• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the goal to hit Master Class for every character?

I just hit Professor rank C and not every Master Class fits what I had in mind for the character.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
oh man, just got to the mission in Chapter...7?

this game is so good

making me
fight without Edelgard, though...pretty brutal!

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
If Hanneman's support page shows that time needs to pass before I can progress our relationship, should I no longer do anything like gifts or activities with him? Like is it helping add to the support rank in the background or is it just completely frozen for now?

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
Had my first teaching lesson and christ idk what I'm doing. Am I not supposed to use all the lesson points or whatever on a single character? Their emoji went from green happy to blue meh real fast but I thought I had to pick three students to lvl up

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
is there a limit to the faculty i can recruit or is it just that these two are the other house heads so it's not like I can get them for my team?

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Had my first teaching lesson and christ idk what I'm doing. Am I not supposed to use all the lesson points or whatever on a single character? Their emoji went from green happy to blue meh real fast but I thought I had to pick three students to lvl up
Use all your points. The emoji is how much motivation they have. If you have full motivation, you should be able to instruct them around 4 times.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, use them all. It uses one lesson per student and once you're doing it teach them until you can't anymore.

The emoji is just a quick representation fo the guage - the motivation gauge is what dictates how many lessons you can give them.

IE: I teach Claude, he's green smiley with 4 motivation, teach him 4 times and it drops to 0 and the grey :| face. there's no downside to this, it just prevents you from teaching him again, and you will need to re-motivate in order to get the most out of your lessons next time.

Basically: Teaching is the fastest way to raise skill levels, but you have to put work in to keep motivation up, battling doesn't give them much motivation but it gives them xp and class xp. They're both valuable in different ways.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Ok. Screw that protect Rhea paralogue. It is virtually impossible not to lose someone when my team is full of squishies

I'm honestly tempted to switch to normal just to get this over with.

And screw fog of war.

AppleSautts

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I was struggling a bit with Hard mode at first but things got significantly better once I started promoting everyone past commoner/noble.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have a number of how many students you can pick in one day (it should be 3 early on, but you get more), then each student has motivation. The higher the motivation the more you can teach and then you want to spend all the points for that student. Between your next lesson and now you regain motivation (with dinner or supports) for the next instruction period

So you want to pick your students with the most motivation and spend it all.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Jeez all this goal setting and instruct for the characters is overwhelming. They just thrust all of it on you from the get go. I guess I should be aiming for the skills that I want to class my units in? Or should I be aiming for those hidden talents?

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Fuck me, I have to wake up early tomorrow but I can't lie down and sleep because I just keep thinking about this game.

Just one or two weeks won't hurt, right? Just to scratch the itch off

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah. Me thinks I'll skip that particular paralogue until I can recruit less squishy people. Maybe Felix and Ferdinand.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez all this goal setting and instruct for the characters is overwhelming. They just thrust all of it on you from the get go. I guess I should be aiming for the skills that I want to class my units in? Or should I be aiming for those hidden talents?
Yeah, aim at skills you want to class your units in. If it happens to be a budding talent, that's even better.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Screw that protect Rhea paralogue. It is virtually impossible not to lose someone when my team is full of squishies

I'm honestly tempted to switch to normal just to get this over with.

And screw fog of war.
Torches are mandatory on Fog of War maps IMO. Slap 'em on your frontliners and use them when you move them up significantly.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Is it better to wait for characters to get the beginner skills from their beginner class before promoting them to an intermediate? Or is it better to go ahead and get them into Intermediate as soon as they hit level 10? I can't tell if it's an entirely revamped system or if it's the same philosophy of maxing out at level 20 before promotion to get all the best stats from previous Fire Emblems.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Is it better to wait for characters to get the beginner skills from their beginner class before promoting them to an intermediate? Or is it better to go ahead and get them into Intermediate as soon as they hit level 10? I can't tell if it's an entirely revamped system or if it's the same philosophy of maxing out at level 20 before promotion to get all the best stats from previous Fire Emblems.
Class levels don't reset so it's a good idea to max out a class(for the skill) then reclass. That being said, a lot of the beginner skills aren't very good (HP+5) so you could reclass immediately.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'd go straight to Intermediate, honestly. You've got a lot of grinding ahead to max out Intermediate classes, and the bonuses there are strong (better mastery abilities, better stats if you go for a quick levelup, better growths...).
Did everyone really pick Black Eagles? After reading the library lore, I'm so glad I didn't. Golden Deer for life.
Goddamn right we did.

Hail the Emperor!

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like a parody of what he should've been, my Felix had so many terrible level ups that I gave up and benched him for the moment.

Leonie though had such a ridiculous streak that she surpassed everyone including Edelgard (except on strength/charisma, Edie is a beast there). My protag is the only one that had better luck, but she's close.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

Levels do not reset on promotion anymore, so there is no point waiting unless you are missing the class exclusive skill and yoj really want it. The first promotion is availible at lvl 5 and the second at lvl 20. Get them asap and try to get the class exclusive skill if possible

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
I accidentally rejected a support conversation with Shamia and now the game's saying "It seems an opportunity to deepen your bond was missed..", have I fucked that support tree permanently or will the chance come up again?? Anyone else done this so far?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After much debate... finally went Blue Lions. The supporting cast was too charming for me to pass up.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I took your advice and oh my god it like an hour
it was the Dorothea and Ingrid one in a volcano. It was the worst. It told me to kill the leader of the area to stop reenforcements but they kept coming even after I killed them. There was so many enemies and it took forever because the lava slowed me down too. It was annoying. Still need to do 2 more. Hopefully they don't take as long

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately haven't had such a hard time putting a game down since Breath of the Wild.

I went Golden Deer because I heard it has the best story.
Not sure anyone has finished them all to truly compare, but 35 hours in I don't regret Deer at all. Claude is a fantastic leader and character, Edelgard might be pretty but as a person she sucks. That's my TOTALLY nonbiased take.

Oct 25, 2017
I was away so sorry for the late response to this but, yeah. It's not that crazy, this game actively encourages you to get your supports up with people you haven't recruited yet, so that you can recruit them. I spend most of my free time eating meals with students. It gets you A LOT of teacher rank, and gets you a lot of support ranks with the students. I got to two supports with hilda even though I can't even give her gifts or lost items (she seems to be uninteractable at first for black eagles)
Yeah, I just meant I did all that and battled with some of them twice and have one B support, the rest Cs. Even did their paralogue.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, tapping out after 30 hours. Loved the game, but I'm getting tired and I actually have real life stuff that was supposed to be done this weekend that I never even started.

On the chapter 8 map.

Loved the idea of making Edelgard into a Wyvern Knight until I realized I was subconsciously making her out to be Khaleesi, so ... that's weird now.

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugghhhh I love this game but I'm getting frustrated by the choices I'm making, I don't know whether I'm making the right ones anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.