• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The art looks fantastic. That key art though of Clive has now become my phone wallpaper. It looks awesome.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Getting strong Final Fantasy Type-0 vibes with FF12 mixed in for the political bits. Really hoping the different kingdoms are a big part of the storyline and they have some solid political intrigue alongside the inevitable "save the world" stuff.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
You know this game is going to be good when the only nitpick people can make so far are the ordinary names.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, people never heard the name Clive? Clive Owen?

I am genuinely baffled as a British person, I'm pretty sure I could check classified ads and find at least 10 Clives working as plumbers, which is why it being picked as a name in a fantastical RPG is kinda funny

Also Clive Barker the Hellraiser director

Apparently the all-American Garfield even had an invisible friend called Clive

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Cloud
Squall
Zidane
Tidus
Vaan
Lightning
Noctis

Clive sounds good. It's finally a real name.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny seeing people use Cloud and Squall and Lightning as examples of more fantastical names but completely ignore names like Cecil and Tina which are also super normal names like Clive.

Samuel

Oct 27, 2017
So far it feels like Square is making its comeback with this game, very excited to see what the final product is.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
world_art_01_pc.jpg

Well, there it is. So that really was FFXVI artwork after all! I was kinda 50/50 on that for the longest time.
Where/when did this first appear?

Oct 27, 2017
I really like those city pictures. It captures that fantasy imagination really well. I just hope it translates well to the game because the trailer kinda made a lot of what was shown kinda gray and bland.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Damn the art of the town looks so cool. Really hope we get to explore it and see it in the next trailer. The only thing missing from the XVI trailer was stunning vistas.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Game premise, world foundation, and art kinda reminds me of The Last Remnant. Something about it and I know the director is the same. Not saying this is bad though, I like TLR.

Overall it sounds decent enough, looking forward to more info next year.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lol @ everyone who thought that Joshua was Ifrit. Come on. We told you.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
I'm disappointed in myself because my first thought after reading the blog was this feels like medieval Naruto.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The characters in game looking nothing like their art.

I hope the same isn't true of the cities because that city art is gorgeous.

and lmao @ Clive. The only Clive I know is my friend's gammon as fuck hilarious dad.

whatsarobot

Nov 17, 2017
FUCK YES LET'S GOOOOOO.

This feels like a real FF! The art is incredible. The story has character driven drama, and for the first time in a long time, very little complicated lore. I swear the last decade has been "the fal'cie" and FFXV required I watch an anime series and a full length movie to even understand the first act of the game.

I got a good feeling about this one. Let's Go FFXVI!

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Can't help but feel like Rosfield sounds a lot like roast beef. Like, it's a struggle. Haven't gotten it out of my head all day.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Character should've been called Night Edgeblade.

Night because it sounds like knight and he's a knight sort of and Edgeblade to show how edgy he is (like a blade) and he uses a sword.

Jill should've been Lady McPrecious because she is a lady and is precious and shouldn't get hurt and should probably stay away from the main character the whole game and everything we know about her should be told to us by other characters and we just have to BELIEVE in their love.

Joshua should've been like, Mogfry or Popin or Lalalittle or something, to show the childlike glee he holds and how he's a child and young and a child.

Get good with character names SE! Hire Meeeee!!! 20 more years of characters named after things!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It says so much that the game feels like it has so much more restraint when it comes to character designs when it has a character that looks like this:
kv_pc.jpg

Really can't be understated how much of an improvement this game's cast is over XV's when it comes to character designs. Also thank god they've gone with some other than the cringeworthy motivation of names like Noctis Lucis Caelum

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

FettS1

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing! Finally free from the 'Fabula Nova' mythos & influence. I still like FF13, 15 - but it's been a full decade w/ that mythos and lore hanging over the mainline single-player games (FF14 excluded).

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As a french it sounds perfectly fine tbh. I mean, Shadow's real name in FF6 is Clyde.

Also let's remember that Lightning real name in the localized version is Claire.

I think it is because the name is so normal and I associate it to regular guys. FF has conditioned me to expect strange names for the lead protagonist, I suppose

Claire is a really pretty name, though. It's a common name, but it always sounds classy

Strangely enough I'm fine with Clyde, and even Joshua and Jill. It's really just Clive throwing me off.

AkaiShiki

Dec 28, 2019
Looks amazing! Finally free from the 'Fabula Nova' mythos & influence. I still like FF13, 15 - but it's been a full decade w/ that mythos and lore hanging over the mainline single-player games (FF14 excluded).

I can't help but think that the tag line "the legacy of the crystals has shaped our history for long enough" is a direct reference to Fabula Nova Crystallis.

yencid

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized, the key art for older clive, his arm looks quite a lot like the ifrit we saw in the trailer.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The producer of the game disagrees with you and finds chasing top end graphics a waste.
I mean, thats not what he said. The game will have top end graphics at launch, but they wont sell you the game based entirely on CG gameplay videos that are nigh impossible to live up to.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
It says so much that the game feels like it has so much more restraint when it comes to character designs when it has a character that looks like this:
kv_pc.jpg

Really can't be understated how much of an improvement this game's cast is over XV's when it comes to character designs. Also thank god they've gone with some other than the cringeworthy motivation of names like Noctis Lucis Caelum
...Nero, is that you?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017