• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's in everyone's best interest to pretend Fates Revelation doesn't exist but no game deserves to be called the worst over it.

Fates in general.

Good fucking Christ, what a terrible Fire Emblem series.

And primarily the reason Fire Emblem Warriors sucked so bad. Half of the characters were from the worst games in the series.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I was really excited about this at first, and then pissed off for the limited availability thing. Why do you have to do this Nintendo? It's so shitty.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Why the complaints about the limited time eShop release?

How does it affect you?

All of you in the thread are fully aware of the release of this game (It's why you're here). You got (I presume) six months while it's available, plus the one months notice from today, to scramble up the $6 required to purchase it.

Because theres no excuse for it to be limited. It benefits no-one. What if someone is interested but doesn't have a Switch yet. Or cant get the money for whatever reason.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
you know guys, the only other anti consumer practice in this level of scummy has been the unskippable ads that NBA tried to pull. Nintendo seriously can't keep getting away with it. They are very openly exploiting their fans' fear of missing out

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Am I wrong or is the way they're wording it as "anniversary edition" being limited referring to the physical collector's box set version?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I know, I was just being cheeky. :p

You know, i was clueless back when Melee released. Literally asking out loud who the heck these two dudes were.

Didn't help that Blazing Blade finally brought FE to me, yet didn't feature either Marth or Roy. I legit thought Roy was Eliwood and the char got a rename for whatever reasons for a long time.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Am I wrong or is the way they're wording it as "anniversary edition" being limited referring to the physical collector's box set version?
Look at the very bottom of the store page for the regular digital version:

rxiMRIv.png

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Limited time release again...lol. Not even worth arguing about, because it's just going to be the same people defending Nintendo no matter what.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Played the DS remake back in the day and I really liked it, so it's great to see the original version with improvements.

On the other hand, fuck this limited time release bullshit, what the hell Nintendo?

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
So as far as I can tell this is a NA/EU thing, with no JP release right? Seems odd that they wouldn't have anything for Japan on the series' 30th anniversary. I wonder if the celebration was supposed to include some other release that has maybe been delayed to next year.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused - what's the price for the limited package and how do you order it? Seems neat, and I might consider it for the right price.

It being limited though probably means it'll be sold out before I even get the page to load though.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
So as far as I can tell this is a NA/EU thing, with no JP release right? Seems odd that they wouldn't have anything for Japan on the series' 30th anniversary. I wonder if the celebration was supposed to include some other release that has maybe been delayed to next year.

I think Japan always gets random merchandise of the series, and in reality it's just for the 30th anniversary of this game only.

No it was not the same and it wasn't digital
ffs people stop defending this

It was worse actually, because there was no digital alternative at all.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
FE3 would have at least brought something new to the table in english. We already had a nice version of Marth's original story.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because the content will not actually disappear, some people are framing their arguments this way and it's naive. If you don't want to buy it for moral reasons or whatever you have other options.
I don't do that, I buy my games legitimately. I shouldn't have to rely on fucking internet hackers to play a goddamn officially localized Switch game after 6 months.

This is such a stupid statement "don't complain that the restaurant screwed up your order you can just make it the right way at home."

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

It's not even a real NA/EU thing given the physical CE isn't announced for Europe as of now.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Nintendo has fully become Disney, maybe they can give us Mother 3 even if it's available to purchase for 2 months.

May 19, 2020
I don't do that, I buy my games legitimately. I shouldn't have to rely on fucking internet hackers to play a goddamn officially localized Switch game after 6 months.

This is such a stupid statement "don't complain that the restaurant screwed up your order you can just make it the right way at home."
I don't really think a food analogy applies here, kind of just muddies the discussion. You can either spend $6 or you can be upset. The digital scarcity sucks but this is how Nintendo is playing it and it clearly works for them.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Something I learn from being here is, people get mad at companies, then buy stuff and then get mad that said product was succesful. If you're mad, don't buy it simple as that.

Also, i believe that people on Twitter and Youtube, just talk "about how abusive this is" for likes, retweets and views and then end up buying the product. It really makes no sense.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! NINTENDO, YOU CRAZY BASTARDS!

The best companies are the ones who CARE for their history.
Why making a limited release has anything to do with history?
Something I learn from being here is, people get mad at companies, then buy stuff and then get mad that said product was succesful. If you're mad, don't buy it simple as that.

Also, i believe that people on Twitter and Youtube, just talk "about how abusive this is" for likes, retweets and views and then end up buying the product. It really makes no sense.
There was a guy in the pokemon subreddit that made a high up-voted post about how he will never buy a new game since "gamefreak finally crossed the line" (the dex cut) only for him to buy the game 2 months later and comment how he really liked it

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really think a food analogy applies here, kind of just muddies the discussion. You can either spend $6 or you can be upset. The digital scarcity sucks but this is how Nintendo is playing it and it clearly works for them.
"Don't complain about anything just consume product, it makes them money which voids all complaints."

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I don't even want to play this and since it's limited I'm going to buy it since it's part of nintendo's history.

They got me!

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Why the complaints about the limited time eShop release?

How does it affect you?

All of you in the thread are fully aware of the release of this game (It's why you're here). You got (I presume) six months while it's available, plus the one months notice from today, to scramble up the $6 required to purchase it.

Because this is the 3rd time this year that Nintendo has put an artificial end date on a digital game (Mario 3D collection, Mario 35, and this game). This is becoming a worrisome trend.
Because this is taking the whole "Nintendo games never go on sale" to a horrible extreme. Now not only do they hardly ever go on sale, but if you don't buy ASAP, you can't even buy them at all.
Because you might not know that you want a game when it comes out. I'm not a Fire Emblem fan now, but maybe after I play one of the newer games, I find out I like the series and decide I want to play more.
Someone might be a Fire Emblem fan but not able to afford a Switch yet.
Money could be tight. Yes, it's only $6, but if you're not even able to make ends meet, you're not paying any money for games.
Someone like me who wants to support new localizations of classic games, but doesn't want to support anti-consumer digital practices.