• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
As somebody who adored the GBA FEs, and really did not enjoy the stories in the DS ones, 3H was a huge breath of fresh air. Such an improvement in story and writing and character design.

That's awesome to hear. I just finished Chapter 6 of SS after, I think, about five attempts. I kept trying to level up Ross, but he's just too flimsy right now. But the dialogue at the end of the chapter just once again reminded me of the stark difference in the quality of dialogue between this game and Fates. I know a lot of folks complain that the story itself is kinda rote, but either way they did do a damned stand-up job with the dialogue.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
The Lyn 1/7 scale figure is now available for pre-order:

Amazon.co.jp: Intelligent Systems Fire Emblem Rin 1/7 Scale ABS & PVC Pre-painted Complete Figure : Hobbies

Amazon.co.jp: Intelligent Systems Fire Emblem Rin 1/7 Scale ABS & PVC Pre-painted Complete Figure : Hobbies

Ships Nov 2021.

I swore off figures 4 years ago but I am making an exception for Lyn.

I used to not understand collecting figures. Always thought that they were often way too expensive and never looked close enough to their source material.

But after seeing this...I understand now lol

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I used to not understand collecting figures. Always thought that they were often way too expensive and never looked close enough to their source material.

But after seeing this...I understand now lol

Most of those figures included in collectors editions of games are usually junk and I'd agree with you but the (expensive) ones that come out of Japan are really high quality typically.

I wish Lyn had a less fan servicey pose but I suppose it could have been a lot worse.

Unrelated but 1/7 scale Fire Emblem figures have a tendency to sell for crazy money after they go out of print.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
I tried Fire Emblem Three Houses a while ago and dropped it very quickly. I don't like school settings.

Fast forward to December 2020, in the middle of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, I decided to give it another shot... I'm hooked AF lol

FE gameplay is so damn addicting. It's really good so far, I'm enjoying it more than Fates: Birthright/Conquest/Revelation.

Btw is it me or are the character portraits are also really good looking? The quality is great on those.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I tried Fire Emblem Three Houses a while ago and dropped it very quickly. I don't like school settings.

Fast forward to December 2020, in the middle of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, I decided to give it another shot... I'm hooked AF lol

FE gameplay is so damn addicting. It's really good so far, I'm enjoying it more than Fates: Birthright/Conquest/Revelation.

Btw is it me or are the character portraits are also really good looking? The quality is great on those.

The school setting put a lot of people off but honestly I ended up loving it, it serves a very cool purpose in the story and I loved having an explorable hub. How far have you gotten?

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

The portraits are one of the best parts about the game, they do a great job of showcasing the character's personalities and compliment some stellar vocal performances.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
Oh btw another big difference from the time I dropped FE3H to now, is that now I am playing in Hard instead of Normal.

I feel like Hard is the way to go for this game.

The school setting put a lot of people off but honestly I ended up loving it, it serves a very cool purpose in the story and I loved having an explorable hub. How far have you gotten?

Finished the fight against the first big monster. The dude with the relic lance that transformed into a dragon.

The portraits are one of the best parts about the game, they do a great job of showcasing the character's personalities and compliment some stellar vocal performances.

Yeah, they really stand out. I love Edelgard's

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Oh btw another big difference from the time I dropped FE3H to now, is that now I am playing in Hard instead of Normal.

I feel like Hard is the way to go for this game.
Yeah, normal feels like story mode in this game. Hard is decent but it still feels a bit easier than the name implies overall. If you do another playthrough (and why wouldn't you?), I really recommend Maddening as things like Gambits and positioning skills really shine in that difficulty. From my experience it is the most frustrating at the beginning and the very end of runs, but the middle is so enjoyable it's worth powering through the first few chapters imo.

Finished the fight against the first big monster. The dude with the relic lance that transformed into a dragon.
Ah gotcha, still early but you're getting into the worldbuilding. The vibe in this part of the game when this kind of unsettling plot stuff begins to disrupt the cheery high school setting is so good.

Oct 25, 2017
it was always normal/hard/maniac in Japanese I think, I think they just stopped translating it this way because reviewers were bad and couldn't beat radiant dawn

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i agree, normal is way too easy, you just end up being so overleveled

anyways hello FE gang
I'm mainly in the FEH discord, nice to meet yall
I played awakening, fates, echoes and 3 houses
I should play SS, but im holding out for a remake

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I dreamt I was looking at a leaked Famitsu scoop of an FE4 remake 😭

Even in the dream I was like "this can't be real, can it? But it looks so real, who would put this much effort into a fake leak?"

Nintendo, put me out of this misery and reveal it for real.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Played through Awakening last month and just started Echoes. Once I've finished Echoes I'll get on Three Houses; it'll be nice to have finally played through all the games in the series.

Awakening is pretty good but it really pales in comparison to Fates - the level design is too spotty for it to really be in the same realm of quality. The unit balance is a little awkward too (Robin is comically overpowered and makes Sigurd look balanced), but the real issue is just how simplistic a lot of the maps are. There's good stuff in there too, though; something like 60% of the maps are at least solid, and the game's fundamental mechanics are still enjoyable even if pairing up is generally less strategically interesting than rescuing. It's definitely better than the NES games and maybe better than Genealogy on the whole, but I think every other Fire Emblem is probably above it in quality - still enjoyed it though.

Only just started Echoes so I'm holding off on seriously judging it, but it really is a faithful remake of Gaiden, isn't it? The DS Fire Emblem games did a good job of translating the original games' level layouts, staying faithful to them while adding some great new twists and a lot of excellent mechanical refinements, but Echoes seems like it doesn't add much of interest at all to Gaiden - which has me worried because Gaiden is the worst game in the series by miles; the only one I don't think is at least pretty good. I've only just gotten through Act 1, but the start of the game is definitely weaker than Awakening's.

I think generally speaking, each generation of FE games (NES -> SNES -> GBA -> GC and Wii -> DS) is better than the one before it, with a handful of standout excellent games. Though Fates (Conquest) is one of the best games in the series, I'm not sure the same is true for the 3DS games.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished FE3H and man what a great game! Those final stages were intense on hard.

Sadly...
I just learned there was a way to side with Edelgard! I wish I had known, man... Fuck the Church lol

Edit: BTW, what is the season pass for? There has not been any DLC announced for it yet, right?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished FE3H and man what a great game! Those final stages were intense on hard.

Sadly...
I just learned there was a way to side with Edelgard! I wish I had known, man... Fuck the Church lol

Edit: BTW, what is the season pass for? There has not been any DLC announced for it yet, right?
DLC's already been out! A few costume packs, maps, and a side campaign with a handful of new characters.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dear men: What s preventing you from getting figures made like this?

Also wow that artwork is awkward for Ike. I fight for m-OW MY BACK!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wrong Ike.

Ew, Radiant Dawn.
Better than nothing, the only other figures for male characters are amiibos and a marth nendo
Dear men: What s preventing you from getting figures made like this?

Also wow that artwork is awkward for Ike. I fight for m-OW MY BACK!
I think GoodSmile thinks only female character sells for this fanbase that is super weird, I will never understand how Sakura has a figure but not Chrom

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Better than nothing, the only other figures for male characters are amiibos and a marth nendo

I think GoodSmile thinks only female character sells for this fanbase that is super weird, I will never understand how Sakura has a figure but not Chrom
Isn't that partially up to IS? And both of the younger Fates sisters got Nendos, anyway.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Clearly we're all forgetting those figures they made of Marth and co. along with the Jugdral cast back in the day.
latest

These things are really fragile, from my experience, and not exactly great if i'm being honest?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Clearly we're all forgetting those figures they made of Marth and co. along with the Jugdral cast back in the day.
latest

These things are really fragile, from my experience, and not exactly great if i'm being honest?
I have the Eldigan figure. It's not bad, but the scarf piece was a nightmare to attach.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
latest

ah of course i am talking recently, I am pretty sure it is impossible to track all figures that have been made through the 30 years of the series

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
May 18, 2018
I wonder who else will get a figure in the future.

For men:
I can definitely see Dimitri getting one since he's really popular in Japan.
Don't know about Claude though. Maybe? Same goes for M!Byleth.

For women:
F!Byleth is all fanservice, so I expect her.
At least one of the three of the most popular(side-character) TH girls: Lysithea, Bernadetta, or Hilda

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If IS had any sense we'd already have like 3 Dimitri figures and at least 1 Claude but since they don't we're getting Ike now even though 3H clearly has the momentum right now

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If IS had any sense we'd already have like 3 Dimitri figures and at least 1 Claude but since they don't we're getting Ike now even though 3H clearly has the momentum right now
You mean we are finally getting Ike after he proving again and again how popular he is
but yeah I agree they dont have sense, No claude or dimitri announced is weird

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What is funny that you see more people asking about figures of other characters than people excited about her in the comments of the last tweet they showed her figure

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not a character really thought about for things like this, but I think a Black Knight figure would be pretty cool...

But yeah, I'm really hoping time-skip Edelgard is a figure at some point. It's one of the best character designs in recent times, and certainly one of the best female ones.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Imo if the next game is a new game, it wont be this year, if it is a remake i can see the reveal being tomorrow

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, expecting a new FE 2021 seems too good to be true. I can see it getting announced/teased but for 2022.

Mar-Mar

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 30, 2017
Germany
I wouldn't be suprised about a release this year. A release gap of two years is what happend from Fates to Echoes to Three Houses and considering only a handful of IS employees actually worked on Three Houses (it was mostly done by KT after all) I wouldn't even exclude the possibility of a non-remake.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be suprised about a release this year. A release gap of two years is what happend from Fates to Echoes to Three Houses and considering only a handful of IS employees actually worked on Three Houses (it was mostly done by KT after all) I wouldn't even exclude the possibility of a non-remake.
I really doubt they would release a non-remake this close

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
It be nice if it gets revealed as a mini-direct just like how Echoes, Three Houses(before they finalized the name), and Heroes was all revealed.

And apparently, the CD release of Three Houses soundtrack is out. Looks nice

May 18, 2018
Maybe the FE(new game or remake) game probably would have come this year if it wasn't for Covid.
It could still come later this year, but it probably be next year.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my copy of the LE version of the Three Houses OST. It's really nice for sure.

e5CDj6I.jpg

Here's a close-up of the music box:

sDkcoCT.jpg

Nice!

Apparently, Intelligent Systems actually bothered to put in the English version of the vocal tracks in one of the CDs even though this is technically a japan-only release. That's really cool! Kinda speaks out how popular this series has gotten in the past few years :)

Nice!

Apparently, Intelligent Systems actually bothered to put in the English version of the vocal tracks in one of the CDs even though this is technically a japan-only release. That's really cool! Kinda speaks out how popular this series has gotten in the past few years :)

I have all of the LE versions of the modern FE releases (Awakening, Fates, Echoes & now Three Houses) and it's been nice seeing the soundtracks getting the same kind of premium treatment that I've usually seen reserved for Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts. It's really been great to see.