• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
New website

Ninja Theory Ltd - Ninja Theory Ltd, Independent Games Developer in Cambridge UK!

Old one. Snapshot
Didnt work half of the time also lol

schermafbeelding2020-g9jvj.png

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
I prefer simpler website that doesn't rely on animations and huge graphics.

Usability, speed and light on system resources > Flashy appearance.

Oct 27, 2017
I actually having spent 5 seconds so far dislike some things here from a UX perspective. A carousel you can't manually control as the landing page is a no-no. The burger menu seems unnecessary for so few navigation options and the careers page uses yet another carousel which doesn't seem very useful in terms of people focused in finding a specific career area, its just additional swipes. While it looks 'nice' I'm not sure the changes here improve usability or experience on the site. Not to say the 2000s one is great either but this has a whole different set of issues.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Looking at their website, they seem to have a pretty efficient release cadence.

Heavenly Sword - 2007
Enslaved - 2010
DMC - 2013
Disney Infinity Marvel Super heroes - 2014
DMC Definitive edition - 2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 - 2015

Hellblade - 2017

That's a pretty good release frequency right there. Bodes well for a 2021 release of their next project.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I actually having spent 5 seconds so far dislike some things here from a UX perspective. A carousel you can't manually control as the landing page is a no-no. The burger menu seems unnecessary for so few navigation options and the careers page uses yet another carousel which doesn't seem very useful in terms of people focused in finding a specific career area, its just additional swipes. While it looks 'nice' I'm not sure the changes here improve usability or experience on the site.
Yeah basically all this, found the auto carousel very confusing and the transitions from page to page and while scrolling could do with being faster I think.

I think just getting rid of the carousel and cutting back on some of the fade-in stuff would make it feel easier to use personally

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta

Heavenly Sword - 2007
Enslaved - 2010
DMC - 2013

Hellblade - 2017

That's a pretty good release frequency right there. Bodes well for a 2021 release of their next project.

Poor Bleeding Edge

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
It's a bit weird that the homepage has a different navigation, which disappears when you click on one of the categories.
You mean the sliding blog posts on the front page? That's not the navigation. Navigation is all in the menu in the top right that stays there no matter what page you're on.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Off topic, but having lived with next gen consoles for a few weeks, that Hellblade 2 trailer looks...uhm...less believable than ever. Way beyond what can be achieved on Series X or PS5.
Then again, maybe UE5 really is the paradigm shift they promised, but i'll remain skeptical until we get to see something we can actually play running on our consoles.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Heavenly Sword - 2007
Enslaved - 2010
DMC - 2013

Hellblade - 2017

Their entire catalogue:

2003 Kung Fu Chaos (as Just Add Monsters)
2007 Heavenly Sword
2010 Enslaved
2013 DmC
2013 Fightback
2014 Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes
2015 DmC Definitive Edition (mostly design. Bulk of development done by QLOC)
2015 Disney Infinity 3.0
2017 Hellblade
2017 Dexed
2018 Nicodemus: Demon of Evanishment
2018 Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice VR
2019 A Star Wars VR Series: Vader Immortal – Episode I
2020 Bleeding Edge

Personally I don't expect Hellblade 2 before 2022.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I don't understand. You can navigate to anywhere on the website in like 2 clicks. Everything you need is in that burger menu, as is pretty standard for modern websites. What's the issue?
I did?
I can operate it just fine
you start off with the three section text menu in a somewhat central left position, then you get the burger menu which is all the way in the top right corner. that's awful.

going by the other posts, it seems some of you were looking at the mobile site.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
you start off with the three section text menu in a somewhat central left position, then you get the burger menu which is all the way in the top right corner. that's awful.

going by the other posts, it seems some of you were looking at the mobile site.
Yeh it looks like the website was designed with mobile in mind first. Which means the desktop version is super unintuitive.

Jan 21, 2019

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
OP has got different responses to what he expected lol I personally think it's very nice but I thought the old one was fine.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Had no idea they were in Cambridge, such a boring place to live lol

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem like an improvement.

Focus on slow, fancy animations over a good, smooth UX.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh yeah, i'm loving seeing all those 640x480 screenshot streched in my 1080p screen in this background slideshow.

Here comes the armchair UX designeers.