• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
After their successful Kickstarter to polish up the game, they're finally ready to reveal the release window with the Steam page.

Features
  • An expansive and original story
  • 30 playable characters
  • 54 playable classes
  • 320 weapons/spells
  • 120+ skills
  • Varied and challenging map design
  • 450+ unit bond conversations
  • 30+ aspects, game-changing relics
7cd321b643e8caa172abcb989438ea78_original.gif

9d1c4d8c2d2ba982e79a654cde71406a_original.gif

7WqcGTF.gif

fe550fa7bf45f0ae413441dbdfb08877_original.gif

soundcloud.com

Dark Deity - Main Theme

I'm an electronic music producer and game composer based in California. https://soaringsoundworks.com/

Much more info on their website and Kickstarter page.

Last edited:

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This looks interesting. Only thing that worries me is how low the cost of the Kickstarter is. I guess they just need that amount for publishing?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
hrmmm... tilework and battle animations still need a few passes. Good idle poses though. Not sure I care for the look of the talky-bits yet. But also, competition in this space = gud

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Looks promising. Seems to be taking influence from the GBA games.

Which reminds me, I should play Vertaria Saga one of these days.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing old school Fire Emblem combat animations threw me off cause Blue units would always be on the Right side lol.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The only thing lacking for me is the artstyle, which is understandable considering the team's background and budget. But they did spend some money on voice acting, which I believe should've been allocated on hiring a more accomplished anime artist instead. But oh well.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Looks nice but the style mashing of pixelart and some effects that look clipart are hard hitting...

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Yeah, the map art style is very bland from what I can see in the video. I do appreciate the sprite animations though they may be a little too animated. Would also love for the character portraits to be more in line with the sprites.

However, I can imagine the game itself will make a lot of people very happy.

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting on the Ogre Battle-influenced Oathborne game.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Here's another video showcasing some characters' VA and battle animation. Much better than what's shown in the kickstarter video, which was from May 2020's reveal trailer.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty cool, but there's a bit of a mishmash between various elements of the UI and art style. Some extremely high resolution UI work mixed in with some oldschool SNES/GBA/2D PS1 style art.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im all in! Been dying for a good Fire Emblem like game after Three Houses. Also love that there are more classes and character types than just the standard fantasy types.

Thanks for sharing!

This looks interesting. Only thing that worries me is how low the cost of the Kickstarter is. I guess they just need that amount for publishing?
Sounds like it was just to make the improvements they showed off at the end of the trailer in the Op. Like the new sprites and animations.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all fiending for this stuff should check out the games Kaga (creator of FE) made after he left IS because they're fantastic (Tear Ring Saga, Berwick Saga, Vestaria Saga (well, this is dramatically smaller budget because it's an SRPG maker game, but it's still above the level of the stuff in OP)).

Will check this out when it releases, even though I'm really not into the character designs.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Y'all fiending for this stuff should check out the games Kaga (creator of FE) made after he left IS because they're fantastic (Tear Ring Saga, Berwick Saga, Vestaria Saga (well, this is dramatically smaller budget because it's an SRPG maker game, but it's still above the level of the stuff in OP)).

Will check this out when it releases, even though I'm really not into the character designs.
I've played Berwick Saga, and tried Vestaria Saga demo. Berwick was awesome, while kind of different due to its hexagonal map. Vestaria Saga though, is kinda rough especially the battle animation. It's the combination of low framerates and choppy animation that threw me off. I'm sure everything else is superb, and I should be able to skip the animation. So I might give it another look later, it's on my whistlist anyway.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
All the female characters have boob armor/revealing clothes, while every male character is completely covered up. :/

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
The character designs and cutscenes have me cringing a bit (boob armor is just...ugh), but I do like the homage to GBA FEs. They're still up there as my favorite SRPGs. I'm just not totally feeling this iteration at the moment...maybe gameplay impressions later on will help me decide.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The female character designs in this game are fucking tragic. Somehow worse than Fire Emblem itself.

As much as I like SRPGs, I think I'm good.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The art style outside of the gameplay and character design is making this a hard pass for me. Not into it at all.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Oh in the kickstarter it says Switch Xbox and Playstation! Is this coming day and date with the PC release for PS4/5?

Edit: They said PC is primarily release first in the FAQ. But they want to port it to consoles in the future.

Last edited:

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
This looks great. Just like with Animal Crossing and Pokémon the more similar style games to each series the better.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The second video OP posted shows some really great combat animations. I'm in as long as I hear good things, but...
All the female characters have boob armor/revealing clothes, while every male character is completely covered up. :/
I had the same thoughts. The character art is pretty disappointing all around, really.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The devs are a group of 2020 college graduate boys, so that probably explains the sexualized design of the female characters. There's these female knights with wide open boob armors and skimpy leggings like that Iris character, sigh. And of course there must be a sexy female wizard character too (Sloane) in these games. While also sexualized, Brooke's outfit seems fine to me. It's definitely hampering my excitement, especially since the main characters from the main banners look fine for the most part, probably because most of them are boys.

50b85b213095256fc23311ea8ae24f2c_original.png

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
The characters designs do feel very safe to me. Like, I can get on board with a sexy lady or two if it's a fun or interesting outfit--but none of these designs seemed particularly fun, just seem more like sexy for the sake of being sexy. And the dude outfits are pretty typical for the genre--armor or maybe some chest hair, nothing too exciting.

Just gimme a little diversity, and let some women wear pants.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
It's about balance and inclusion IMO. Nothing wrong with some sex appeal, but why aren't any of the guys showing some skin? And why does practically every female character have to be sexy?

Show some beefcake with your cheesecake, and let women wear some pants. It's not that difficult!

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
this got a new trailer today

release date announcement and extended trailer cut tomorrow apparently

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
So it might appear in the Nintendo direct?

youtube page says 3:18 PST which from the schedule the only thing that would possibly fit is the Bandai Namco event?

not sure why it would show up there but that is a pretty specific time so who knows

I guess it might just show up during the E3 stream not as part of any specific show or something? no idea

Nov 21, 2017
youtube page says 3:18 PST which from the schedule the only thing that would possibly fit is the Bandai Namco event?

not sure why it would show up there but that is a pretty specific time so who knows

Interesting perhaps Namco is publishing the game now? Either way I can't wait to see more and I am crossing my fingers Nintendo also announces a new Fire Emblem game for Switch heck I'd even take a remake.

Echizen

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna see if there are any early impressions, but I'm leaning heavily towards just picking this up. It looks really promising

Nov 21, 2017
Damn I just spent a bunch of my extra spending money on Ratchet and picking up a few titles in the PSN summer sale so I can't this up today. Will pick this up soon though unless is this game coming to Switch or PS5/PS4 then I can wait.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, this looks great! I'll probably pick this up in a couple days assuming there's nothing too negative coming out about it.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
So just about finished with the first battle. So far the one annoyance I have is the DARK DIETY screen popping up during loading, but for the first battle, it's straight up Fire Emblem.