• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely curious if all the structure manages to hold up in the end. If that spire goes down...

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the firefighters are able to save the building. Glad people were able to evacuate safely.

Oct 25, 2017
This is terrible, dread to think how much will be left when the fire is finally extinguished :/

Glad it seems to have been safely evacuated though.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck.
I have really good memories of both the plaza and the inside of the church, this is heartbreaking.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the fire is around the spire but doesnt look like it's to the 2 giant tower structures on the other end yet.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
zygx9e5a00oh_std640.jpg

Prattle

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Here's a really stupid question. Fire, ultimately, wouldn't do that much structural damage to a building primarily made out of masonry, would it?

It should be fine. Unless the roof beams are helping keeping the walls up.

For me it's all the innards that's heartbreaking. All the historical pieces

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh no no no that looks horrible! I really hope they can take the fire out quickly and save parts of the building at least! It would be tragic to lose this!

I also hope no one is inside in the fire!

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
The fire is spreading quickly now.

Edit: Pretty major structural collapse just happened.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Oh man, that looks really bad.
Hopefully they will probably rebuild it if it's not completely destroyed. If it goes completely into the ground, well...

Then again it's mainly stonework and that thankfully doesn't burn, but the framework for many of the structures and decoration inside might be gone. I guess it will be fixable, but pretty expensive.