• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I think the MCU Spiderman with Tom Holland is still my favorite, maybe because of the connecting world that has been already established. But Into the Spider-verse is top class. Everything about it was quality. Animation, story and characterization.

In regards to the animation, I actually thought there might have been something wrong with my TV at first when seeing the blurred edges at times, almost like I was was watching 3D. But did a Google on it and saw what was involved on the animation and realized it was intentional. The amount of work they had done is insane and it does show.

Where the story was relatively standard fare on an origin story, it was still highly enjoyable and done very well. What really made it great was the characterization. I don't think there was a character I didn't like. Not just the Spider (people?) were unique and well developed, but everyone. Even Aunt May wasn't just there. She was developed well in the short time we see her (and also quite the badass).

Towards the end, even though I knew it was eventually deadly for them, I was hoping Gwen would stay as Miles partner. Although with the very end we know we haven't seen the last of her (and maybe the others).

I was honestly surprised Sony did so well on this most recent Spiderman outing, considering with their first attempts. The first Spiderman with Tobey Maguire was decent, but everything since then, including the 'Amazing' Spiderman movies, leave much to be desired. I know there is a sequel scheduled for 2022. If Sony can put out this quality again, I am certainly looking forward to it.

Just realized that this movie was leaving Netflix tomorrow. Glad my roommate and I caught it tonight. We've been meaning to watch it for awhile now (was waiting awhile to get my new OLED in). Glad we watched it tonight!

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Still my favorite superhero movie ever
giphy.gif

Also, we need a show or movie of just Spider-Man Noir starring Nicolas Cage and no one can change my mind on this
DelightfulYoungArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To go from The Emoji Movie to Spiderverse in one year is quite the success story for Sony, glad this film got the attention it did. Think I saw this film 3 times in the cinema.

I also got to see an early preview of everything up to Peter B. Parkers arrival. So keeping quiet on

Peter Parker dying

Was a challenge to do, but I knew after seeing the opening act this was going to be one people will be talking about for years, and I'm glad that is the case.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
It is the most impressive and genuinely sincere animated movie I've seen in a long while. Every storyboard is executed perfectly, and the art style and choice of voice acting really makes it stand out.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
I was honestly surprised Sony did so well on this most recent Spiderman outing, considering with their first attempts. The first Spiderman with Tobey Maguire was decent, but everything since then, including the 'Amazing' Spiderman movies, leave much to be desired.
Dude?
...What about Spiderman 2?

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Its the best Spiderman movie since the original one. Holland Spidey movies are really mediocre and without him in the MCU, it would have fallen flat. Also, I am so ready for an older, grizzled Spiderman. No more kids plz.

OP
OP
Hobbun

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Dude?
...What about Spiderman 2?

True, have to give props to 2, as well. Alfred Molina did a great job as Doc Ock. Maybe "leave something to be desired" for the second movie with Tobey Maguire is a bit harsh. But I still feel the first is still the best (from Sony's live action Spidermans).

However, this one just stomps over all of the Sony Spidermans. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the sequel.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Its the best Spiderman movie since the original one. Holland Spidey movies are really mediocre and without him in the MCU, it would have fallen flat. Also, I am so ready for an older, grizzled Spiderman. No more kids plz.

So the movies that were written to fit into a cinematic universe would fall flat if they weren't in a cinematic universe? You don't say. 🤔

Didn't Lord and Miller have a TV deal and stuff to develop more from this? We haven't heard anything since soon after this came out, huh? I would normally say I don't have high hopes for a sequel, but the second LEGO movie was outstanding.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
this film was one of the top films of the year and best spiderman film. did it come out the same year of Padenton 2? if so it is the second-best film of the year.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
It's really incredible. I'm a huge MCU fan but this is possibly my favorite superhero movie ever, maybe only second to Endgame (Black Panther would have to be third).

Oct 25, 2017
The best Spider-Man movie to date. I loved this movie from beginning to end. Pushed Spider-Man 2 from being my favorite Spider-Man movie. The most shocking part is not only did Sony make an awesome animated Spider-Man film, but they was able to make an animated film that was better than 2 Pixar movies that came out in 2018.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
This was my background picture at work up until we went home for COVID. At least 3 people saw it and were interested enough to ask where it was from. They all came back and told me they watched the movie on Netflix and enjoyed it a ton and none were the "nerdy" sort. It's a tremendous film and I made like 10 people see it for my birthday on opening day and I remember being in that crowd and knowing I was watching a real winner.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
True, have to give props to 2, as well. Alfred Molina did a great job as Doc Ock. Maybe "leave something to be desired" for the second movie with Tobey Maguire is a bit harsh. But I still feel the first is still the best (from Sony's live action Spidermans).

However, this one just stomps over all of the Sony Spidermans. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the sequel.

Spider-Man 2 is vastly superior to 1 in every way. 1 is a pretty mediocre movie, with absurd amounts of camp that left me somewhat disappointed even back then. Until the Nolan Batman films and the MCU, X-Men 1/2 and Spider-Man 2 were pretty much the gold standard for superhero movies.

OP
OP
Hobbun

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man 2 is vastly superior to 1 in every way. 1 is a pretty mediocre movie, with absurd amounts of camp that left me somewhat disappointed even back then. Until the Nolan Batman films and the MCU, X-Men 1/2 and Spider-Man 2 were pretty much the gold standard for superhero movies.

That's really the nice thing about opinions as they are subjective. I enjoyed the first one more, but that's me.

However, the thread wasn't really to debate which of the original Spiderman movies were better.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
That's really the nice thing about opinions as they are subjective. I enjoyed the first one more, but that's me.

However, the thread wasn't really to debate which of the original Spiderman movies were better.

Well, the problem is that you're not going to get much in the way of debate about how awesome Spider-Verse is, because everyone agrees. :)

Deleted member 69501

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2020
To go from The Emoji Movie to Spiderverse in one year is quite the success story for Sony, glad this film got the attention it did. Think I saw this film 3 times in the cinema.

I also got to see an early preview of everything up to Peter B. Parkers arrival. So keeping quiet on

Peter Parker dying

Was a challenge to do, but I knew after seeing the opening act this was going to be one people will be talking about for years, and I'm glad that is the case.
Wow how did you get to see it early

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Don't feel too bad. Those early Spider-Man movies with sad sack Tobey aren't that great in retrospect.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

18c3dbd09f3e5e9b0976d0f49ecb5334.gif

I watched Homecoming for the first time the other night and found it really boring, whereas Into the Spiderverse completely blew me away the first time.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Yes! I just saw this movie for the first time last weekend since it's leaving Netflix very soon and loved it!

The visuals, story, writing, setting, and characters were all top notch! It went by so fast too for two hours.

I think the only complaint that I had was that Uncle George was very underdeveloped. Other than that, I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone wanting to watch an enjoyable film.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Was one of the most pleasant surprises I've ever seen in a theater.

I went because of the amazing looking animation, but the whole multi-verse thing had me expecting a movie that was for the die-hard Spider-man fans. Referenced and jokes that would just fly over my head. It's incredibly how accessible it was to non-comic readers like myself.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I love this as a movie so much. Not just a 'superhero' movie. The sensation I got from watching this was pretty damn emotional the first time, and it's been an absolute joy to rewatch time and again since its release. It strikes me as so sincere and funny.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
One of the last times in recent memory that a film lived up to the hype.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
All i can say is you are welcome. This one of the best films of all time and easily the best spiderman movie. it is so good it makes me sick.. My godson had to see it three times in theatres lol.

When it comes to animation the only film better is Paddletion 2 and that movie is pure 100% perfect.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
One of my favorite movies of the past decade. The story, the fight scenes, the music, the style. Everything was amazing.

It's crazy to me that a superhero movie had such a strong impact on me when the theaters are flooded with them. But every time I watch it I feel inspired.

Deleted member 1698

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Take away the art style and it sucked. Several of the characters are really poor and the story does nothing special.

But don't take away the artstyle because it is amazing.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
You can go on and say Spider-Man 2 is better and whatever because blah blah blah

I don't care Into the spider verse is my absolute favorite Spider-Man movie and will definitely be on my top 5 hell maybe top 3 super movies

I fucking love this movie

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
It's probably my favourite film of all time, no qualifiers. I'm not even that into superhero films or Spiderman in particular.

It is so relentlessly inventive, every scene is a slam dunk and I get cozy just thinking about it. When I was young I used to love getting blazed and getting lost in these films like Kidulthood that feel drastically different as they progress. Weed fucks me up these days but watching this in the cinema had this exact effect on me, I had no idea where I was during the final stretch and loved it.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
You can go on and say Spider-Man 2 is better and whatever because blah blah blah

I don't care Into the spider verse is my absolute favorite Spider-Man movie and will definitely be on my top 5 hell maybe top 3 super movies

I fucking love this movie
My favorite superhero movie is either Spiderverse or Spidey 2 and it basically just hinges on whichever one I saw most recently.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I watched it a few months ago for the first time myself after getting my OLED and I agree 100%. Easily the best Spidey film and one of the best animation films I've seen.
Is this movie good if you don't know anything about spider-man?
Absolutely. While some of the characters have backstories, the film gives a very quick rundown of them and the film is an origin story itself.

Deleted member 69501

Banned
May 16, 2020
Honestly it's the least controversial movie I can ever remember a large amount of ppl claiming itas their fav of the genre

Think about it, if you say your favorite it's the dark knight, Logan, spider man 2, Or one of Marvel's films, etc. You'll usually has someone say your wrong and here's 10 reasons. Mention into the spidervers and honestly ppl don't really argue against your pic, but for their preferred choice.

That in the era of controversy is pretty sensational if you ask me

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
It's the best Marvel movie and the only superhero / comic book movie that comes close to Batman Mask of the Phantasm.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely my favorite spiderman movie, and definitely top 5 superhero for me too. Just so many great decisions in the movie itself, and made me really want more with most of the spiderverse characters.