potential?

I just really like that type of character trope.
I'm playing Golden Deer, and Marianne is very much this for me so far, both in stats and story, but it takes some time to get there.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Bql6P7B.jpg

Other Houses don't need students, right?

I was wondering if I could manage to poach everyone in the end, and Chapter 11, I seem to have made it (aside from Hilda, who as of Chapter 11,wants nothing to do with F!Byleth in the Eagles)

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler Question:

Asides from Flayn, are there any characters from the Church of Seiros or the Knights of Alois that I cannot recruit if I choose the follow Edleguard down? Because many of my recruits are from them

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
How are people building Caspar? I have him using Axes, but I'm wondering if that's a mistake. He sucks.

Also I'm on that map where you have to either kill Death Knight or kill all the other enemies...and you lose in 25 turns. I have to figure out how to spread out my units across the map, because I don't think killing Death Knight is viable for me, but the others are very spread out.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler Question:

Asides from Flayn, are there any characters from the Church of Seiros or the Knights of Alois that I cannot recruit if I choose the follow Edleguard down? Because many of my recruits are from them
I know Seteth and Catherine also stay with the Church but not sure on the others

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So you should try to recruit all the people you want before the timeskip, right? there's no chance to do it later? I want to recruit Petra and maybe Lysithea, but that's it.

If post timeskip it's an all out war against the other characters i wouldn't want to recruit overpowered characters so it doesn't get too easy...

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I'm spending a lot of time panicking about min-maxing everything. I do the same with Persona games which this has a somewhat similar structure to. Am I going to be at a major detriment if I just focus on everyones default/best skill during lectures? I need to take a load off my concerns of being too underpowered in the late game.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
So you should try to recruit all the people you want before the timeskip, right? there's no chance to do it later? I want to recruit Petra and maybe Lysithea, but that's it.

If post timeskip it's an all out war against the other characters i wouldn't want to recruit overpowered characters so it doesn't get too easy...
I have seen post-timeskip recruitment from another player but I don't know the context of how they did it. Best to do it before to be safe

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Might be a dumb question, but I just got to the time skip and
was wondering if the other houses stories are drastically different as far as stories/missions. If I picked the girl's house, would someone else be "evil", or do I understand more by going back and replaying the other houses?

I picked Golden Deer, and it seems to be pretty heavy on the religious stuff.

I start a new job Thursday so I'm rushing through this on casual/normal, but I'm loving it so far.
That aspect is the same, but my understanding is everything you actually see and do afterwards is different.
That's the fourth path, you can either be with Dim, with Claude, with Edelgard and be a traitorous loser, or go against her.

My understanding is you CAN, but it's harder. My experience 4 months post skip is definitely that it's not something you're going to be easily or routinely doing, I've not even seen when I COULD have done it.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I'm spending a lot of time panicking about min-maxing everything. I do the same with Persona games which this has a somewhat similar structure to. Am I going to be at a major detriment if I just focus on everyones default/best skill during lectures? I need to take a load off my concerns of being too underpowered in the late game.
I'm spending so much time on min maxing too. You'll be fine if you focus on everyone's default skill.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
How are people building Caspar? I have him using Axes, but I'm wondering if that's a mistake. He sucks.

Also I'm on that map where you have to either kill Death Knight or kill all the other enemies...and you lose in 25 turns. I have to figure out how to spread out my units across the map, because I don't think killing Death Knight is viable for me, but the others are very spread out.
He brawls with his fists, baring his mini chest as a wrassle man and gets them 4X hits on occasion.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
What difficulties are you playing on? If you're playing normal, you'll be fine, especially if you take a day to do some grinding. Just make sure to be smart about rewind.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Dumb question; if you have a friendly ally (one who later probably become a recruitable unit, in this case Gilbert) fall in battle, does he stay dead in Classic mode?

He mentions just retreating, that's why I'm asking

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
What difficulties are you playing on? If you're playing normal, you'll be fine, especially if you take a day to do some grinding. Just make sure to be smart about rewind.
I'm playing on hard mode right now, I haven't had trouble so far but I'm also not too far in the game either. I typically find normal too easy in other FE games, but the other ones didn't have the teaching mechanic this does so it's making it tough for me to know how to proceed. Decision paralysis is real with this one.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Some of those B-Support conversations for Bernadetta...

9dd.jpg

...sure hope I get the chance to """meet""" her father, even if it's just a Paralogue. He sounds like a well-swell guy.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Currently at Chapter 7, the story is getting darker and the gameplay even more intriguing, I am already at around 12 hours in 4 days, which for my standards it is quite a lot of time. I recruited Sylvain and Ingrid, next target is Lysithea. Now it is becoming more difficult to decide which units to use for each battle.

Dutch Masters

Jun 7, 2018
If I let everyone in my house die how do the cutscenes play out?

Also if I bring someone along for mission assistance will they die if they're defeated in battle? Can I wipe out the entire school minus the house leaders?

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
So I just started the game and was wondering if there was any character similar to Donnel from awakening with insane growth potential?

I just really like that type of character trope.

No there isnt. There is one aptitude user but just like in fates that particular character has been balanced so even with the aptitude skill they get average level ups. They dont want another donnel lmao

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
popping in to say this game is FANTASTIC!! I absolutely love it. The 1-2 punch of Super Mario Maker 2 and This made the summer for me. Nintendo is on fire and the rest of the year is stacked!

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't I use the lost items/gift option on Hilda? I've had a lost item of hers for months but have never been able to give it to her and I just got another one a month or two ago

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
Loving this game! Just confused about 1 thing. Don't want to go snooping around the internet looking for answers to avoid all other spoilers. I tried to recruit someone from another class and it says they like magic and something else I can't remember. Does that mean I should train Byleth in those skills? That's a bit of a problem since I think I'm approaching the time skip.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing on hard mode right now, I haven't had trouble so far but I'm also not too far in the game either. I typically find normal too easy in other FE games, but the other ones didn't have the teaching mechanic this does so it's making it tough for me to know how to proceed. Decision paralysis is real with this one.
So my approach has been, if there's some three-star hidden skill, to push to that because supposedly the skill that unlocks with that is very useful and it will also turn that teaching route into a preferred route. Other than that, I tend to stick with the defaults. I'll admit, I'm not very far in though.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Bernadetta is so good as a cavalier. I really appreciate how they opened up weapon use across classes in this game, cavalry archer amazing.

I also like that they got rid of the rock paper scissors shit if i'm being honest too.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loving this game! Just confused about 1 thing. Don't want to go snooping around the internet looking for answers to avoid all other spoilers. I tried to recruit someone from another class and it says they like magic and something else I can't remember. Does that mean I should train Byleth in those skills? That's a bit of a problem since I think I'm approaching the time skip.
Yes it means you need a certain level of skills and stats for them to want to learn from you. This is lowered if you get some support levels with them, which is how people are cheesing to recruit lots.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't I use the lost items/gift option on Hilda? I've had a lost item of hers for months but have never been able to give it to her and I just got another one a month or two ago
If you're playing Black Eagles she doesn't like you. I think you will be able to give her things in the last (pre-skip) month from what I hear, but I haven't made it there personally yet.

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX

25 turns is a lot. I spent about 10 turns with half my squad stuck next to a locked door, while the rest backtracked, and I still finished the mission around turn 18 (while still opening every chest). I wasn't able to kill the Death Knight, but only because the dudes in his room were the last ones alive, so once I killed them the mission ended.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Gahdamn. How did you get so many??

Getting to B rank support with who you're trying to grab makes the weapon proficiency utterly negligible. I basically spammed gifts, (there's merchants you unlock in a sidequest that sell like 20 gifts a month, and I grew heaps in the Greenhouse) made sure to make my way around the Monastery to pick up lost items, used the meals and choir to build up support points, used left over free time for Faculty Training to get the proficiencies in stuff like Armour and Flying, and took out of house people as Adjudants every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.