• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Stupid question from a first time FE player. I just had my main character pass certification to become a monk. This class says it uses magic for both offense and defense. How do I equip spells for the first time? I just see my sword?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game's gameplay loop extremely addictive. At this point I've mostly forgotten most of my initial nitpicks.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Stupid question from a first time FE player. I just had my main character pass certification to become a monk. This class says it uses magic for both offense and defense. How do I equip spells for the first time? I just see my sword?
If you go into the inventory or equipment screen, you see the spells as well. You have to probably level the monk class a little bit to unlock spells though.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Petra tows the line real well of having a character struggle with a second language enough to be funny/endearing without being so absurdly over the top so as to be unbelievable.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Petra is pretty damn solid. Great character range, can do the silly and the serious stuff really well. I think Hubert might be my fav Black Eagle, though - or at least, he's got the best support convos.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
How do you give people items? I found the wooden button that I swear is Raphael's but I see no way to give it to him. (or do I have the wrong guy).

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
The game is a lot more flexible about weapon use right. If I make Bernadetta into something like say a Cavalier, will she still be able to use her bow from horseback?

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Petra tows the line real well of having a character struggle with a second language enough to be funny/endearing without being so absurdly over the top so as to be unbelievable.
She's so well written, she understands everything around her, but can't speak from herself without making mistakes. Everybody who speaks a second language knows that struggle. I'm playing in Japanese, which I learnt as my second language and she speaks and feels exactly like I did for the first couple of years in Japan whilst I was first getting immersed. Most relatable character for me in pretty much forever

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I'm not even very far yet, and I'm already kind of overwhelmed by/tired of the ratio between walking around the monastery collecting dialogue or fulfilling quests vs. actually participating in combat missions.

I enjoy the idea of a venue through which to expose the lore and flesh out characters. But I really miss the sense of travel that was front and center in Awakening. In a future game, it'd be nice to have more free-roam maps in different places around the world where you can pick up lore and get to know the people involved at that point in the story.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
So I just started the game, what exactly does choosing a class change? I keep seeing people saying they have separate stories, but I kinda find that hard to believe.

Are they separate in the sense that its basically the same game just slightly different perspectives? or is fully fledged different stories/missions?

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
So I just started the game, what exactly does choosing a class change? I keep seeing people saying they have separate stories, but I kinda find that hard to believe.

Are they separate in the sense that its basically the same game just slightly different perspectives? or is fully fledged different stories/missions?
Same from different perspectives until 20 hours in, then the back half of the game is entirely different, maps, stories, missions etc are all different.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin

Different story missions afaik. And other characters in your team.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I love my boys.

Three-Houses-Blue-Lions-Classroom-600x300.png

I'll do anything for them.

Also, it's 6AM, I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in the second weekend activity section, and one character is looking for a blue cloth, while another found one. Is there any way for me to resolve this situation, or is it just there for flavour?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I just passed the battle where your get the special sword.

The customization is incredible, but one nitpick I have is that it's annoying to can't see what a character's goals are when you're in the inventory management screen. It would make it a lot easier to distribute appropriate weapons.

The plot is pretty obvious where it is going, although I'm curious about one thing:

I think all the characters well realize the (Central) church is evil, but assuming that happens, where will the students go to learn? I doubt that would be able to stay at Garreg Mach.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
All the Black Eagles have grown on me so much, except Bernadetta... her supports are awful.

I still haven't been able to recruit anyone but I've gotten supports with characters from other houses. Any recruiting tips? I'm on month 8, not sure if I should have been able to by now.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Is this like other FE games, where I should level up as much as possible before promoting my characters?

Nov 3, 2017
Should I be using Goals to level up my students' main weapons, or should I be doing that in battle and using Goals to level up other skills?

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
All the Black Eagles have grown on me so much, except Bernadetta... her supports are awful.

I still haven't been able to recruit anyone but I've gotten supports with characters from other houses. Any recruiting tips? I'm on month 8, not sure if I should have been able to by now.
Yeah.. Bernadetta's definitely my best fighting unit (she just kills everything that looks at her; she got to L20 whilst everyone else was 13-15) but her supports and personality.. eesh. They went way to hard on the hikikomori thing, it leans more towards annoying than endearing.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
You get abilities for maxing the current class, but you can promote and go back to the other class at any time.

I can go back to a previous class? So it's fine to promote early?

lol there isn't a single FE outside of Tellius (and even here it's arguably due to scarcity of early promote opportunities) where this has been the case to begin with

Well, it's what I did in the ones I played at least. :/

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they made a huge mistake by not including harder difficulties. You have an overwhelming number of customization options but you don't need to use any of them to cruise through the hardest difficulty, so the whole school sections come across as bloat. Characters are too one dimensional to be worth it for talking to them alone.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've only just met them but the Blue Lions do indeed seem to be the superior house, as expected.

Why does Mercedes not know how to pronounce her own name tho.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
It took me so long to get home today I was only able to put about 45 minutes into the game, tomorrow is going to be a fun day though. I made a decision not to look too deeply at the houses and make an impulse choice the day of. I picked yellow.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
7 hours in so far and really liking it so far.

Stoked the other routes seem to be worth doing as well. I am going to be playing this for a loooooong time

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Petra was destined to be a sword master, and Ferdinand a hero. Edelgard I'm going to make a wyvern rider. But I can't decide who to make an assassin. I haven't really done much recruiting though, I just love assassins but none have popped out to me yet.

I loathe Bernadetta, level 1 forever.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I've decided not to worry too much about recruiting other students. I'll still ask, and if they accept then yay, but if they say no, then whatever. I have a plan for Byleth and don't want to stray too far off course just to woo these students I'll have access to later anyway (i.e. when I do my other playthrus.)

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
I really regret starting the game on Normal/Classic. Just finished the Red Canyon level and it's way too easy. Debating whether to restart the game on Hard/Classic; I'm about 4.5 hours in.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Restarted and chose Hard/Casual, still went with Golden Deer. I'm two missions in, only completing the mock battle, two of my units died during it Raphael and Leonie. Magic is strong as hell, wipes 'em both out as I tried to take up defensive positions in the bushes. Still won, but this isn't as easy as I thought, or more likely me being rusty since I haven't played since Sacred Stones.

Question, I heard you could farm fishing for exp. but with bait being needed that seems unlikely? Still super early so maybe I need to progress further but I would be down to grind the fishing mini game to level up my professor rank.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
At this point I've decided not to worry too much about recruiting other students. I'll still ask, and if they accept then yay, but if they say no, then whatever. I have a plan for Byleth and don't want to stray too far off course just to woo these students I'll have access to later anyway (i.e. when I do my other playthrus.)

Byleth: "Hey. I just beat up some bandits... wanna join?"

Student: "Nah."

Byleth: "Hey. I've been working really hard on making everybody skilled and happy. Wanna join?"

Student: "Nah."

Byleth: "Why...not?"

Student: "YOU LACK THE AUTHORITY AND REASON AND SWORD SKILL. NOW GET OUTTA MY FACE".

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lysithea is getting hilariously minmaxed in my early going in my playthrough, just constant Speed and Magic and that's it. I think it's clear who the glass cannon of the Golden Deer. I kinda want to give her a horse so she can swoop in and run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.