• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
It has been a fantastic ride to see Fire Emblem grow to be one of Nintendo's most recognizable IPs, from FE7 introducing the series to the west and Awakening saving it by catering to a more general audience, not to mention FE Heroes making millions of $

It is a good time to be a FE fan

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations to Koei Tecmo. Maybe Intelligent Systems can learn from them to finally write a good story internally.

It's a bit embarrassing to get bested by dynasty warriors writers

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Congratulations to Koei Tecmo. Maybe Intelligent Systems can learn from them to finally write a good story internally.

It's a bit embarrassing to get bested by dynasty warriors writers
If you look on IMDb you will see that none of the Three Houses writers have ever been a Dynasty Warriors writer.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
Intelligent Systems released Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest and Revelation), Paper Mario Color Splash and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia in 2015, 2016 and 2017. (and I believe development of all of them was in-house)

With Fire Emblem Three Houses being mostly done by Koei Tecmo, do you folks believe it's possible that IS has been working on another Fire Emblem game (maybe a remake) alongside Paper Mario The Origami King? I understand developing for Switch ain't the same as developing for 3DS, but it probably is easier than developing for Wii U... It's hard to believe they spent the last 3 years working solely on Paper Mario.

I hope they announce something next year, even if it's for a 2022 release.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Intelligent Systems developed Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest and Revelation), Paper Mario Color Splash and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

With Fire Emblem Three Houses being mostly done by Koei Tecmo, do you folks believe it's possible that IS has been working on another Fire Emblem game (maybe a remake) alongside Paper Mario The Origami King? I understand developing for Switch ain't the same as developing for 3DS, but it probably is easier than developing for Wii U... It's hard to believe they spent the last 3 years working solely on Paper Mario.

I expect an announcement next year. Prolly for a FE4 remake.
Wasn't there a rumour that a FE remake was in development for the 3DS, which was put aside after Nintendo realized that the 3DS was truly dead? I remember something like this coming from Imran if I'm not wrong. Maybe they rebuild it as a Switch game...

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved, cant wait to see where to go next to follow this!
Hope this thread doesn't turn into another discourse and debate about the classes and lords. Fire Emblem continues to grow and I hope that more money can go to it.
Give me a Genealogy remake IntSys.
It's not a three house thread without having people trying to restart the same old tired conversation. It almost seems like an automatic reponse at that point.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I hope this continued and increased commercial success means they'll put a good bit more money behind the next game. Three Houses was quite good, but god was it an ugly game with a lot of really weird and noticeable shortcuts that affected the game both visually and structurally.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Intelligent Systems released Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest and Revelation), Paper Mario Color Splash and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia in 2015, 2016 and 2017. (and I believe development of all of them was in-house)

There are a couple of key team figures/leaders who are missing from Three Houses and Origami King, so it's possible they were already in other games, although it's also possible they're just stuck in Heroes since we don't have full credits for that (or at least I haven't seen them if they're available).

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA

I think it's a safe bet that they've got something else in the works, don't know for sure if it's Fire Emblem or not.

Personally I can't wait for the day we see a Tellius remake. Hopefully Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in one.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
I expect an announcement next year. Prolly for a FE4 remake.
Wasn't there a rumour that a FE remake was in development for the 3DS, which was put aside after Nintendo realized that the 3DS was truly dead? I remember something like this coming from Imran if I'm not wrong. Maybe they rebuild it as a Switch game...
There are a couple of key team figures/leaders who are missing from Three Houses and Origami King, so it's possible they were already in other games, although it's also possible they're just stuck in Heroes since we don't have full credits for that (or at least I haven't seen them if they're available).
I think it's a safe bet that they've got something else in the works, don't know for sure if it's Fire Emblem or not.

Personally I can't wait for the day we see a Tellius remake. Hopefully Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in one.
I hope they are. I am totally fine with a remake. I loved Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and if they make this "Echoes" thing a series to bring their older games while we wait for a new installment, it will be fantastic.

I know Heroes actually gets some of their focus because of its success, but hopefully the other leaders are working on something for Switch. Even if it isn't Fire Emblem, I don't want to wait until 2023 for a new game from them.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
We'll deserved! Finished Crimson Flower route a few months ago, and am contemplating picking a different house for a new playthrough.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I hope they are. I am totally fine with a remake. I loved Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and if they make this "Echoes" thing a series to bring their older games while we wait for a new installment, it will be fantastic.

I know Heroes actually gets some of their focus because of its success, but hopefully the other leaders are working on something for Switch. Even if it isn't Fire Emblem, I don't want to wait until 2023 for a new game from them.
Yeah, honestly I'd grab any remake they put out. I loved the Tellius and GB games and would instantly grab any remakes of those. Never got into the 3DS games because for whatever reason I just don't really like low res screens with 3D graphics. Never got into games that weren't localized, for obvious reasons. Still one of my favorite franchises though so I'll eat up more Fire Emblem in a heartbeat.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who is missing? I only noticed Kouhei Maeda.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to have an update that means Three Houses has outsold even all versions of Fates put together, meaning no confusion over the series' best-seller anymore.

Here's hoping we get an FE4 remake and more. Even just localized FE3/4/5 ala FE1's upcoming treatment would be wonderful.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Best game ever made. Very very well deserved. I can't wait for whatever comes next (for me hopefully a Genealogy remake with better maps, an updated battle system, a camp hub and modern supports - I'd also love a follow-up to 3H, but that's complicated unless they want to make four paths from the start so that each 3H path could be 'canon')

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Best game ever made. Very very well deserved. I can't wait for whatever comes next (for me hopefully a Genealogy remake with better maps, an updated battle system, a camp hub and modern supports - I'd also love a follow-up to 3H, but that's complicated unless they want to make four paths from the start so that each 3H path could be 'canon')

The only sequel to FETH I'd accept is one based on an unrealized fifth path where all four protagonists/antagonists stories are realized and Those Who Slither definitely wiped out.

They should never, ever choose a canon path, not even my favorite path.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I've said this a lot of times but I'd love a prequel to TH or a game that happens concurrently to TH but in another region. I don't think a sequel is possible since they'd have to choose a canon path.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
congrats!

btw iirc it's going to be $35 at best buy this black friday for anyone who wants to give it a try

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I've said this a lot of times but I'd love a prequel to TH or a game that happens concurrently to TH but in another region. I don't think a sequel is possible since they'd have to choose a canon path.
Since it's possible for Claude to live in every route (And he runs to Almyra in every route), you could set a sequel starring Claude in Almyra while playing coy with what the state of Fodlan is like.

Deleted member 42641

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Great game, hope they dont do another mutliple path structure and just weaken a pretty solid story they couldve had

Really want this team to get solid budgets to work on presentation

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
You people missed the entire point of that particular path if you're serious.
I'm literally quite certain that politically, most of Era would side with Edelgard.

Edelgard literally stands for the separation of church and state, and fought a war so people disenfranchised from religion could be safe and prosperous. She also wanted to make peace with people from other countries like Bridghid, and she wanted nobles to not exist anymore and for their to be a proper distribution for wealth.

Also, the way she fought her war, was to midigate as many casualties as possible. Rhea just wanted to throw people out there, and see if they stick. She really didn't care about her subjects.

You can't really argue like that, and I stan for my empress.

Deleted member 42641

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
I'm literally quite certain that politically, most of Era would side with Edelgard.

Edelgard literally stands for the separation of church and state, and fought a war so people disenfranchised from religion could be safe and prosperous. She also wanted to make peace with people from other countries like Bridghid, and she wanted nobles to not exist anymore and for their to be a proper distribution for wealth.

Also, the way she fought her war, was to midigate as many casualties as possible. Rhea just wanted to throw people out there, and see if they stick. She really didn't care about her subjects.

The problem with Three Houses is that like the game makes it so you cant argue which house/leader was right. All three of them essentially want the same thing. Edelgards character really falls apart because she never tries to reach out to the other countries and explain her position, then goes and invades them.

Her point of wanting to get rid of nobels and stop the church is all right, but she also tries taking over countries that have had no real hand in what is going on with her personally, or at the very least never makes any attempt to reach out becuase if she did, the game wouldnt have a story.

I think Three Houses has a really good story, that was split up that really weakend it and they took weak exits on writing edelgards and the other leaders creators with the leaders not having to disagree with each other on something for the wars to make sense

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

Dimitri is a social progressive, Edelgard is a revolutionary progressive and Claude is a MYSTERIOUS progressive.

I do like Rhea a lot though and one of the problems with certain routes is that characters motivation is never properly gone into, and sometimes goes against how they are in other routes. I think it's best to look at characters in their own route rather than compare to how they act in others.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Greatly deserved. Best Fire Emblem to date, the only problem is that it shouldn't look as bad as it does but the fact that it resonated with so many people despite of it speaks a lot of its quality. Hiring the Romance of the Three Kingdoms team to develop it really paid off, hope they get the reigns of the series from now on.

Off topic but I was really surprised at how much Mario Tennis Aces sold. In a perfect world this would translate into an appropriate budget for a new Golden Sun but that most likely won't be the case.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

She also started a war that would kill so many based on the paranoia that others would not be on the same side as her, created situation where her fellow students would most possibly get murdered to get weapons and relics, accepted directly or indirectly help from magical nazis, probably turned some of her army and citizens into abominations considering the amount of beasts you fight in the other routes in her command, and did all that based on incomplete, and some outright false, data.

There are reasons why people are on edelgard side, or are against her choices in the game, it's not a perfect situation where someone is absolutely right, which makes the game story works so much better.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

I'd love a 'golden route' follow-up that's just the base game + way more story splits to the point it's essentially a whole new thing. Like I want everything to be on the table, including skipping the time skip or convincing one house leader to join another.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
What a masterclass that game is. Hats off to that team evolving that formula. Can't wait for whats next from them!

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is it the best Fire Emblem to date as well?
Not even close. It is completely limp as a tactics title (sans the DLC which had more of a bite to it) while its writing is a mixed bag; the characters are some of the best and most realized in the series, aided by some spectacular voice acting/direction but the story surrounding said characters is an utter mess.

Three Houses has a terrific template that could make for the greatest game in Fire Emblem history. I look forward to the next game making better use of the tools at its disposal. As it stands, i'd put it just below Awakening, if only for Awakening's impact on the series and for its impact on the 3DS.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018

Pretty much this and this vvv
Reminder that CF was the best route.

6sVYXyw.png
(Also, the theme song of the game is song by her VO actor, is about her and has a heart-beat beat that ties into how the Prof doesn't have a heart-beat and ... only gets one in her path.)
*Chef kiss

People get hung up on her being the inciting incident of the story regardless of path because "War Bad".
I understand that mental block cause you see it in RL today in many different ways where (not get too peachy) people value the status quo and put faith in a "slow but steady" change even when it doesn't shake out.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much this and this vvv

(Also, the theme song of the game is song by her VO actor, is about her and has a heart-beat beat that ties into how the Prof doesn't have a heart-beat and ... only gets one in her path.)
*Chef kiss

People get hung up on her being the inciting incident of the story regardless of path because "War Bad".
I understand that mental block cause you see it in RL today in many different ways where (not get too peachy) people value the status quo and put faith in a "slow but steady" change even when it doesn't shake out.

What's weird to me is that I see a lot of people who love Edelgard say that Dimitri was fighting for the status quo, which isn't true at all. Or even that he was fighting for "slow and steady change" when he put all of his being into fighting injustice.

That and something I value most out of Dimitri is that he was tired of the poor and weak being put into the meat grinder for everyone else. As someone who grew up in an extremely poor area, I'm definitely tired of poor people being the first to fight wars, be on the frontlines for COVID-19, deal with the brunt of every decision ever made, etc etc and then be told that if you tried just a bit harder, you'd be able to get somewhere in life. While ignoring all of the social challenges involved.

It's weird to me more people don't like Dimitri AND Edelgard.

lightning16

May 17, 2019

This is what I'm hoping for and I do think Intelligent Systems probably has to be working on either a Fire Emblem game or a WarioWare game or something. Like you, I can't imagine they've only been working on Origami King the past 3 years. I'd be thrilled if IS and KT decided to trade entries in the series going forward. Give me all the Fire Emblem games.

Will be especially interesting to see how it looks visually, if they are working on a Fire Emblem game. Intelligent Systems has some pretty good looking games in general. I love Three Houses but it's certainly not a pretty game and I could see there being a pretty huge difference in visuals between an Intelligent Systems remake for Switch and Three Houses, unless they decide to use the same engine.

Oct 25, 2017
This period of Nintendo success makes it so hard to place an accurate anchor point.

Topping three million copies is definitely an over-performance in relation to the Fire Emblem series, but it seems like an under-performance in relation to first-party Switch software sales for games with high critical and fan acclaim.

Regardless, I adore Three Houses. Easily my favorite in the series and cannot wait to see what the next game entails.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Is this higher than Nioh 1 making it Koei Tecmo's highest seller of all time?
Best I could find was this article from February. They're both at 3m so Nioh probably has a slight lead.

www.pcgamesinsider.biz

Nioh has shifted three million copies worldwide

Samurai Souls-inspired title Nioh has sold three million copies worldwide. As revealed on Twitter ( below ) by the game's publisher Koei Tecmo, the title hit the milestone three years after its in...

This period of Nintendo success makes it so hard to place an accurate anchor point.

Topping three million copies is definitely an over-performance in relation to the Fire Emblem series, but it seems like an under-performance in relation to first-party Switch software sales for games with high critical and fan acclaim.

Regardless, I adore Three Houses. Easily my favorite in the series and cannot wait to see what the next game entails.

To be fair the genre is quite niche. I can't think of any SRPGs that sold as much as other genres.