• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's because it reads like a summary from a bio and not how someone would talk in an actual conversation.
Reaching

Nope. It reads poorly to me as well as far as formal dialogue is concerned. That said, I will acknowledge lack of context (which ironically seems to be an actual reach) and the fact that it's the only real piece of dialogue I've read from the game thus far. I'm hoping most of the dialogue is better localized.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Btw, I'm surprised no one has pointed this out in regards to Monica.

image0.jpg

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. It reads poorly to me as well as far as formal dialogue is concerned. That said, I will acknowledge lack of context (which ironically seems to be an actual reach) and the fact that it's the only real piece of dialogue I've read from the game thus far. I'm hoping most of the dialogue is better localized.
Other screenshots of dialogue we've seen are fine - for example, the conversation with the 3 lords post meeting, or Edelgard's C support snips.
That particular scene seems to me like it's missing context, like she could be describing him, saying what she knows (thus making it a mini bio).

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
User banned (2 weeks): Posting and defending homophobic content
Damn, she's not fucking around.

mod edit: let's be careful with images we post and make sure they don't feature words we shouldn't use

Last edited by a moderator:

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
You're really posting a fake article that says

mod edit: let's not actually use the word, ok?

in it? C'mon man...

Last edited by a moderator:

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
I mean some user in another thread told me to go fuck myself and he didn't get banned so I thought nobody would get upset over something like this.

wxMak

Oct 27, 2017
Was thankful for this thread since I'm interested in leaks and didn't really want to enter 4chan to see them, then....that image.

All in all, I'm really excited with what's been shown. For the skills obtained for mastering classes, is it known if those are equippable skills or just locked to the specific classes?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not sure if poor is the right word here but it's not natural to me.

For me, the way to describe this is I think 8-4 added alot to Echoes localization (as did Treehouse with Fates both games source materials are both rather dry), but I just think Echoes had the more natural tone in the localization so far that I've seen. I also know the scope in this game is much much larger than Echoes though.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1563693203489.jpg

Hubert's Hidden Talent unlocks Frozen Lance

1563694022797.jpg

Flyers can only have Flying Adjutants, pretty good decision imo

1563697837733.jpg

Mastering Thief gets you steal

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
C30fS9t.png

Reward for winning
dZBSadH.png

Flayn's Reason talent gets Seal Magic
MSHDYMj.png

Desperation is a thing
70FGbbI.png

Mastering Flyer gets you darting blow and Triangle Attack

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1563704155146.jpg

Manuela Personal Skill and starting stats
1563704216662.jpg

Her Spell List and surprisingly high sword skill

1563704278104.jpg

Her Bio, seems she joined the Opera 22 years ago and joined the academy 6 years ago

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Supports?
OPTIONAL?

Impossible.

(Continues believing everybody grinds out every single support every single campaign just like me.)

Supports are not optional.

But anyway, with motivation being needed to teach, and motivation being boosted being tied to also increasing support ranks, it seems supports will be easier than ever to get up.
(That said, i will probably go to the first weekend where i can grind battles, and max out everything in a seperate save so i can recruit everybody/support everything)

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
Thanks for collecting all these for us!

Do we know what month/chapter that last battle was?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1563706423596.jpg

Hanneman has Bernadetta's Crest, also minor. New Combat Art called Schism shot, and a solid rally magic personal and he's 51.

1563706484918.jpg

Starting spell list/stats/weapon ranks

1563706546876.jpg

Personal History. Seems he stopped being a Noble 16 years ago, and left the empire the year after that.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
Hmm so I guess they're a bit more than halfway to the time skip then.

Probably one more day of playing till those portraits get leaked.

(No rush though, leaker man. Please eat 3 meals a day and get plenty of sleep.)

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Hmm so I guess they're a bit more than halfway to the time skip then.

Probably one more day of playing till those portraits get leaked.

(No rush though, leaker man. Please eat 3 meals a day and get plenty of sleep.)
He went to bed around 6 pm EST yesterday I believe, so we should be getting leaks for a while longer today

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
This game seems longer than Awakening/Fates, also thank god they actually included all the routes in the cartridge and not sell them as different games like Fates or the Pokémon games

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
I'm all in on this political intrigue I keep seeing. Focusing more on fleshing out each countries conflicts, and tragedies and how they relate to eachother is my cup of tea.

The last 2 had soooooome of this, but not even close to the scale I suspect this game does. Also the characters talking more about the world around them and how it effects them is much appreciated. Less of the one dimensional walking tropisms I see all the time. I still like the silly characterizations, but in past games the characters would feel really disconnected from core goings on a majority of the time.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1563721993739.jpg

And the leaker games over, giving us a look at the screen, which seems to be all the legendary weapons of the lords

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1563722386995.jpg

So this paralogue for Manuela and Hanneman reuses a map from an early quest skirmish, but it's a map I like so that's okay.
Manuela starts over there on the eastern side by herself and I can only deploy four units of my choosing. And, this is the first map I've played that has Advanced tier enemies. So the combat itself isn't a cakewalk, but I also have to worry about Manuela since she can't take care of herself for too long before archers, pegasus knights, and whatever else catch up to her. I realized a turn before getting the Game Over that there was no way I'd be able to save Manuela, I could have tried to kill the boss with a crit but then I would also lose out on some neat treasure held by the northmost archer.
I'm just going to bring Flayn this time and have her use Rescue once Manuela comes close to the heal tile.