• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frunkalicious

Oct 28, 2017
Lots of good posts in this thread.

As for me, I'm always looking for a reason to post music from Shadowrun (1993). Almost every track have a nice slapping bass actually.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
ps1_big_ol_bass-120314.jpg

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Zarbon's theme slaps hard and is also a really good tune

Edit: WTF THIS SONG WAS USED IN YU YU HAKUSHO????? Just read it in the comments. Mind blown 🤯

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
This is cheating a bit, since it's a remix and not an official thing, but most recently this stands out (and is supported by FFXIV's composer, who asked for a full/longer version after Alex posted a short clip)

www.youtube.com

AMAUROT FUNK: a FFXIV To The Edge Remix (Reflections in Crystal)

This is what happens when I play too much Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XIV. I originally wrote a short snippet of this funky / EDM remix of "To The Edge" from...

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That sure slaps, but nothing quite slaps like Guile's theme

Can you really say that in front of the lord and savior Ridge Racer Type-4?

Spiral Ahead - Ridge Racer Type-4. Nothing more needs to be said
Peep this, the 20th anniversary album arrangement is absolutely godlike

Klortch

Dec 2, 2017
I forgot how amazing this Out Run soundtrack is! That is a great finger-style bass groove! These guitar-heavy Sega soundtracks really are the best.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha is one of my all time favorite OST's with some right funky bass. Tomohito Aoki (RIP) was one of the bass players on the set. He was such an awesome bass player.

That's pretty cool to hear, I always thought that the drums were the only live instrument and everything else was synthesised but clearly I underestimated them.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

The Sonic Adventure OST is a strong contender for best video game soundtrack of all time and goes in hard with this bass line

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is wonderful; not a wrong answer yet.

All of these soundtracks are amazing.
Came back in this topic just for R4. Soundtrack really needs to be released on Spotify. Namco have added a bunch and are still missing this one.

I'd put a case for most of the soundtrack having great bass, but nowadays Naked Glow comes to mind before anything else.

Naked Glow is absolutely my favorite and actually reminds me so much of OutRun's Magical Sound Shower it's crazy. (Don't ask me how, it just does.)

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
Came back in this topic just for R4. Soundtrack really needs to be released on Spotify. Namco have added a bunch and are still missing this one.

I'd put a case for most of the soundtrack having great bass, but nowadays Naked Glow comes to mind before anything else.

if real car dealerships had tunes like this I would never leave

Ah, people of exquisite taste.

Do not forget these:
GT4's Light Velocity arrangement

The grandfather of them all, FZero's Port Town

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug