• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edeleth cleared my skin, improved my grades, watered my crops, raised my IQ, cured my depression, and ascended my life to a higher plane of existence.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Side effects of Edeleth worship may include:
  • A constant need to inform and remind everyone at random that Edelgard did nothing wrong.
  • Becoming an imperialism apologist.
  • Favoring the genocide of an endangered sentient race.
  • Siding with Char Aznable as he's about to colony drop the shit out of Earth.
  • Having awful taste in romantic pairings.
I kid, I kid! :P

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is it FemByleth X Edelgard that's super popular or just Byleth X Edelgard that's popular in general? You never see her paired with the male counterpart despite it essentially being the same paring personality and story wise.

Jun 11, 2019
F!Edeleth is culture and I feel blessed everytime I see it

M!Edeleth is fine I guess? I generally just don't go crazy for it like I do the other one. And this coming from someone that infinitely prefers Bylad

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So is it FemByleth X Edelgard that's super popular or just Byleth X Edelgard that's popular in general? You never see her paired with the male counterpart despite it essentially being the same paring personality and story wise.

Proof of life for M!Byleth x Edelgard, but yes, F!Byleth x Edelgard is by far more popular. Which isn't too surprising that there is built up enthusiasm for a canonical same sex pairing with a main lord. Especially since the only other canon wlw pairing in the series was Corrin x Tharja 2 Rhajat.

Anyways, back to the good stuff since it's still Valentine's weekend and I'm gonna indulge

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
For me personally, while the only direct difference between the two is a model swap, it's surrounding things such as Edelgard responding positively to Dorothea's flirting and her generally being closer to women, while she keeps her distance from men, that makes it really connect with me.

On the other hand...
F!Edeleth is culture and I feel blessed everytime I see it

M!Edeleth is fine I guess? I generally just don't go crazy for it like I do the other one. And this coming from someone that infinitely prefers Bylad
Yeah, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum where I'm all for femByleth, but M!Byleth x Claude feels way more natural, and I don't really have anything extra to back that up. Gays, huh
I just really, really wish F-Byleth didn't have huge dumb eyes and a vacant stare.
out.gif

Wow rude

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Edelgard strikes me as bisexual with a romantic preference for women I mean the only other support for El that seems more than platonic from her side to me is Dorothea

Jun 11, 2019
I just think the stockings are kinda ugly imo, she's grown on me alot otherwise.

MByleth still the supreme cutie tho

I have a unabashed bias and nobody can stop me!

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
And hey, if F!Edeleth isn't you're thing then good news: Three Houses is broad game with lots of diverse and unique pairings!

Like Edelthea!

Edelbert!

Berniegard!

And Edelithea...? Lysgard? Edelgard x Lysithea!

The possibilities are E N D L E S S ~

Last edited:

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Claude/Flayn is the best pairing in the game and I will die on this hill.

(It is closely followed by Hilda/Marianne)

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
And hey, if F!Edeleth isn't you're thing then good news: Three Houses is broad game with lots of diverse and unique pairings!

Like Edelthea!

Edelbert!

Berniegard!

And Edelithea...? Lysgard? Edelgard x Lysithea!

The possibilities are E N D L E S S ~

What about pairings without the charmless Edelgard

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

Edeleth gives Byleth and me life.
MascByleth x Edelgard certainly isn't popular among fan artists, that's for sure. I think FemByleth is very popular because 1) Edelgard is the first bisexual lord 2) an interesting character and 3) us sapphics are thirsty as fuck. Also Edelgard has a great design.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Hilda/Marianne is good too
Seriously. You want to talk about strong interpersonal relationship writing? Just look at what they do with Marianne and Hilda. And I'm talking about outside of their supports. Hilda is constantly making sure Marianne is heard and included in the conversation throughout Golden Deer and it's just this really sweet element that doesn't have a whole lot of attention drawn to it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MascByleth x Edelgard certainly isn't popular among fan artists, that's for sure. I think FemByleth is very popular because 1) Edelgard is the first bisexual lord 2) an interesting character and 3) us sapphics are thirsty as fuck.
Corrin crying in a corner.

Also are you saying Edelgard or Byleth is an interesting character? I agree with the former, but I don't really get the latter, be it the male or female form. They just come off as blank inserts to me, and that's after doing 3 out of 4 routes as both of them.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Seriously. You want to talk about strong interpersonal relationship writing? Just look at what they do with Marianne and Hilda. And I'm talking about outside of their supports. Hilda is constantly making sure Marianne is heard and included in the conversation throughout Golden Deer and it's just this really sweet element that doesn't have a whole lot of attention drawn to it.
Yeah, and their monastery dialog is good too, like Hilda sticking up for Marianne when rumors start to spread about her. It's such a shame their support was just instance #26 of Hilda offloading her work on someone else.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Corrin crying in a corner.

Also are you saying Edelgard or Byleth is an interesting character? I agree with the former, but I don't really get the latter, be it the male or female form. They just come off as blank inserts to me, and that's after doing 3 out of 4 routes as both of them.
I think Byleth is an interesting take on the blank insert character in the sense that they aren't really an insert character. They're emotionally in universe but they are noted as having a few real interests and some consistent behavioral patterns.

They're not super compelling or anything, but I like what they did.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I think Byleth is an interesting take on the blank insert character in the sense that they aren't really an insert character. They're emotionally in universe but they are noted as having a few real interests and some consistent behavioral patterns.

They're not super compelling or anything, but I like what they did.
That's what I really like about Byleth, too. They're a (mostly) silent protagonist, yes, but they make that work with the context of their characterization in a way that can be very affecting.