• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
You do know how employments work right ? She is not allowed to make contact/take talent from old collegueas if it's in same industry for about 5 years or she could face legal issues .

Ot: good for her .wishing her the best :)

Is this actually enforceable in California? Sounds very strange to me - if it were true, it would seem extremely hostile to workers.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is this actually enforceable in California? Sounds very strange to me - if it were true, it would seem extremely hostile to workers.
I m not sure about California specifically but in North america it is a thing.

It protects corporations I guess so another corporation doesn't come and start hiring all their members within a month through one key role lol

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it. We might have something in 2021 at the earliest seeing just how few employees it is they have right now.

It will have been more than two years since the studio would have been founded and I am sure that Xbox will want as much content as possible ready to hype up Scarlett. I fully expect a tease or something from them next Summer.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
It will have been more than two years since the studio would have been founded and I am sure that Xbox will want as much content as possible ready to hype up Scarlett. I fully expect a tease or something from them next Summer.
That could very easily be:

Halo Infinite.
Forza Motorsport 8.
A project from Ninja Theory.
Partnerships with third party developers for exclusives like they had Ryse, Dead Rising, Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive.
Fable from Playground Games.

You would be looking at anything from 6-8 games. And they would still have something from the Horizon team to look forward to without showing everything on day one.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
All this means is Microsoft will roughly know what games Sony first party are developing. Secondly a few more moves from Sony to Xbox as she will have a good idea who the top talent is.

That's called Corporate Espionage.

Additionally, she's in HR - she sees what roles people join the company as. It doesn't mean she knows what projects they're working on at all.

Like others have said, this thread blows an insignificant hiring as something way bigger. She was most likely hired as she has experience in a similar company doing that job.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's called Corporate Espionage.

Additionally, she's in HR - she sees what roles people join the company as. It doesn't mean she knows what projects they're working on at all.

Like others have said, this thread blows an insignificant hiring as something way bigger. She was most likely hired as she has experience in a similar company doing that job.
Paranoid delusion and I get that's what you were going for. That's what exit agreements and NDAs are for. They pay you well enough not to divulge that info.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Considering her job is acquiring studios she probably didn't have anything to do at Sony. It only makes sense to move to Xbox.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard Naughty Dog hired a janitor who spent over a decade at MS prior to that. Big moves!

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
most of these are actually well known developers, we dont make a thread about every employee in the industry, its pointless.
Building up from the ground completely new AAA studio from one of the biggest first-party publishers in the industry is not something we have every day, every month, every year. Especially after big flops at Microsoft within latest years with Xbox.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
"Xbox has no exclusives."
MS buy and make a bunch of studios. Info comes in about who will be part of said made studio.
"How is this news who cares"
It's just shy of goalpost-moving. Incredible how often people show that they care by needing to comment about how little they care.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
"Xbox has no exclusives."
MS buy and make a bunch of studios. Info comes in about who will be part of said made studio.
"How is this news who cares"
It's just shy of goalpost-moving. Incredible how often people show that they care by needing to comment about how little they care.
I personally think its funny as hell. The salt content is too damn high.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
People move jobs all the time in the games industry.

Every move doesn't need a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.