• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1563648683185.jpg

SuperJohnny

Alt account
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I was thinking... Maybe the reason IS didn't show Rodrigue is because he is either a Nightcrawler or Dark Knight / Flame Emperor

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1563649650135.jpg

The Flayn is a dragon/manakete theory is looking more and more likely
She covers her ears and speaks fairly archaically
I wonder if Seteth is a dragon as well, or just her human companion

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, is this confirming what I think it is? Actual same-sex marriages between other characters? This is pretty huge.
Nah, this would be a scene out of context.

One of the previewers referenced this scene, and described it as basically 'Yeah it's a joke but the characters are like 'we can't but I otally wouldnt mind if we did ;)'

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Can we take this discussion to the thread made for it some time back? This thread is supposed to be to discuss the leaks

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
as someone who's gonna play 99% in handheld mode, a passing look at these screenshots just bum me out because of how freaking tiny the font is. the dialog text is small, but the UI text is just TINY! RIP my eyes.
Doesn't the switch have the ability to increase the font size now? Someone should ask the leaked if it works.

Jan 9, 2018
this is a paralogue and its take out of context, Ingrid is giving her the ring that some upstart noble that tried to kidnap her gave her. Only Byleth can marry characters of any sex, and not pre-timeskip either
Nah, this would be a scene out of context.

One of the previewers referenced this scene, and described it as basically 'Yeah it's a joke but the characters are like 'we can't but I otally wouldnt mind if we did ;)'

I see, thanks. I think I'm more disappointed with this knowing this scene is in the game than I would be if it wasn't. Like already mentioned, it just feels like bait and a joke.

Still, other reviewers mentioned the game is very flirty, especially A Rank supports, and there's still the possibility of paired endings, so maybe it'll be alright in the game itself.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Because we should expect different, and we deserve different.

I know it's the unpopular opinion... and I agree that the choices they gave us SUCK... and they really could've done far better.

But I personally sorta wish there were no romance options in these games. I was never a fan of romance options in any game straight/gay/bi what have you. They always feel half baked and like a "picture" of what a relationship looks like. Dating sims do a better job and not by much, but at least those FOCUS on that aspect of the gameplay.

Again I agree that the choices they gave us are lame, and they could've easily had Claude, or Dimitri, or hell even Felix be options. I just don't care for that aspect of most rpgs that exist today. It's why I found Hollow Knights "romance" options quest hilariously tongue in cheek.

nasuknight

Nov 2, 2017
I didn't realize the graphics were so poor, they look like ripped Unity assets...
This is Intelligent Systems we're talking about. No Fire Emblem game in its series history has been a graphical powerhouse, but they have a unique muted view that other games can't seem to nail down either. I firmly believe Echoes of Valentia is the most beautiful 3DS game because of this "IS Look."

I'm glad that they stuck to their usual approach for this iteration. One look at the map screen and the visual design similarity to PoR/RD is uncanny to the point where it almost feels like going back home.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
it seems fine to me, especially considering a lot of it is out of context
I dunno, in almost all instances I think it would read a lot better with at least one or two words cut.

And this especially, it's the kind of text you'd expect in a summary tooltip, not something someone would actually say out loud:

1563642241011.jpg

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I dunno, in almost all instances I think it would read a lot better with at least one or two words cut.

And this especially, it's the kind of text you'd expect in a summary tooltip, not something someone would actually say out loud:

1563642241011.jpg
I think it sounds fine if a little awkward, could be a consequence of awkward translation

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

1563642241011.jpg
She's describing a man she's engaged to who she's never even met. Seems fine to me.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Don't think I posted this here, its the track list from the display at Nintendo NYC

Three Houses Tracklist from Seasons of Warfare
1. Fire Emblem Three Houses Main Theme
2. Fodlan Winds
3. The Land Beloved by the Goddess
4.The Archbishop
5. The Officer's Academy
6.Life at Garegg Mach Monastery
7. Dwellings of the Ancient Gods
8. A Promise
9. Beneath the Banner
10. Blue Skies and a Battle
11. The Night of the Ball