• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
chara unlock (for main game) chapters

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Recruitment requirements for the Ashen Wolves in the main game (available from chapter 2 on):

Constance: clear ch. 2 of the side story
Balthus: clear ch. 4 of the side story
Hapi: clear ch. 5 of the side story
Yuri: clear ch. 6 of the side story

None of them act like they know Byleth - I wonder if that changes when you finish the side story.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
QxiXtwQ.png
wf6OIvL.jpg

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh wow, didn't realize this DLC would be 8-10 hours long. Might just play this after finishing the main story then. I'm currently in Chapter 11 of the main story with BE, so was originally thinking I'll just play the DLC before continuing the main story (and get the new recruits), but not sure I want to take an 8-10 hour diversion from the main story at this point, especially with it feeling like some big story moments are coming up really soon at this point of the game.

Guess I just wanted to see if the new recruits added a lot of cool stuff to Part 2 of the story, but I think I'll probably just stick to the original students for now.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
char background in first chapter.

yuri is the adopted son of house rowe

so fixed, fight a particular char with ashe.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Edelgard is languishing behind in the map while everyone gallops ahead.
That 1 less Mov is brutal.

I guess it was a good thing when the reinforcements hit.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Those lazy fucks Hilda and Lindhardt would be at the bottom of my list for a backup squad.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Beat Chapter 1. First impressions are promising:
  • First map on Hard is good, albeit a little long (so far, the difficulty feels on par with Maddening). Enemies are strong, have skills (Seal and Breaker skills are quite common), and are varied.
  • Ashe is actually good for once! He's fast enough to double quite a few enemies (especially since everyone else but Byleth is slow), and hits decently hard.
  • Hapi seems a little underwhelming, but the other three Ashen Wolves look really promising.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
You know what, not worth it. I apologise Reyes . I'm just frustrated right now.

Last edited:

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Beat Chapter 1. First impressions are promising:
  • First map on Hard is good, albeit a little long (so far, the difficulty feels on par with Maddening). Enemies are strong, have skills (Seal and Breaker skills are quite common), and are varied.
  • Ashe is actually good for once! He's fast enough to double quite a few enemies (especially since everyone else but Byleth is slow), and hits decently hard.
  • Hapi seems a little underwhelming, but the other three Ashen Wolves look really promising.

tbh, enjoying it more then the main game so far, dialogue is alittle hokey but first map was fun.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If I'm starting a new playthrough of the main game, at what point in the story should I switch over to this?

EDIT: Folks on Reddit are saying it takes place after the Goddess's Rite of Rebirth.

Last edited:

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Finished chapter 1

First impressions are pretty positive

+Voice Acting from the AW is great
+Their personalities seem great too (Hapi is the weakest one atm)
+Battle music is fucking ace
-Map was very uninteresting (only the first chapter I know but still)

Tomorrow more. It's good to be back

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Uhhhhgh. I can change unit appearance in the DLC, but only the in battle appearance, and only between current class and monastery.

Booo, fByleths default appearance sucks.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Doing Normal/Casual and beat chapter 2. Man this is like, really good so far.

Was Byleth's mom's name known before? I don't remember hearing it in the main game but I only played the Golden Deer route.

Also fucking laughed when the Death Knight appeared. Dude won't leave you alone even in the dlc.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Loving it so far just after Chapter 1, I like this team a lot, looking forward to getting to know the new characters.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Anyone wanna take bets on how long it takes me to get sick of having to actually think about what I'm doing, and then drop the difficulty to normal?

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Did the first battle and enjoyed what I played! It's pretty much just more Fire Emblem Three Houses which is a good thing in my book!

Don't know if it's my imagination or just the consequence of the fixed skill levels but it seemed like my characters' accuracies were lower than I was used to, so I felt the need to take advantage of the weapon triangle a lot more. In general I would say the difficulty is a bit tougher than the main game as they said. Though it's not too crazy or anything.