• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough. I'll change it :)

l7AnaU6.jpg

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
ddm16y8-65beadc8-bf64-4902-8a3f-3cc9a3efa6a5.jpg

I've beaten all four storylines now, to the point where I'm burnt out right when Cindered Shadows released. I'll get to it eventually. :P

And I do love the fun competition here between the different factions, which means that the scriptwriters did a wonderful job of creating people rather than two dimensional heroes and villains. Each character has their flaws, quirks, hopes, and dreams. And all of that makes them messy when they pursue the world they want to achieve.

Wanted to give a shoutout to my girl Immaculate One Rhea though. Just finished Silver Snow (with an all women cast, super fun) and I really enjoyed this final insight into yourself and the enigmatic archbishop. Even married her after it was all over (missed the update where I could have tea time with her!). It's just nice to have one future where she doesn't have to fade into history and have a chance at a future not marred by loss and pain.

Incredible game bolstered by a wonderful cast and a story that lets us into the messiness of dreams.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

I've beaten all four storylines now, to the point where I'm burnt out right when Cindered Shadows released. I'll get to it eventually. :P

And I do love the fun competition here between the different factions, which means that the scriptwriters did a wonderful job of creating people rather than two dimensional heroes and villains. Each character has their flaws, quirks, hopes, and dreams. And all of that makes them messy when they pursue the world they want to achieve.

Wanted to give a shoutout to my girl Immaculate One Rhea though. Just finished Silver Snow (with an all women cast, super fun) and I really enjoyed this final insight into yourself and the enigmatic archbishop. Even married her after it was all over (missed the update where I could have tea time with her!). It's just nice to have one future where she doesn't have to fade into history and have a chance at a future not marred by loss and pain.

Incredible game bolstered by a wonderful cast and a story that lets us into the messiness of dreams.

I'm still on my Silver Snow route, I'll probably romance Dorothea but I'm kind of excited to see the church side of things.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
as long as we're all of the consensus that edelgard x f!byleth, dimitri x dedue, m!byleth x yuri, sylvain x felix, caspar x linhardt, dorothea x petra, ferdinand von aegir x hubert, and catherine x shamir x rhea are canon.

I'm ok with all of these except that last one. Canon is Shamir realizing what a piece of shit Catherine is and chopping the scumbag's head off in the final chapter of Crimson Flower.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
I'm still on my Silver Snow route, I'll probably romance Dorothea but I'm kind of excited to see the church side of things.

I did Crimson Flower, Azure Moon, Verdant Wind, and then Silver Snow.

If I would have known that VW and SS have
such a similar structure
I would have spaced them out between the others. But I appreciated how they both tackled things like TWSITD, addressing the past, and focusing on the future. But good lord I was not expecting that final boss theme from VW. God Shattering Star (Rain) is absolutely nuts in the best ways haha.

To end on a wholesome point, here's Flayn and Seteth doing what they love the most.

ea18048ed8e7329a5313df8bd34abffc.jpg

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Wow....this is so gorgeous.

It feels good to see my bae Rhea get some love and see other people who love her as well.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Wow....this is so gorgeous.
It feels good to see my bae Rhea get some love and see other people who love her as well.

I think with so many folks choosing Crimson Flower (I know I did. Only later did I realize that CF was the "alternate route". Which is weird considering it's almost impossible not to have a B support with Edelgard by the time to choose haha), that you're put face to face with a Rhea consumed by grief, fear, paranoia, jealousy, and despair. It certainly colors your impression of her if you decide to play again.

But then I played AM and she
silently steps away to let you lead the Church
. No plots, no schemes. And then in VW when she
sacrifices herself for you and Claude
, even knowing how Claude doesn't trust the Church with Fodlan's future. And when she does it again in SS and entrusts you with what actually transpired through the ages (
Removing all traces of her people while making a hero out of the man who murdered her mother then butchered her family is a fascinating move to create peace. What must it be like to watch generation after generation weild weapons forged from the hearts and bones of your family?
)

Again, a flawed but fascinating (and someone worth redemption in my estimation) person. And I love her in her Valkyrie/Seiros outfit. Wish she was a playable character!

8463a1cc25202dfef7dfa442c80346f92afa72a3.jpeg

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think with so many folks choosing Crimson Flower (I know I did. Only later did I realize that CF was the "alternate route". Which is weird considering it's almost impossible not to have a B support with Edelgard by the time to choose haha), that you're put face to face with a Rhea consumed by grief, fear, paranoia, jealousy, and despair. It certainly colors your impression of her if you decide to play again.

, even knowing how Claude doesn't trust the Church with Fodlan's future. And when she does it again in SS and entrusts you with what actually transpired through the ages (
Removing all traces of her people while making a hero out of the man who murdered her mother then butchered her family is a fascinating move to create peace. What must it be like to watch generation after generation weild weapons forged from the hearts and bones of your family?
)

Again, a flawed but fascinating (and someone worth redemption in my estimation) person. And I love her in her Valkyrie/Seiros outfit. Wish she was a playable character!

I agree on every thing you said, especially the Seiros design and wishing she was playable.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

)

She really needed to be the lord of SS to justify it as a separate route.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney

)

I thought you only learn what actually happened in VW, not SS?

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
I thought you only learn what actually happened in VW, not SS?

Yeah, you learn about the truth of the past in VW, and the truth of yourself in SS. I know there's not the "obvious" route, but I keep thinking that if there was one, it's between VW and SS. VW creates a future outside of Fodlan, and SS reconciles the past of Fodlan. (Of course this is all up to interpretation and how much you side with each faction).

Funny story, I actually had a real hard time coming to term with Edelgard in CF (her drawing was super cute though). It was when I fought against her in VW and SS (you know the cutscene) did I fully sympathize with her dreams, goals, and drives.

"I wanted... to walk with you-"

z29oha6tguo31.jpg

Ugh, it hits me even now.

Pirate Bae

Gutted. :(

Last edited:

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Edelgard's fixation of Byleth on non-Black Eagles runs has me headcanon that the Crest of Flames causes alternate timelines to bleed into their current one, either via you the player playing the game multiple times, or Edelgard remembering a happier life with her from Crimson Flower.

Some great angst right there, or fun alternate endings to VW or something. Makes me wonder if any writers ran with that premise

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that always amuses me about the differences between Edelgard and Claude:

Edelgard's C+ support: Let me tell you everything, and I mean everything, about my tragic back story

Claude's A support: I admit that I'm from somewhere that isn't here, but I'm in no way saying where, specifically, that is or what my status is there.

It's entirely because of the structure of their stories, but it's also absolutely fitting for both of their personalities.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
The thing that always amuses me about the differences between Edelgard and Claude:

Edelgard's C+ support: Let me tell you everything, and I mean everything, about my tragic back story

Claude's A support: I admit that I'm from somewhere that isn't here, but I'm in no way saying where, specifically, that is or what my status is there.

It's entirely because of the structure of their stories, but it's also absolutely fitting for both of their personalities.
You should see Claude and Balthus's support
It starts with Balthus deducing that Claude is Almyran (Balthus being the only person in the game to figure it out), and for the rest of the support you get to see Claude squirm whenever Balthus tries to bring it up. It's hilarious.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I know some people really dislike Catherine, but I just can't pair Shamir with anyone else, I freaking love their dynamic.

OP
OP
Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Fair enough. I'll change it :)
The title was better before :(
In our heart of hearts, we know the truth.

Thanks for changing it, and sorry about making a fuzz. I support all Edeleth fans, and the Fan Art Thread belongs to all that want to share and appreciate fan art, doesn't matter if it's art the OP likes or not.
I just, ... felt weird ... having my name next to "Edeleth is canon", when I'm ... not a big fan... of Edelgard as a character at all. D:
I feel like I said my piece a few times in the spoiler thread and I don't want to get into this discussion again, but my babies here would be very disappointed, I feel:
00Z5IoA.png

Keychain by Hanromi

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Thanks for changing it, and sorry about making a fuzz. I support all Edeleth fans, and the Fan Art Thread belongs to all that want to share and appreciate fan art, doesn't matter if it's art the OP likes or not.
I just, ... felt weird ... having my name next to "Edeleth is canon", when I'm ... not a big fan... of Edelgard as a character at all. D:
I feel like I said my piece a few times in the spoiler thread and I don't want to get into this discussion again, but my babies here would be very disappointed, I feel:
00Z5IoA.png

Keychain by Hanromi
No worries! I didn't mean to make you or anyone else uncomfortable, just meant it as a silly joke. :)

I support all ships except Rhea / Byleth that's weird

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

apologies if posting your own art is frowned upon here, but i've been digging through my art files today and i'm still really happy with these